• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner. Think I got an amazing deal.

Hi everyone, I'll start off by saying I'm 33 and that I've wanted an nsx since I was 9 and finally bought one 2 days ago.

Over the last decade I've test drove 5 and looked at 6 total for sale. I finally got sick of the increasing price of these so I decided it needs to be now or possibly never. I'm not a wealthy man so I had to cross most of my preferences off of my wish list. For example I wanted silver with black interior 3.2 liter 6 speed but that wasn't happening with a $40k budget. Not even close.

I had to settle for my least favorite color which is red with tan interior (no offense to anyone who enjoys this combo-I just think tan leather shows more wear quicker than black and that the car demands enough attention by itself without it needing to be red too). I also had to settle for a car with much higher mileage than I wanted (150k) and here's a big one- it wasn't all original- the car has a hideous huge wing, (already took it off and ordered a oem one) an aftermarket hood, front bumper, exhaust, and side skirts. (I kind of like the side skirts and don't mind the hood so much but my preference was an unmolested garage queen) also it has been repainted. However it hadn't seemed to be in any collisions, at least none of significance.

But there's a silver lining to all this- because it's not my idea of perfect means I get to actually enjoy it! It won't be sacreligious for me to change the color because it's not factory paint, it already has 150k miles so I'm not scared to put some more like I would be if I had invested in a garage queen. But most importantly- I GOT A PRETTY CLEAN NSX-T WITH A CLEAN TITLE FOR $30,000!!! A dream come true for me!

Now for some more cons- I have to do a timing belt very soon, the temp guage isn't reading correctly (stays all the way cold mostly, I'm thinking thermostat stuck open or temp sensor is bad) but it still has heat. Some leds are out on the right side of the climate control, SRS light is on (maybe seatbelt switch?), Windows roll up very slowly, oh and I heard the abs squealing for a few seconds as I left my driveway (I'm going to try to engage the abs by being aggressive on the brakes tomorrow and see if that clears it out) the back window lever/knob is missing so I have to use pliers to open it until I can get the correct oem knob. The drivers speaker sounds like crap and the drivers seat is pretty worn I need to redo the oil pan seal (okay to just use Hondabond?)

Anyway, overall I feel like a got a steal not a deal. This may just be the cheapest clean title targa and maybe the last for this price with the way this market is climbing so fast I'm extremely excited to own this car and look forward to being a part of this community.

Back