• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner 1991

Hello Everybody,

I've been a long time NSX fan, and finally bought a really clean 1991 from a nice guy named Andy in WI. I flew up with my 3 year old son, and we drove it back to Florida. We stopped in Indianapolis to visit family, then the Corvette museum and track, and then drove back through the Smokies driving the Cherohalla Skyway and tail of the Dragon. We had a great trip, and made a lot of great memories. In total, we put about 2,000 miles on the car, and it never missed a beat!

I've got a good friend who's had an NSX for about 20 years, and had many opportunities to drive his over the years, which got me hooked. I've been a Porsche guy for a long time, and race a 996 GT3 cup. I enjoy working on my cars, and am learning a lot through the forum on working on this car. I'm really enjoying the car so far, and have been driving it to work about twice a week!

David

Attachments

• IMG_5196.jpg
    IMG_5196.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 230
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 228
Congrats!

Good looking son there David!

NSX, too. :biggrin:

Hey, I recognize where that photo was taken (Dragon stop S end).

Welcome to NSX Prime community.

That is a really clean 91. Interior looks 10/10

Beautiful example! How many miles does it have on it?

Thanks!
The Tail was a lot of fun, but more of a motorcycle road. Quite a work out with no power steering. The real hidden gem is the skyway.

I was really excited to find a really nice interior.

I bought it with 63k on it, and now it's about 65. The trip home was great fun.

Yes, it has the cell phone which is cool. I've since taken it out though, so I have a place to put my phone and wallet.

That's a beauty and you're a very brave man. Precious moments, a great adventure and a fantastic heirloom. How did you get the car seat in there? And so clean! haha
Most car guys/gals have to jettison their babies (not the children!) when the offspring appears and dream of reclaiming those gems once the college tuition is paid off, ya know?
Congrats!
AJ

Thanks! The carseat fits really well actually. It's a Britax. Also, being a '91 without passenger airbag is a help, as I don't think you can manually disable it in the early cars with passenger airbags. Yes, I'm very lucky to be able to keep my toys with kids. I have a very understanding wife!

Back