• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

new owner advice

Hi all,
my name is peter and thanks to kelvin i am posting for the first time on prime.
i have a 91(red/ivory) with 70K miles. since pruchase i lowered the car, placed used bbs lm's, placed ct exhaust, and other minor cosmetic parts. i wasn't sure if i was gonna keep the nsx but after driving it around i want to keep it. now my question is: i have some money saved so should I keep the 91 and do some mods and upgrades i.e. SC, new clutch, interior/exterior refinish)?
or
sell the 91 and get a newer NA2 with power steering and targa?
i know both choices come with different headheaches and tribulations.
my budget (max) would be $15K
i would appreciate your opinions.
oh, i live 45mins from sos
thnx

Hey Peter, glad to see you were able to get on here finally.

Have you driven an NA2? If you want, you can drive one of mine to see how you like it. I'd like to drive an NA1 coupe again to compare the differences as well.

Let's have a get together soon. Mike had mentioned doing dim sum a while back, I'd be game for that, or something else if other people prefer. :)

Hi Peter! and Welcome!! Hope to meet you at a local get together.

Sup Peter!

I wouldn't blame you for getting rid of the NSX altogether. Alot of cool and fun cars out there that are way better than anything in the Acura lineup right now.

Personally I would rather have a modified NA1 vs a stock NA2 if I was like going to spend $40K or so.

Just take a test drive in one of Kelvin's NA2s to see if the targa, 6spd, 3.2L, etc is worth it.

If you do sell your car, let me be the 1st to buy your 02+ tail lights. :biggrin:

Sup Peter!
If you do sell your car, let me be the 1st to buy your 02+ tail lights. :biggrin:

Welcome Peter !
Congrats on getting an NSX, its fun right?

Geez Mike, his first post and you are already calling dibs on his parts :eek:

The thing is with a '91, any mods you throw into the car simply enhance your driving experience and may not add significantly to the re-sale value... especially if you are talking about "go fast" mods.

You may search for awhile to get the NA2 that you want... unless you are Kelvin, they magically appear in his garage :cool:

Fellas, I'm down for Dim Sum anytime. Great Wall (near 17 and camelback)?
Thanks Kelvin for the offer and Mike you got dibs on the taillight.

Great Wall (near 17 and camelback)

I was thinking C-FU in Chandler but I know Sam & Wendy don't like that place as much as another one they mentioned (I don't remember the name though). I'm not sure I'd be willing to park my NSX at the Great Wall neighborhood unless we had armed guards, lol. Anyway, we can set up a time that's convenient for everyone hopefully sometime this month.

You may search for awhile to get the NA2 that you want... unless you are Kelvin, they magically appear in his garage :cool:

:D

Last edited:
In my opinion, yes, C-Fu is not that great.:eek:
I forgot the name of the restaurant I was talking about. But it is in the same intersection as C-Fu (Warner & Dobson) next to the Asian Supermarket. Let's get something done this week or weekend! I'll be back in Phoenix tonight :biggrin:

I was thinking C-FU in Chandler but I know Sam & Wendy don't like that place as much as another one they mentioned (I don't remember the name though). I'm not sure I'd be willing to park my NSX at the Great Wall neighborhood unless we had armed guards, lol. Anyway, we can set up a time that's convenient for everyone hopefully sometime this month.

:D

In my opinion, yes, C-Fu is not that great.:eek:
I forgot the name of the restaurant I was talking about. But it is in the same intersection as C-Fu (Warner & Dobson) next to the Asian Supermarket. Let's get something done this week or weekend! I'll be back in Phoenix tonight :biggrin:

It must be Phoenix Palace Buffet then. Got a good review from AZ Republic. I'm game. There's a Boba Tea House next door too.

Phoenix Palace
Reviewed by: Nikki Buchanan, The Arizona Republic, Mar. 10, 2010

When it comes to gathering family and friends to eat and talk and eat some more, the Chinese are old hands.

They were nibbling dim sum about a thousand years before we Americans turned brunch into a similar Sunday pastime. If you've never tried dim sum before, Phoenix Palace offers a deliciously accessible introduction to the elaborately prepared small plates. If you're already a devotee, don't wait another minute.

Scene: Phoenix Palace is a big room, packed with tables, some outfitted with lazy susans, and large enough to seat the multigenerational families arriving in droves on Sundays. A small takeout area near the front door makes it possible to grab a few snacks and go. But who would want to when dim sum celebrates the noisy movable feast of traditional trolleys laden with gorgeous goodies?

It's all about abundance and instant gratification. You see something you like and you "follow your heart" - which is dim sum's colloquial translation.

Service: More carts per minute than any other dim sum restaurant in town. And most of the servers speak some English while a few are fluent. They're universally friendly and willing to describe what they're pushing.

Food: Don't be spooked if you see a bowl of chicken feet whiz by. They're the exception, not the rule, in a tradition known for its refinement. Do expect an array of dishes so pretty, you won't care if you know what you're eating.

No one makes better char siu bao, steamed buns filled with sweet barbecued pork, because no one else gets the dough this fluffy or the pork this moist. They're amazing, but so is every dumpling and pastry here. We loved the slippery rice flour roll filled with beef and splashed with sweetened soy sauce. Har gow, pleated bonnets of pink shrimp, and firm jellyfish dumplings made us purr with pleasure, as did a sweet, shiny bun filled with shredded coconut, and a little pastry perfection called Snow Mountain, its interior rich with coconut custard.

Spicy salt shrimp, nested on taro sticks and topped with jalapeño and green onion, are all salt and crunch while crisp-skinned roasted duck, served with pickled vegetables and peanuts, is aromatic with five-spice. Mashed taro comes stuffed with pork and wrapped in a crispy lace, but pan-fried taro cake, unctuous with pork fat, offers a different experience altogether. After all the heavy dishes, steamed Chinese broccoli, drizzled with oyster sauce, seems blessedly light and healthful.

Lowdown: Get there before the 11:30 a.m. crush. But turnover is quick. Some dishes are surprisingly generous, so come with a group to sample more things. Items categorized A-E range from $2.25 to $6.25, which means two people can eat a table's worth for $35 or less

-- Nikki Buchanan, The Arizona Republic, Mar. 10, 2010

Last edited:
Lee Lee supermarket parking lot sucks bad though. Small and lots of potholes. Not NSX friendly. I don't care really. Since this is Peter's thread lets go where he wants. The ghetto, bring it on. :biggrin:

I don't care where. How about this Sunday (6/17) for dim sun lunch ??

Lee Lee supermarket parking lot sucks bad though. Small and lots of potholes. Not NSX friendly. I don't care really. Since this is Peter's thread lets go where he wants. The ghetto, bring it on. :biggrin:

Sounds good, how about if we start a new thread for Sunday's meet for more attention/participation?

Those of us on the west side can caravan; maybe meet up at Desert Ridge between 10am-10:30am?

If parking sucks at Lee Lee's, we can always park across the street at LA Fitness?

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

Last edited:
Another option would be C&C on Sat and then dim sun after in Chandler. Any takers?

Sounds good, how about if we start a new thread for Sunday's meet for more attention/participation?

Those of us on the west side can caravan; maybe meet up at Desert Ridge between 10am-10:30am?

If parking sucks at Lee Lee's, we can always park across the street at LA Fitness?

Just throwing ideas out there. :)

From your other post Peter, it looks like you are serious about FI. Personally I would go the turbo route since it seems like you want to play with the big boys (Corvettes, Vipers, etc).

Both the SOS Twin Turbo and SOS Supercharger are about the same price. Go down to SOS and chat with Chris and see which one best fits your needs.

APX has a really nice single turbo kit which is significantly less than the SOS SC & TT kit.

And by the way, if you have collector car insurance (hagerty, grundy, etc), your NSX is emissions exempt here in AZ. This might make which FI to go with easier. :biggrin:

And by the way, if you have collector car insurance (hagerty, grundy, etc), your NSX is emissions exempt here in AZ. This might make which FI to go with easier. :biggrin:

Although Grundy specifically asks if you have modified the engine from factory spec... might affect price or coverage from them

Back