• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new owner silver NSX T 99

hello folks i just bought a silver nsxt 99 manual with 5k

im the second owner... i need some help on doing some preventative maintenance on it since it was sitting in a garage for the past 20 years

Congrats. Man there are so many low mileage NSXs showing up now.

If you are not looking to DIY, it would help to let us know your location. Then you can get the help you need.

Silver NSX-T 99

Congrats. Man there are so many low mileage NSXs showing up now.

If you are not looking to DIY, it would help to let us know your location. Then you can get the help you need.

im in Maryland.. I was thinking about taking it to daisy import shop? Anyone know?

im in Maryland.. I was thinking about taking it to daisy import shop? Anyone know?

Yes if you are in MD then definitely go see Ben at Daisy Import. He will get you sorted, but after sitting for 20years DON'T be surprised if the amount of work he suggests is staggering, these cars are not meant to sit that long. Every owner is different but I can easily rattle off enough maintenance items I would take care of after 20 years that can quickly get into $10k+ of work.

Silver NSX-T 99

Yes if you are in MD then definitely go see Ben at Daisy Import. He will get you sorted, but after sitting for 20years DON'T be surprised if the amount of work he suggests is staggering, these cars are not meant to sit that long. Every owner is different but I can easily rattle off enough maintenance items I would take care of after 20 years that can quickly get into $10k+ of work.

I was thinking timing belt water pump and all fluids and an oil change .. this would cost me 10k?

I was thinking timing belt water pump and all fluids and an oil change .. this would cost me 10k?

No, TB/WP, fluids and oil will probably get you close to $3k, but you will probably want to do all of the coolant hoses, the updated LMA, full brake overhaul, pretty much any rubber piece, possibly a radiator, new brake master cylinder, new master and slave clutch cylinders, but I digress that all may be over dramatic.

Understood

No, TB/WP, fluids and oil will probably get you close to $3k, but you will probably want to do all of the coolant hoses, the updated LMA, full brake overhaul, pretty much any rubber piece, possibly a radiator, new brake master cylinder, new master and slave clutch cylinders, but I digress that all may be over dramatic.

yeah I am only doing the timing belt water pump an fluid change..

I think all the other stuff might be over kill.. the car was in a bubble for last 20 years..

everything looked new ... but because of the age.. I will do the most important maintenance which is the timing belt and coolant flush and thermostat ...

yeah I am only doing the timing belt water pump an fluid change..

I think all the other stuff might be over kill.. the car was in a bubble for last 20 years..

everything looked new ... but because of the age.. I will do the most important maintenance which is the timing belt and coolant flush and thermostat ...

Since you’re flushing the coolant anyways I would highly recommend doing the coolant hoses for piece of mind. Won’t add too much more cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For and additional $3 to 400 I would STRONGLY recommend a new radiator. I'm looking at 5 figures because mine dumped all the coolant and warped the heads AND the block. With the engine behind you and when your looking for cops you won't notice the temp gauge.

For and additional $3 to 400 I would STRONGLY recommend a new radiator. I'm looking at 5 figures because mine dumped all the coolant and warped the heads AND the block. With the engine behind you and when your looking for cops you won't notice the temp gauge.

hmm understood.. i wonder how many miles you had on your car? Did this happen immediately right after coolant was dumped?

Last edited:
222,500 +/-. The likely real concern is time. 2020 has been a bad year for me and plastic. I -- just for the hell of it -- also ride a 1972 Peugeot UO8 10 speed bike -- with a derailleur made partially of plastic. It give me fits, but I did make it work.

Both my car and my bike are icons. HP sports cars prior to the NSX were crap. The NSX changed all that
Bicycles in the US were heavy and unimaginative prior to the UO8. It was a cheap bike when it was new, but changed all that.

The NSX radiator is partially made of plastic -- and that is the part that failed.

Before I knew that my engine was toast, I replaced it with an Koyorad aluminium radiator that was $315 delivered to my door.

I don't know how far I traveled after the radiator dumped because -- I don't know when it dumped. However it couldn't have been more than 10 miles since I arrived at my destination.

Use this information as you see fit.

222,500 +/-. The likely real concern is time. 2020 has been a bad year for me and plastic. I -- just for the hell of it -- also ride a 1972 Peugeot UO8 10 speed bike -- with a derailleur made partially of plastic. It give me fits, but I did make it work.

Both my car and my bike are icons. HP sports cars prior to the NSX were crap. The NSX changed all that
Bicycles in the US were heavy and unimaginative prior to the UO8. It was a cheap bike when it was new, but changed all that.

The NSX radiator is partially made of plastic -- and that is the part that failed.

Before I knew that my engine was toast, I replaced it with an Koyorad aluminium radiator that was $315 delivered to my door.

I don't know how far I traveled after the radiator dumped because -- I don't know when it dumped. However it couldn't have been more than 10 miles since I arrived at my destination.

Use this information as you see fit.

understood ;) thanks for the info..

Hey Jae,

It was great meeting you at Ben's shop the other day. You are in good hands with Ben, Cliff and Carl. the DMV NSX owners are pretty active on FB if you are interested in joining let me know!

Back