• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in Santa Cruz

I picked up a 2001 with 22K miles this week. I will probably be putting that many miles on it every year from now on!

Thanks to all the NSXPrime members for the great content and marketplace. It was the ultimate resource for doing the research and finding the car I wanted.

I do have one question for the Bay Area owners - is there a local supplier for the 3M clear bra material and folks to apply it? I've always been kind of a DIY guy, but I'm curious if you can recommend an applicator. My last car picked up a ton of rock chips from my commute and I don't want to subject this car to that problem too.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your '01 NSX - Great year to buy. I have a clear bra on my car and love it. The installer I used is Jeremy Gomez of Invisi-Guard, he uses 3M material. His number is 707.328.5865. I paid $600 for the front bumper, hood, mirrors, door edges and all four areas behind the wheels.

I would definitely recommend that you do the clear bra, regardless of whom you use. It protects the front end without changing the look and flapping around on the freeway. From 4' away you can't see it on the car. Most people do not see it until I point it out to them.

Good luck and post some pics of your car please.

Cairo94507 said:
Congratulations on your '01 NSX - Great year to buy. I have a clear bra on my car and love it. The installer I used is Jeremy Gomez of Invisi-Guard, he uses 3M material. His number is 707.328.5865. I paid $600 for the front bumper, hood, mirrors, door edges and all four areas behind the wheels.

I would definitely recommend that you do the clear bra, regardless of whom you use. It protects the front end without changing the look and flapping around on the freeway. From 4' away you can't see it on the car. Most people do not see it until I point it out to them.

Good luck and post some pics of your car please.

$600 is a very good price for PPF installation. The company that I use is Premier Mobile Aesthetics Group but I am not sure exactly how much he charges for an NSX. They usually work on alot of exotics like Ferrari's, Lambo's, Porsches, etc. and actually have wrapped entire vehicles.

I definitely would recommend using a "Qualified" installer and not "regardless of whom you use" as this could make your car look terrible if not installed properly.

Oh, welcome to the NSX community. Hope you can make the Marin Acura meet. See you there.

I never meant the "regardless of whom you use" to infer that anyone just buy the kit and try to do this themselves. I believe a trained installer is required to do this. I just wanted it to be clear that Jeremy is not the only person doing these. Aside from him doing my cars, I have no affiliation with him.

Cairo94507 said:
I never meant the "regardless of whom you use" to infer that anyone just buy the kit and try to do this themselves. I believe a trained installer is required to do this. I just wanted it to be clear that Jeremy is not the only person doing these. Aside from him doing my cars, I have no affiliation with him.

Not be be a pain but even professionals, if you can call them that, vary in their skills. Just because somebody opens a business and says they do clear paint protection films on cars, does not mean they can do a great job. It just means they get paid for doing it. And unless you have something to compare with, the customer doesn't really know what they are getting. I have seen various PPF kits that are done at the Mercedes dealerships that I do work at by Clear Armour and I have seen excellent jobs and some fair jobs. Because they have several installers working for this company, some installers are better than others and their workmanship shows.

Thanks for the references, I'm going to call a few of the transparent bra folks to get quotes. I also went through a lot of the service recommendations on the site since I want to have a few things checked while the car is still under warranty.

I haven't had a chance to go for a real joy ride or take any pictures yet! I have managed to put almost 1K miles in the last 9 days commuting. I even managed to get a cracked windshield today when I left the car parked in the sun for 2 hours. No rock chip, it just cracked while I was visiting a supplier in Hayward. I don't suppose I can claim that one as a warranty replacement.

A couple of comments:
- the car has water in the center tail light that I never noticed when I bought it. I crawled under the car to verify it hadn't been grounded, but missed that one!
- 1st & 2nd are really stiff and notchy until the transaxle is fully up to temp
- the brakes make a little grinding feel at slow stops, I figure that's a little road feedback and a little pad chatter too.
- it's a lot more fun to drive than my MR2 Spyder!

I'll get around to putting up a page for the car on my website. I do have some Concorso Italiano pictures that are up. I have to add a ton more.

http://www.glennwhite.com/Cars & Motorcycles & Planes/Concorso 2005/Concorso 2005.htm

Welcome to the community!
If your in SC and are going to use your new toy to commute over the hill on 17 we'll likely spot on another at some point. I live off HWY 9 in Felton/Ben Lomond drive mine everyday to Milpitas, 80 miles R.T.

Condensation in your tail light is a common issue, do a search "Tail Light or ' Condensation' and you'll find the solution.

rgds
Jim

You can't go wrong with Sam at Premier Mobile for the best high end work in the Bay Area. My 360, NSX, and my wife's cars have all been done by them. When my 430 arrives, they will be the first to work on it as well. email is [email protected]. I'm not sure how many people on this forum has used them. But they are extremely popular with the Ferrari and Porsche crowd. Hope this helps.

Hi there .I'm also in santa cruz.Congrats on your new car .If your into it there's an open track day @ Laguna this weekend.11th and 12th I think .Maybe even the 10th (sat).Ther should be a few nsx's there .Hrant and the Fearless leader for sure and I just saw that Andrie will be there .I just ran there yesterday with "greenflag" and had a blast .You should head down .I'ts only 45 min's.Bring an approved helmet (sa200 or better) and I'm sure one of us will take you for some hot laps. Hope you come down.Any questions feel free to mail me .Later DaveH

Back