• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner of a 91 black/black

New owner here, I've been in read only mode for months since joining the forum, researching like crazy. I've been searching intensively, watching various vehicles that I should have been more aggressive about come and go. After happening a number of times, I'd pretty much put my search on hold and figured I'd be content with my two current rides: an 02 RSX Type S (my daily driver) and my toy, a slightly modded 00 Miata. The thought of possibly having to fly somewhere to purchase an NSX wasn't sitting all that well either but I was ready to do so should the right car come along.

Last weekend a Miata buddy pointed out a local ad and as they say, the rest is history. The NSX is a 91 w/ 35K miles, owned by a forum member (caz-nsx) who took incredible care of it. It's tastefully modded, needs nothing done to it and has had all the quirks of a 91 taken care of. John, I've gotta say thanks, you took meticulous care of this car and it shows.

I picked it up today and have received nothing but compliments on its looks, on its mods, what impressive condition it's in for a 16 year old car, etc. As with other NSX owners, I can't get the grin off my face! My RSX is fun to drive, my Miata is an absolute blast to drive, but this car is just unbelievable!

Hope to hook up with forum members at local meets and if you see a black 91 tooling around central Mass. with a driver grinning from ear to ear, that's me. Again, my sincere thanks to John for taking such excellent care of this car. John, I promise to try to live up to your high standards of care.

No pics yet other than the one taken in caz's driveway (still has his plates on it). And one of my other toy.

Attachments

• CAZ-NSX_small.jpg
    CAZ-NSX_small.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 376
  • MiataTopDownRear_small.jpg
    MiataTopDownRear_small.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 146
very nice and welcome. check the northeast forum i know you are coming to the may 20th meet right?:wink: go ahead and put your vote in.

i just got mines a month ago, and I know how you feel about that big smile on your face when you drive it. My heart skips a beat when i drive mines. Nice nsx!!

Congrats! The car looks awesome...enjoy.

Congrats. You have the perfect wheels...they're just like mine. :biggrin:

Thanks, all. I drove it in to work today for the first time and have spent much of the day wearing a path from my office out to the parking lot to show it off. Also took it down for state inspection to my dealer (Acura of Auburn) where I've had my previous Integra and my current RSX serviced - they were incredibly impressed with this car's condition.

Let's see if I can remember all the mods: Comptech headers and intake, Anytime Racing exhaust, Type S suspension, slotted rotors, 02 calipers, 02 wheels, carbon fibre/lexan engine cover, others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

Dom,

I just saw this thread. I'm sure you will take great care of the car. I have missed it since you drove it down the street. Now I can spend some time trying out new cars and looking for a replacement.

Have fun with it and make sure to keep the revs high.

John

Some add'l pics. Finally was able to get two of the three cars clean at the same time. :smile: The RSX-S is in the street.

Attachments

• DSCN2215_l.jpg
    DSCN2215_l.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 109
  • DSCN2212_l.jpg
    DSCN2212_l.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCN2211_l.jpg
    DSCN2211_l.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 92
Back