• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in Portland!

Sure, happy to swap, would be fun. :)

Ira, your car looks AMAZING! I am one of those people who generally has a feel for certain colors and that's it but HOLY COW that LBBP looks good after detailing! Congratulations sir!

Ira, your car looks AMAZING! I am one of those people who generally has a feel for certain colors and that's it but HOLY COW that LBBP looks good after detailing! Congratulations sir!

Thank you!!

Sure, happy to swap, would be fun. :)

I'm game. :)

I'm running out of things to do to the car. For the first time I now have a trunk that stays open all on it's own! *Word of wisdom, BUY NEW BALL STUDS don't try to re use the ones from the old struts*

New chin spoiler is on, no more scratches or scuffs. The random missing screw missing from the spoiler LED has been re applied and cap is on it's way from Japan!

After the alignment today... the car feels... like new :)

10517389_10101214480288758_2804196783477094797_o.jpg

You can see the drop better in this photo. To me, this is exactly what I wanted. Very subtle but enough to close the gap while upgrading the suspension.
10473465_10101214479924488_1757985063960406632_o.jpg

Last edited:
How much drop is it? SOS says .5". Need some more :) Not sure if the Type-S suspension is adjustable.

I am about an inch lower and feel like a little more would be good, like 1.5" or so. Coilovers are the way to go, but right now in the middle of the stereo project, so may have to wait till next year :)

How much drop is it? SOS says .5". Need some more :) Not sure if the Type-S suspension is adjustable.

I am about an inch lower and feel like a little more would be good, like 1.5" or so. Coilovers are the way to go, but right now in the middle of the stereo project, so may have to wait till next year :)

The Type S suspension is a tuned plug and play suspension, so no adjusting. It's more than a half inch, but it wouldn't go as far as saying it's an inch lower.

I'm envious of you and Jason, I want to go do something different with my stereo.

Last addition for the year? I always thought this was a cool idea and something that I believe has an "OEM" look. No cutting of OEM wiring required either which is nice. Barring finding another shift boot plate; it's completely reversible.

10559853_10101251036405008_3392746054618190672_n.jpg

10624600_10101251036449918_848334686663525119_n.jpg

10593206_10101251036370078_8491834102231804895_n.jpg

After a trek to Seattle and Acura of Lynwood, I had the big timing belt service done earlier this week. Excited to have all of the big stuff out of the way. Now it's time to start saving for toys :)

Mechanic Jon Lai did a great job

15558369624_55eebeb155_b.jpg

After a trek to Seattle and Acura of Lynwood, I had the big timing belt service done earlier this week. Excited to have all of the big stuff out of the way. Now it's time to start saving for toys :)

Mechanic Jon Lai did a great job

Can I ask what all you had done and what they charged? Debating whether to do this yet on my 2004.

Can I ask what all you had done and what they charged? Debating whether to do this yet on my 2004.

Here's a copy of the receipt. I was lucky they honored a previous promotion they ran on prime. If you'd like I can check and see if they can continue the promotion if anyone else would like to get their timing belts done.

View attachment 119508

Wow... that's a CHEAP price for water pump and timing belt at Acura of Lynnwood. I paid over $1200 for my RL (without tensioner).

My NSX is an 04, so I'm still leaning toward not doing it yet or else I would definitely have you get that price for me. I think I'm gonna wait at least a couple more years. Thanks for sharing though!

By the way, is that the timing belt tensioner you added on, or is it the accessory belt tensioner?

It is the timing belt tensioner.

IRA I passed you in my Estoril Blue E36 M3 last Saturday after leaving cars and coffee.

Here is one of my old NSXs; I'm usually at C&C with my E36 or AMG CLS (silver of course). There was a black 91-94 there on Saturday with what looks like my old custom RH wheels...I can't believe there would be more then a couple of these out there....would be funny if they were mine (I sold the car to a guy in Ark.):

midnightpearl1.jpg

Oh nice! I saw that NSX there and the wheels, I hadn't seen the car before and never got a chance to meet the owner but definitely looked like those wheels.

Time for a little update, in February I picked up a Downforce USA Type R wing spoiler brand new and had it painted berlina black.

And after a search seemingly before I even got the car, I picked up a set of OEM 02+ wheels! I've always loved the look, and... more or less stock.
[/IMG]

And the last piece missing was the darn window sticker that never seems to stick around with a used car. Amazing work from N Spec

Last edited:
Back