• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner 1991 Red/Black/Tan

can't believe its a 1991 ! Looks fantastic !

Thanks everyone. Luck and timing came together for this one. It was sold by a devoted NSX owner in 2001 and ended up spending most of its time in a storage container in PA. It was sold again this past June, but the guy who bought it had to unfortunately (fortunate for me) let it go to free up much needed cash. It has 54,000 miles on it. The paint is all original.

Some of the stuff that came with the car:
Wings West Ground Effects
Custom Leather on Doors
RM Racing SS Headers and Exhaust system
Upgraded ECU software.
Ultra Lightweight Flywheel and RM Racing HP Clutch.
New Nitto tires on 18" & 19" TSW Rims
New Battery,
Upgrade AC
Rebuilt Window Regulators.
Upgrade Stereo
Momo Pedals
Custom CF Instrument Panel & Gauges
CF Center Console and Door Arm Rests
New Brakes & Red Powdered Coated Calipers
Partially installed NOS (needs to be wired in)
Adjustable Coilovers,
Another set of 18" & 17" tires on Triple Chrome Plated Momo Arrow Rims
CF, Red Powder Coated and Polished Alum Engine Covers and Parts
CF Intake and K&N Filter
Momo CF Shift Handle
Zarnardi Mats and Trunk Mat
Honda Badge on front and Honda name on back tail light
and there's more

Being that its low mileage the last two owners didn't think the timing belt replacement was necessary. The car now sits in my garage until I can trailer it next week to Advance Auto in Orlando for a new belt and all that good stuff.
First Picture.jpg

The car now sits in my garage until I can trailer it next week to Advance Auto in Orlando for a new belt and all that good stuff.

Please tell us this is a typo and you really meant you are bringing the car to Nabil at First Class Automotive in Orlando, FL. Nabil is the MAN for NSX work anywhere Orlando.

Good Look'in NSX, Welcome & Enjoy!:biggrin:

Just saw this, i was so close to flying down to FL and buying this car in January, but didn't want to risk driving it back with the lack of maintenance. If you don't mind, pm me what you paid, just wondering :p

Just saw this, i was so close to flying down to FL and buying this car in January, but didn't want to risk driving it back with the lack of maintenance. If you don't mind, pm me what you paid, just wondering :p

$34k, but knowing what I know now I should have paid less. It was unbelievable that Del was driving it around with a 24 year old timing belt! I ended up trailering it home and one week later trailered it back to Orlando where I had the timing belt, wp, seals, belts, valve adjustment, alignment (was way out of specs), brake system flush and starter rebuild. I got caught with my pants down on the starter, which was acting up as soon as I got the car home. There were a few other issues I also became aware of as I got into the car. When I test drove the car it had a vibration in the exhaust system that he said was caused by a vibrating heat shield under the trunk floor, which he didn't have time to fix. In fact he just wanted to remove it. The vibration turned out to be a bad baffle in the muffler, which apparently was a common problem with the no longer made RM Racing systems. I'm going to be installing a Pride V2 system with resonator test pipes and a set of Pride headers. He had all new wheels and tires, but the tires in front were too large in diameter, which resulted in rubbing in the inner fender wells and also caused an intermittent activation of the TCS system (due to differential in rotational speeds between front and rear wheels that exceeded the TCS system parameters). I ended up installing new tires in the front, but I was able to sell the others. I also replaced the inner fender wells which had been damaged. He was very lucky he didn't damage the fenders themselves. The wheels are super nice, but if I were to do it over again I would have gone with 18/17 rather than the 19/18 for performance reasons. I also found about 1/3 of the fins on the radiator folded over and looking like someone may have power washed it. I have a new Mishimoto radiator to install. I did install the new D2 coilovers that came with the car, which are great. Del also had work done on the sound system including a new receiver, speakers and amps that were nicely integrated into the old system so it still looks like OEM. All that's left to do is some cosmetic updating of the engine compartment and perhaps the steering wheel, and eventually a new windshield (I hate pitted glass). The leather is good, but is showing some wear on the bolsters so I'll probably be replacing the skins in another year or two. Other than that the car is essentially in beautiful condition and the paint is pretty much flawless. The only other mods I have plans for is installing RDX Injector System.

Nice clean ride, congrats!

Congrats on the purchase Joe, lol I never saw this thread. It might not of been fun paying for all the service you have done so but I'm sure you have peace of mind when you let her "rip".

Back