• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

<New Owner> Dream comes true after 21 years!

Myself
As some of you might still remember my original post of "Dreaming for 21 years", I spotted the first NSX on the newspaper when I was a little kid back in 1991, always pick NSX as my favorite ride in games, never thought will own an NSX one day. I love cars and consider myself a car nerd in general. Since I can't afford many cars, my hobby is fooling around in the garage and visit dealership, check out new models and test driving cars. I had done some karting, autocrossing and tracking when I was still a college kid. Consider myself a long time lover, my primary ride is a brand new 03 Subaru Impreza RS, it was a gift from my family, it's my best buddy. I treat it the best with all maintenace on time, wash once a week, wax every 3 months. After 10 years 150k miles, my subie never had a single problem, very reliable and I never abuse it. Today, I still got some compliments like how come your car looks so new? I said,"Because I don't let ppl sit in my car except my wife.:biggrin:

Story
I have been lurking around the prime for quite a while, started to check out the posts ocassionally since 2009, have been tracking the price, read tons of buying guides, potential issues, maintenances etc. I started seriously looking for one since Fall 2011. I saw primer-dansplan's white NSX(a perfect one), white NSX is always my dream choice since it carries the best japanese car character. And time permited, I would have gotten his nsx. After that, I had checked many NSX, most of them are not primers, even a couple are original owners. Many red, black, blue, one white. And, I bugged MrHugo and Stran760 for selling me their white beauty, sorry! Then, this summer, thanks to primer-Gundan323 introduced his friend to me who planned to sell his NSX. This previous owner was such a nice kindly person that helped me to work out the transcation very smoothly,we did the ppi at Niguel Motors and checked the body aa body shop. He is the third owner and I am the fourth. He got it from an Acura dealer in a middle state which the first owner traded in his NSX there. And here we are:

1991 Sebring Silver NSX (the first 10xxth one) with 65k miles on it, everything original and work properly, clean, no mods, not snap ring range, no crack, no leak, no seep, extremely good condition, have been driven regulary, passed the smog just like that, and all maintenance up-to-date. Personally, any color looks good on the NSX, but I am extremely happy with this silver as it seems to be a bit more low key on the street which fit my goal on this NSX: Nice, Clean, Original, low key. I believe the silver helps to keep the NSX modern and last longer. (Look at the new NSX concept, it's sort of a silver too!:biggrin:) flamesuit on:tongue:.

Mods/Tuning
I really appreciate the one who created this car in 1991 and leave me a dream for 21 years. Therefore, I prefer to keep the car in OEM condition with the soul, dream and pride from those people. At the most, I might upgrade the wheels to 94+ and add the downforce type R wing if there is a chance.

Summary
Owned almost half year, everything is good. As a new owner, still feels like inside a dream. Due to a newborn, I can only spend minimal of time on it and keep it nice and clean. I bring him out every other week or once a week at possible. Hope one day I can meet other local owners in socal here, sorry folks, I had never showed up in the monthly meeting!
For the one who is seeking your one, keep going, hang in there, you will find the one that you want.

Shit, I wrote too much, time for pictures!!!

This shot was inspired by Newport Beach Mclaren when they shot their Aluminium MP4-12C
IMG_8146copy_zpsb7b2a5ef.jpg

PicsArt_1355503904317_zpsae0929cd.jpg

PicsArt_1355504673141_zps60b5301d.jpg

my subie and the nsx
PicsArt_1355502856444_zpsa64cce97.jpg

Last edited:
nice intro thread...welcome and best of luck.Sebring is a great color.

Congrats! Your almost like my twin lol. I have a sebring silver NSX and a black 02 Impreza 2.5 RS.

Very nice - looks like a gem - yes, 94+ wheels makes a big improvement! Congrats on the great purchase, and enjoy!

Hi,

Great write up and thanks for the great/helpful info to your love for our cars.
After waiting for such a long time to finally get a NSX I think you will be an owner for many years to come.
Congrats on your wonderful purchase and love her forever. She will do nothing but love you back.
(Do you find yourself going out to the garage just to stare at her when you have a spare second)? It's normal if you say yes........

Enjoy your car and the fun it will provide.

B/w,
Gene Greer

Back