• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner (well ... kinda)

Hey guys,

I've been around for a little while but was never really active here, besides selling a few parts, but want to get more active in the community. I've been stationed in Japan for the last 2.5 years and caught the NSX bug about a year ago. A friend an I had rented a R34 GT-R in Tokyo and drove to the Fuji area to rent an NSX from http://www.fun2drive.co.jp. I completely fell in love. It made the R34 feel like a real bore. Anyways, a few months later a friend, Sicarius82, mentioned that he was selling his. So I jumped on a plane, flew 8,000 miles and picked his up in SF. Fortunately I was still on Japan time, so I started the 16(?) hour drive home to Phoenix shortly after (10 pm) and drove straight through. A new NSX does a good job at keeping an otherwise miserable drive quite entertaining.

While on leave, I managed to put about 1000 miles into it and install a set of Ohlins, a GT105, and test pipes on it, with some much needed assistance. It was a blast to drive. It was definitely a sausage magnet though, which was pretty funny. It seemed that every 20-something guy in a Honda wanted to race. Anyway, I've been away from it for about 9 months now. Fortunately, my brother has been taking care of it and doing a few minor things to get it closer to where I wanted it. I've just been stock piling parts out here in Japan for when I finally get back. Only 3 more months to go...

Anyway, since this is an introduction thread, I added a picture of me and one of my personal favorite pictures of my NSX.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 10897786_10155574056795694_2783099563075539930_n.jpg
    10897786_10155574056795694_2783099563075539930_n.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 323
  • 11102762_10155427185555694_8231649052464776829_n.jpg
    11102762_10155427185555694_8231649052464776829_n.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:
So that is where that car went. Welcome aboard, you have a very nice ride.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm trying to collect all the parts for the Route KS NSX-R kit and a set of AVS Model 5s for it. It's a small community. I didn't know that people would recognize the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Army, actually. I'm in Okinawa, as if the username didn't give it away. There's not a lot of Navy out here. They're more on mainland Japan.

Last edited:
Yup! I was Navy (but also Airborne-Benning) and visited Kadena during the late 80s
Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm trying to collect all the parts for the Route KS NSX-R kit and a set of AVS Model 5s for it. It's a small community. I didn't know that people would recognize the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Army, actually. I'm in Okinawa, as if the username didn't give it away. There's not a lot of Navy out here. They're more on mainland Japan.

Yup! I was Navy (but also Airborne-Benning) and visited Kadena during the late 80s

You were Airborne, but in the Navy? What job were you doing? I haven't heard of anyone other than SEALs being Airborne. I'm going to Captain's Career Course at Ft. Lee, VA for six months next. I hope to get into a Military Transition Team and do Airborne afterwards. A Military Transition Team basically trains foreign a foreign military so that they can stand on their own feet and the US can transition the fighting to them. I've grown quite tired of the logistics realm and have been craving something significantly more high-speed.

Last edited:
You were Airborne, but in the Navy? What job were you doing? I haven't heard of anyone other than SEALs being Airborne. I'm going to Captain's Career Course at Ft. Lee, VA for six months next. I hope to get into a Military Transition Team and do Airborne afterwards. A Military Transition Team basically trains foreign a foreign military so that they can stand on their own feet and the US can transition the fighting to them. I've grown quite tired of the logistics realm and have been craving something significantly more high-speed.
I was a Midshipman and was headed towards what is now called Special Ops (but decided to make a career in aviation, F-14s). I made extra jumps with USMC ANGLICO (Google it). Your Logistics background with some of the additional training you crave should make a pretty good career path.

Back