• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New nsxprime subscriber.

Hey guys just subscribed yesterday, and have been doing some light research into purchasing an nsx. I have recently sold my ap1 s2000 and am looking at either an ap2 s2k, or 01/02 e46 m3. I have always loved the nsx with a passion but never thought about purchasing one as they are so rare, till i bought the last issue of motor mag.... now in the motormag nsx thread, you guys mentioned 40k for a nsx is a bit unrealistic, what if the price was upped to 50k? would that be a reasonable sum for an early model Manual nsx?

Any feedback would be great just so i can clarify weather to continue in the hope of finding an nsx or just shut the idea down before i become to obsessed.

Cheers.

Brendan.

Hi Brendan,

I think Motor had just taken the book value of the vehicle, rather than do their homework in relation to what the vehicles are actually selling for. That being said, there was a very cheap 93 or 94 Black Manual NSX sell on ebay recently for $42,000. In fact the person selling didn't even attempt to sell it on carsales.com.au.

I know that some autos have changed hands on the last few months for the $40,000 odd and whilst they were not the best vehicles I had seen, they were certainly great value at that price.

I'm not sure where you live but if you are in Melbourne and you haven't driven one let me know and you can take mine for a drive. At least you will then know if it meets your expectations.

From my perspective they are a sensational car that is reasonably cheap to run and maintain. I had a GT-R before the NSX and whilst is might have been nominally quicker, the complete driving experience doesn't compare.

Good luck and all the best,

David

hey guys appreciate the response, i am located in melbourne, in the south eastern area, but would happily drive out to meet you if im to far out of the way.

I did see that black one sell on ebay, my god am i jealous of the owner, great find, i was about a week to late to catch it.

Its quite frustrating seeing so many auto's available but what can ya do aye? Problem is the nsx isnt exactly the kind of car i think I could wait around for because i could be waiting for a year+ waiting for a Manuel e46 m3 with less than 100,000 km's at a decent price is hard enough, 3 months without a nice car is starting to take its toll on my enjoyment in life lol.

I have only just bought my NSX but mrs fell preggerz so once its over the WA pits it will be up for sale :(

Hi Brendan,

I'm in the South East suburbs of Melbourne, so please feel free to give me a call and come and have a drive of my car. You can send me an email at [email protected] and either give me your contact details or I can send you mine.

I bought my car from WA so if you are interested in that one I can give you all of the details about getting it here. Look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

David

Hey guys just subscribed yesterday, and have been doing some light research into purchasing an nsx. I have recently sold my ap1 s2000 and am looking at either an ap2 s2k, or 01/02 e46 m3. I have always loved the nsx with a passion but never thought about purchasing one as they are so rare, till i bought the last issue of motor mag.... now in the motormag nsx thread, you guys mentioned 40k for a nsx is a bit unrealistic, what if the price was upped to 50k? would that be a reasonable sum for an early model Manual nsx?

Any feedback would be great just so i can clarify weather to continue in the hope of finding an nsx or just shut the idea down before i become to obsessed.

Cheers.

Brendan.

Welcome Brendan...

Patience is a virtue... All good things come to those who wait....
I suppose life lessons like these are a little old fashioned in this "I want it now!" society.

The NSX is a rare car in Australia, consider that Ferrari sell more cars in one year here than Honda sold NSX's in 18 years... Now selling an NSX is pretty much the same, I had my first NSX for sale for more than 6 months before anyone even called, then the first guy who did call bought it!

Now your choice of cars is interesting, putting the NSX somewhere between an AP2 S2000 and a BMW E46 M3... I've always wondered why people would want a German taxi, but then never having to transport a family is probably why I've leant towards sports cars which BMW's are definitely not.

The S2000 you sold though does explain why the interest in the NSX as most S2000 owners I've met aspire to own an NSX one day. I've got S2000 guys here standing in line if I ever want to sell either of mine.

I've always thought the competitors to the NSX are the Porsche 911 and the Ferrari 355 & 360 both of which are many more examples available if you really cannot wait for the right NSX to come along...

Yes that NSX on Ebay was a bargin! I even thought about clicking the "Buy it now" button myself! Best deal I've seen in over 10 years watching the market here. I wouldn't expect another one of those to come along soon...

Good luck with your search Brendan, I hope you can wait for the right manual NSX to come up for sale because it really is worth the wait!... :smile:

Well I just want my money back on my car I paid 46k for it.

only done 65000ks Auto in immaculate condition.

Few minor problems with SRS light staying on and Rockert cover needs replacement..

rest is spot on.

Teza sorry but no interest in an auto, if i had some interest i probably would of bought an smg m3 ages ago, as there are plenty around, and no offense to honda but the smg is one of the better auto trannies available short of dsg.

Welcome Brendan...

Patience is a virtue... so true unfortunately.

LOL your making a big claim saying the m3 is not a sports car, but i guess in the original meaning of the phrase 'sports car' your right, these days many people would consider a hsv gts a sports car......with 4 doors??

I have no interest in any sort of ferrari, i cant imagine the running costs of something like that, a 911 is different but not in my price range, as i have mentioned im looking to spend no more than 50k on my next car, and im just trying to do some research as far as seeing if that's possible or not.

Welcome to Prime!

I waited from early 90's when I sat in one a guy from our car club bought, I think it was one of the first in Aus, till I finally got one 2 years ago..............the wait was worth it.

Just did a 2000 km trip over Easter, brilliant car, handles everything with ease (including dirt roads!), makes passing cars a joke even in 5th, very comfortable and around 8L/100kms at the VIC speed limit (boring), so you get to save the planet as well!! Not the quickest car on a track but probably the best engineered.

I reckon you can get a manual for ~$50k if you wait, it may need a bit of TLC but all parts are available new or 2nd hand on Prime. It is a Honda afterall.

Cheers

Welcome to Prime!

I waited from early 90's when I sat in one a guy from our car club bought, I think it was one of the first in Aus, till I finally got one 2 years ago..............the wait was worth it.

Just did a 2000 km trip over Easter, brilliant car, handles everything with ease (including dirt roads!), makes passing cars a joke even in 5th, very comfortable and around 8L/100kms at the VIC speed limit (boring), so you get to save the planet as well!! Not the quickest car on a track but probably the best engineered.

I reckon you can get a manual for ~$50k if you wait, it may need a bit of TLC but all parts are available new or 2nd hand on Prime. It is a Honda afterall.

Cheers

Thanks =), all the members on here seem great, so that's a bonus, i really do like the honda community in general, one of the biggest downsides if i was to purchase a bmw would be the fact that bmw owners have a different view when it comes to there car's and life, and usually its more of a 'nose up' thing.

I loved going on cruises with the boys on s2ki.com, down black spur and g.o.r, and if i stuck with a honda im sure they wouldnt mind me taging along =D

Welcome Brendan.

If you are patient (and I am talking 12 months) you should be able to pick up an early manual NSX around $50 but it will need some TLC/$ spent.

A few people have mentioned the NSX on ebay and I saw the thread. Has anyone heard any news since the auction finished? My NSX was on ebay about 5 years ago and it also sold for a bargain price.........however it was not me selling it..........it was a fraud and the guy was asking for a $2k deposit to hold the car until he returned from overseas...........he had all the details (and photos) on the car from an old carsales ad. Just wondering if this most recent Ebay sale was a real sale or not.

Re the $42k car on Ebay.....the story of the false sale sounds scary especially if it was your car!

I spoke to the guy selling and he sounded genuine enough (it turned out we had worked for the same company in similar fields, just different locations). His background would lead him to want and appreciate a NSX. He was also keen for me to inspect it.........

Someone got a bargain which needed a bit of work, will have to see if they apppear on Prime.
I have found Prime an amazing resourse, lots of good solid info, great vendors in the USA, huge range of 2nd hand parts and to top it off a trip to Feista Japan last year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the NSX (meeting some other Aussie NSX owners in the process)

Hi Brendan,

I am also new to this community and everyone has been most helpful.

I bought my car in Feb this year after looking around for 6 months or so. I looked at virtually all manual cars at that time and I was prepared to travel to look at them.

One more place that is worthwhile looking at is www.trovit.com This site picks up ads from other sites as well (e.g. newspaper classifieds) as I have noticed that quite a few sellers do not advertise on carsales. A 3.2 6 speed sold in Hobart Nov last year that was only advertised in the Hobart papers but the tovit site picked it up. I bought my car from a Perth seller who also only advertised in the Perth daily paper.

All the best!

Leong

Thanks leong, i had a browse then, and it only listed the adds already up on carsales, but ill definitely keep tabs on that site now, thanks again.

Anyway, so i met up with MLCNsx yesterday, to see what i thought of the car in the flesh, and it looked stunning, pictures dont do the car justice, its lower, sleeker, and the lines look better than i imagined. not to mention the volk's on the car suited perfectly.

We spent i recon almost 2 hours talking about the car, and he offered to let me borrow an nsx book that seemed to have alot of the history to do with the car, along with a wheels mag from when the car was first released, was a true enthusiest and deffinately helped a great deal, fantastic guy. thanks heaps.

Before i explain my outcome, i have to clear up a bit on my opinions to do with the other 2 cars i was looking at, after owning the s2000, it was fantastic, the car did everything i could of wanted it looked the part, and went well, felt good, and was awesome with the roof down, getting another would never be a hassle but the curiosity of what else is out there does effect me alot, but i learnt how reliable Honda's are from that car and how much character their engine has, VTEC yo!

Not to long ago i joined a forum called e46fanatics.com.au, mainly to learn more about the e46 m3, i went in their knowing its not going to be as reliable, and parts would cost a fortune, but figured the experience it would give back far out weighed any of the costs it would create, after all it was bmw's 'M' range, meaning they are drivers cars. So about a week later, much like what happened with MLCNsx, i was contacted by a forum member offering to meet up with me, and take me for a drive in his smg, m3. Unfortunately i wasnt interested at all in the smg but at least i got an idea of how the car behaved, same power output as the manuel, marginal differences in spec's. I also spent a good hour+ taking in as much as i could, the car was very quick (power output is a good 30kw+ than the nsx, but that didnt matter in the end) and sticked to the road quite firmly, was nice inside and came with a few goodies, gps, seats that could pump up the bolsters and a killer harmon kardon sound system, all in all it was quite the package, but when i was finished up i left there with a slight feeling of emptiness, i was expecting to drive home and not stop thinking about it, and assumed the car would of grabbed me but it didnt, i cant say why exactly maybe its because the smg trans wasnt all that impressive, or becuase it had 4 seats and wasnt a true sports car, i cant say right now.

But what i can say is.......the NSX fullfilled all my expectations and more! its amazing, its hot, its quick, its firm, and i think i fell in love with the transmission, i thought the s2 had a good trannie, but this is even better, i would of assumed being a 5 speed it would of been a bit old and sloppy but it was the complete opposite.
I did leave last night and didnt stop thinking about the car all through dinner with my mates, they where all chatting away while i was off in my own little world.

So its going to be hard but i think ill stick out the long wait and hope an nsx comes round, cause this is definitely what i want.

P.S that red nsx with 109,xxx km's on carsales, i called up to inquire about but it was sold =( that leaves only 1 man nsx in australia for sale atm, and i believe its way overpriced but ill still probably get in contact with the owner over the next few days but im not holding my breath by any means.

Excellent choice Brendan!! and thanks for sharing the story. BM's are great cars as well but the NSX is really the "1st of type" which makes it extra special. I suppose you are either hooked or not.

Good luck with the search (I would ring the ebay guy with the $42k manual to make sure the sale went through....you never know!)

NSX9

Hi Brendan,

Thanks for sharing your story with us! I must admit to getting a few goose bumps whilst reading it as your first impressions somewhat mirrored mine... A little too closely actually... Maybe a cut-and-paste from one of my posts 7 years ago or something?... j/k :smile:

Good luck with your search... I'll keep an eye out for you as well Brendan!. Just remember; "all good things come to those who wait"! :wink:

From your description above, I know you get it now and you won’t regret the waiting for the right one to come along and pick you as it's new owner.

Cheers

Mike

Ok now im just thinking with our dollar being so good atm, its not a bad idea to consider importing, does anyone know of someone in aus who has imported an nsx?

I think the only to places to go with is america and japan, now i cant live with a lhd so i would need to get it converted, would this be a good idea, or would i have small changes like the H-brake would stay on the other side.

I also currently have a mate in america atm bringing back an old gto, so i have sent him a msg askign if he could bring back any and all info he can find regarding transportation, fees and costs to do with bringing the car over.

The way i see it atm is i need to work out all the costs of importing, and the aditional fees when the vehicle arrives in the country, but one thing im sure of is that ill travel to which even region i end up going with (to inspect the car before sealign the deal) weather it be japan or the u.s, my biggest card i have to play with is my father works for Qantas and i can get return flights from overseas trips for as little as around 300 bucks, but that doesnt mean im gonna fly everywhere lol.

One other concern is does anyone know if Honda made any particular differences to each nsx they maid for each country e.g. in japan some of Japan's safety ratings arent as high as ours, so they might not have the same support throughout the chassis of the car.

Obviously im going to be doing research of my own, but it would be greatly appreciated to hear what you guys know of, obviously importing a car isnt easy otherwise everyone would be doing it, so it could take many months of preparation if it seemed like a good idea.

Cheapest place in the world to buy a RHD NSX is the UK. Even cheaper than the US! However rarity is a similar problem but there are still sooooo many more than here!

Forget Japan, I know of a guy in Melbourne who has exported 2 NSX's to Japan from Australia because some examples are cheaper here now than in Japan. Only go to Japan to get rare JDM only models like the Type R. Which by the way are now fetching 16+million Yen! 6 million Yen more than they were new! NSX's are now a collectors item in Japan.

Cost of conversion from LHD to RHD is prohibitive unless you can get your hands on a wrecked/half cut and do the conversion yourself.

Same situation with the auto/manual conversion. If you can do the work yourself, it may be worthwhile and not cost too much, just parts which will be $$$ by themselves as there is so much more than a gearbox and pedals! Unless you live in a country where NO manuals exist... Singapore, Malaysia etc where import duties are 100+% and parts can be imported to make the conversion more cost effective than bringing in a manual... But that is not the situation here.

We have manuals here, just waiting for the right one to become available will be your most cost effective option. Or import one from the UK. :smile:

yeah ive gone of auto man conversion, more of a spur of the moment kind of thing.

Also i doubt america is the best option purely cause parts will cost alot, plus the gauges/ dials will be different centre console wont be the same etc.

UK i never thought about, ill look into it, though i would of expected mroe from japan.....=/

anyway thanks for your thoughts really appreciate it.

Hi Brendan,

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-AU</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} </style> <![endif]--> I'm pleased to hear that you've made the right choice - my unbiased view of course!!! But let's face it, as soon as BMW brought out a new model you would lose $10,000 overnight, or near enough to it. If you add that to the obscene servicing and parts costs, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to work out the best option!!!

Good luck hunting down the right car, I'm sure something will surface sooner or later, hopefully sooner. I have also been told that's it's exceptionally hard to bring an NSX in from Japan these days and haven't heard of anybody bringing one in from the UK, but that's an interesting option.

If you need any help along the way let me know. I travel to every state in Australia, so I might be able to go and check something out for you, depending on where and when it is.

All the best,

David

Back