• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in NC looking to meet other owners

Lud

Legendary Member
PrimeAdmin
I got this e-mail yesterday. I know there are several forum members from his area - drop him a note and welcome him aboard!

Subject: new nsx owner

just brought a 92 nsx a few weeks ago live in chapel hill and looking to meet other nsxers drop me a line will be going to vir feb for one day mostly sunday thanks jeff

Actually, how many known NSX's are there in the NC area? It seems the SE region of NSXCA is really just the Florida Club. It would be nice to have a get together of some NSX owners in the NC area. For any performance car social events, I've to hang out with the area Corvette clubs and end up feeling like an oddball with only only Japanese car.

Bill

I agree Bill. Jason and I were talking about a NC division of the NSXCA, but that is as far as we have taken it. How about everyone that frequents this board post a response here and see how many folks we are talking about. I am in High Point.

------------------
Gary Yates
1995 Red/Tan

Jason,

Yes that was me at Coastal Plains last weekend. I was quite pleased with my best run of 13.466 @ 105 mph--that with a stock (except for Bilstein shocks and K&N air filter) '92. Perfect conditions--the cool air that day really made a power difference and the sun heated up the track just enough for some grip.
The timing belt is being replaced at Stevenson Acura, but I didn't catch the name of the tech. I would bet it's Ken though...they always get excited when I bring the car in and assure me their best tech has got it.
So there's an event Feb 23-24 at VIR? Who's running that one? I was originally thinking of attending the NASA event at VIR the weekend before (Feb 16-17).

Bill

Bill, Very impressive for a stock car. That is some excellent driving. For what I hear a heavily modded Integra R (or civic w/a ITR)brought out that good driving!
wink.gif
I'll call Ken to see if he is indeed working on your car. Again he is a personal friend of mine and does all my work. He is very thourough. Actually it might already be done by now. Either way, from what I understood the NASA event at VIR required a NASA license. Gary Yates (NCDOGDOC) is going and I believe Jeff (JGall38227) is planning on going as well to the Speedtrial event. I wasn't planning on driving my car (we are gonna have our civic there either way) because of some future mods that are costing me, but If everyone is going on the 23rd I might have to do one day atleast. Talk to you guys soon.

------------------
Jason

Ooh, I was hoping that run against the Civic would be forgotten. I spun my tires for the first 60 ft on that run, and even when they finally bit, the rev limiter was saying shift to second dummy. Bad run for me, but that had to be the quickest Civic I've ever seen in person.

Well, hoping my car would be done today, but Stevenson called realizing they didn't have a water pump in stock. Should be done Tuesday, but I'm flying at night so it'll have to sit down in Wilmington until I can get down there.

It was my understanding that the NASA event requires only that you to be a NASA member ($40 or so solves that problem) for the general school. This event also included a licensing school, and some racing events.

BUT, it does seem as thought the Speedtrial event is the popular one, so you can count me in, especially if we get several NSX's up there. I'm just anxious to hit the track. I'm a track virgin---only autocross and 1/4 mile thus far.

Bill

Back