• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner, looking for potential info on the car

I tell you what, it's the small things that make a big improvement. That said, you should invest in 02 up tail lamps. Huge improvement in looks especially if your doing the 02 valance. Beautiful car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's hard to say, really. Fortunately I'm a gearhead and on top of that I have a full shop at my disposal but I imagine the labor costs would not be cheap. As it stands the parts costs aren't even cheap, haha. I've already ordered replacement rack bushings and I'm trying to diagnose a front end vibration at 60+mph that seems to either be a slightly unbalanced tire or an alignment issue - but the tire seems more likely. As the rears are worn I'm replacing all four with Direzza Star Specs (the only extreme perf. summer they make in 215/40/17 and 275/35/18).

Getting the machine on our alignment rack is going to be a chore and I'm certain the front bumper needs to come off - which it did anyway, because you can push the passenger side bumper light in two inches by hand, so that needs to be repaired. I'm looking for replacements for the old interior lights that are maybe a little brighter and I would like to brighten up the dash a bit.

The TCS light will not turn off regardless of how many times I push the switch - in fact, the light on the switch doesn't even function. I know there are on board diagnostics you can run on the TCS system but I haven't had the time just yet.

Alot of the hoses on the car are in good condition and not dry. The weatherstrips on both doors need to be replaced as do some of the gaskets around the car. The engine seems to vibrate the car a little more than it should, but I feel like that could be dried up/worn out mounts.

All in all it seems like it will close to 2 or 3k in parts to get the car to the point I want it to before I start modifying it further. I want to replace the wing with one with a functioning third brake light (the previous owner removed it and painted the lens flat black with a rattle can) and do an 02 valence/NSXR diffuser on the car.

Doesn't sound too bad. Just think of what you will have when it's all fixed the right way! Good luck with your repairs and keep us posted on your progress!

So far the tires have been ordered and will be mounted today. The TCS light was actually the main underhood TCS and ABS fuse not being present whatsoever - that has been replaced and now both function perfectly.

Hopefully the new balanced/mounted tires will solve the vibration, but at the same time the front wheel bearings will be repacked and the rears checked to ensure nothing is wrong. The tie rods still have to be checked and the steering bushings will be installed as well. Hopefully I'll have the car finished tonight, so I can take it out to dinner, haha.

I'll probably start a build thread in the near future about the work I'm doing to it.

Update: The balancing did the trick. the last time tires were mounted weights were just added - not removed and then new weights put on the wheels, so one of them came off and caused a giant ruckus. Overall the car rides much more smoothly now and has noticeably greater grip, very, very fun to drive.

Back