• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner 2021 Thermal Orange

I've been in the market for a few months for an NSX. my short list was a McLaren 570s, AMG GT-R, G80 Xdrive, and the NSX. I actually still have my deposit in for the G80 M3CX. drove the Benz and it was just OK for me and from a styling standpoint it didn't have the look for me. The mclaren was probably tops on my list but value and reliability moved it down to second. I had reached out to Scott(@powdbyrice) for a new order but he told me I missed the window and the order banks were closed. I regrouped and that's when I put my deposit in for the G80 m3cx. then a couple weeks pass and Scott sends me an email that he had a buyer back out last minute, exact color and build I had sent him minus the CCB's. I went ahead and pulled the trigger and being completely across the country from the dealer it just got on an Intercity truck yesterday. Scott's been great and as helpful as he can be from the other side of the country and as 3 hour time difference. only hiccup is my DMV is giving me a hard time getting it titled and registered and the taxes paid as they want the title(which Acura holds) but no fault of the dealers. can't wait to have it in my garage, hopefully I'll have plates and registration by then. I have the hydro-dipped carbon emblems from SoS on order already as the chrome ones look terrible. my PPF and ceramic installer is just waiting for the car.

Look what came today

Attachments

• E1EB62C4-0E15-4219-9022-FA58ACFF0CD2.jpg
    E1EB62C4-0E15-4219-9022-FA58ACFF0CD2.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 546
  • 46FC7DD8-1AF2-459D-9532-6A69A94EF7E8.jpg
    46FC7DD8-1AF2-459D-9532-6A69A94EF7E8.jpg
    462.1 KB · Views: 544
  • E4AECED0-CE41-4C72-903E-FDEB7643258B.jpg
    E4AECED0-CE41-4C72-903E-FDEB7643258B.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 555
Congratulations on your new car and I think you made the right choice in selecting the NSX over a Mclaren. The thermal orange is a beautiful color. Wishing you much enjoyment in the future and hopefully your title/registration issues go smoothly.

very nice...having previously owned a mclaren mp4-12c and an AMG GTS I can tell you the NSX is a GREAT CHOICE. My McLaren was fast but really quirky...electrical gremlins, coolant leaks, faulty buttons...but incredibly fast. The AMG GTS was great but a little boring...and not as fast as I would have liked.

very nice...having previously owned a mclaren mp4-12c and an AMG GTS I can tell you the NSX is a GREAT CHOICE. My McLaren was fast but really quirky...electrical gremlins, coolant leaks, faulty buttons...but incredibly fast. The AMG GTS was great but a little boring...and not as fast as I would have liked.

Please add the missing information from your signature : )

2017 Acura NSX Science Of Speed Tune 10.8@130mph
2018 Tesla P100D 10.7@123
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa ??????

Please add the missing information from your signature : )

2017 Acura NSX Science Of Speed Tune 10.8@130mph
2018 Tesla P100D 10.7@123
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa ??????

Ha...just picked it up a few days ago...very fast but not something I will ever ride to it's full potential. Pro rider would def get that thing in the 9's though.

makes me feel better about my purchase. the brief seat time i've gotten, the thing that stands out most is the build quality. it just feels solid and quality. i already pulled the seatbelts and sent them off to safety restore to get the black webbing replaced with orange. should break up the black interior nicely. so for now the nsx is just sitting in the garage with the battery disconnected until i get it all put back together. very easy to pull the panels and get to the seatbelts, i didn't have to remove the seats. about an hour to get the seatbelts out. should have them back friday and i'll get it all buttoned up and then off to PPF and ceramic coat. then i'll be able to enjoy it. so far i literally got it off the truck drove it 1.5 miles to my garage and thats all the time i've spend driving it. haha can't wait to really enjoy it.

Congrats!

makes me feel better about my purchase. the brief seat time i've gotten, the thing that stands out most is the build quality. it just feels solid and quality. i already pulled the seatbelts and sent them off to safety restore to get the black webbing replaced with orange. should break up the black interior nicely. so for now the nsx is just sitting in the garage with the battery disconnected until i get it all put back together. very easy to pull the panels and get to the seatbelts, i didn't have to remove the seats. about an hour to get the seatbelts out. should have them back friday and i'll get it all buttoned up and then off to PPF and ceramic coat. then i'll be able to enjoy it. so far i literally got it off the truck drove it 1.5 miles to my garage and thats all the time i've spend driving it. haha can't wait to really enjoy it.

Expect even more gratification as you put more miles on the car.

You might find this PDF link informative; especially around the 6o-day paint curing period -- http://www.nsxwiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2017-Acura-NSX-Consultation-and-Delivery-Guide.pdf

Oh and let me know what you think of the car's horn after you reattach the 12-volt battery : )

Expect even more gratification as you put more miles on the car.

You might find this PDF link informative; especially around the 6o-day paint curing period -- http://www.nsxwiki.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/2017-Acura-NSX-Consultation-and-Delivery-Guide.pdf

Oh and let me know what you think of the car's horn after you reattach the 12-volt battery : )

do you now of anyway to find the exact build date or the day it was painted so i can make sure i wait out the 60 days

do you now of anyway to find the exact build date or the day it was painted so i can make sure i wait out the 60 days

Between the driver's door and door jamb is a MFD. BY HONDA OF AMERICA MFG., INC. sticker. Top right corner has the build month/year in MM/'YY format.
Screen Shot 2021-07-19 at 3.29.04 PM.jpg

Last edited:
[B [MENTION=37931]DrRay81[/MENTION] I have photos from 5/24/21 of your car in the factory painted. I ordered that car and the local Houston dealership here accidentally ordered the exact same spec car. They pulled the wrong spec order sheet and apparently the guy that thought he was getting a white car saw the orange one and went crazy after waiting 6 months for his car. The dealership sent him a photo and asked him if he wanted to come unwrap it and that is how he found out. [MENTION=37931]DrRay81[/MENTION]- I have photos of your car in the factory. As for [MENTION=32732]powdbyrice[/MENTION], I sent him some money for all the help he was during the process. He was nothing short of amazing during the process, and I hope to purchase a car from him in the future. I did not want two cars in Houston with he exact same specs and did not want to deal with the shipping. [/B]

[B @DrRay81 I have photos from 5/24/21 of your car in the factory painted. I ordered that car and the local Houston dealership here accidentally ordered the exact same spec car. They pulled the wrong spec order sheet and apparently the guy that thought he was getting a white car saw the orange one and went crazy after waiting 6 months for his car. The dealership sent him a photo and asked him if he wanted to come unwrap it and that is how he found out. @DrRay81- I have photos of your car in the factory. As for @powdbyrice, I sent him some money for all the help he was during the process. He was nothing short of amazing during the process, and I hope to purchase a car from him in the future. I did not want two cars in Houston with he exact same specs and did not want to deal with the shipping. [/B]
I’d love to see some pictures if you could send them to me. I tried to message you but I don’t think I have enough posts to access that feature. Maybe some one of the mods can help [MENTION=18194]Honcho[/MENTION] [MENTION=6718]drmanny3[/MENTION]

Got my seatbelts redone by safety restore. The orange webbing matches the thermal orange very well. Pictures don’t do it justice

Attachments

• B5332EE4-82C1-4521-86B8-F0E33A24359F.jpg
    B5332EE4-82C1-4521-86B8-F0E33A24359F.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 375
got the nsx back from PPF and ceramic. full front clip, rockers, Side mirrors, and rear bumper done in Xpel Ultimate Plus. Stek Dynoflex windshield and Stek Dynoblack Carbon Gloss on the roof. full Xpel Fusion Ceramic coat. also got the SoS spacers installed. here are some pictures of the spacer fitment, SoS did a fantastic job on the fitment of the spacers. really happy.

Attachments

• IMG-2013.jpg
    IMG-2013.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG-2012.jpg
    IMG-2012.jpg
    532.1 KB · Views: 287
A close up of the roof with stek dynoblack carbon gloss ppf

Attachments

• 203226AB-E4D4-401B-857C-27A7BE67A35E.jpg
    203226AB-E4D4-401B-857C-27A7BE67A35E.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 247