• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Product! Any Interest....

Ok guys, sorry to keep you waiting for the latest pics so here is what I have to offer for the time being, until I have a production sample in hand..

This is just a photoshop rendering, of black anodize finish (or at least close to it) with a Laser-Etched NSX logo. I tried to keep the design simple and clean, while holding tight to the shape of the body. If you were to purchase one of these cooling panels in ANODIZED finish, we can do the laser-etch logo. If you opt for a silver aluminum finish, we can't laser-etch it we'll have to put on one of our laser-etched emblems instead (the laser etch needs a color background to show up).

** Note, the rendering is not 100% to scale, so the image is not as clear and defined as I would like it to have been (but at least you can get the general idea of our product design). Enjoy!

SCW Performance NSX GT Radiator Cooling Panel (Rendering)

NSXCPPSS.jpg

Last edited:
sign me up

I have a comment; you can take it or leave it. I like the SCW Performance logo just fine, but the NSX logo is kind of lame. We all know its a NSX and I feel that the extra advertisement is kind of douchey. I may be alone on this one.

The NSX logo was requested by several members to me as an option. The NSX logo is not "included" with every cooling panel, its a small fee to include it but I wanted those particularly interested in adding the NSX logo to see the placement and finish.

For those who wish not to have the NSX logo, we will put one of our emblems there in that location. There will be no charge for our emblem, only for the additional laser-etched NSX logo.

When I open the official purchase thread, I will outline the finishes & options such as:
- Silver Aluminum Finish - with emblem
- Black Anodized Finish - with emblem
- Black Anodized Finish - with laser etch NSX logo
- Red Anodized Finish - with emblem
- Red Anodized Finish - with laser etch NSX logo
.... and so forth (with all of the finishes we will offer).

NSXCPPSEMB.jpg

Last edited:
Hmph...I thought it would cover more of the radiator. There are some fairly significant gaps on the extreme right and left where the radiator stays are located.

Is it just going to basically be the photoshopped picture above? Just a flat panel?

No, it's actually not flat. There is a critical bend just before the panel reaches the radiator, however that is not visible in our photoshop image. The image is meant to serve as a basic layout of the coverage on our panel.

As for the extreme far right and left corners, there is no need to extend the panel any further since the radiator does not receive any flow from those areas, but since we have not actually produced this item yet, we could change the ends and extend them if needed. Anything past the radiator bracket is not going to benefit much I don't think, also worth mentioning since our photoshop rendering seems "flat" you can't see that the forward portion actually tucks underneath the bumper. It's a really nice design in person, stay tuned for the first production pics hopefully within the week.

No, it's actually not flat. There is a critical bend just before the panel reaches the radiator, however that is not visible in our photoshop image. The image is meant to serve as a basic layout of the coverage on our panel.

As for the extreme far right and left corners, there is no need to extend the panel any further since the radiator does not receive any flow from those areas, but since we have not actually produced this item yet, we could change the ends and extend them if needed. Anything past the radiator bracket is not going to benefit much I don't think, also worth mentioning since our photoshop rendering seems "flat" you can't see that the forward portion actually tucks underneath the bumper. It's a really nice design in person, stay tuned for the first production pics hopefully within the week.

Sounds good. I think Ponyboy is referring to also that it's a good looking item and that for it to look even better it might look more uniformed if it covers more. But I could be mistaking what he's saying.

Ok guys, sorry to keep you waiting for the latest pics so here is what I have to offer for the time being, until I have a production sample in hand..

This is just a photoshop rendering, of black anodize finish (or at least close to it) with a Laser-Etched NSX logo. I tried to keep the design simple and clean, while holding tight to the shape of the body. If you were to purchase one of these cooling panels in ANODIZED finish, we can do the laser-etch logo. If you opt for a silver aluminum finish, we can't laser-etch it we'll have to put on one of our laser-etched emblems instead (the laser etch needs a color background to show up).

** Note, the rendering is not 100% to scale, so the image is not as clear and defined as I would like it to have been (but at least you can get the general idea of our product design). Enjoy!

SCW Performance NSX GT Radiator Cooling Panel (Rendering)

NSXCPPSS.jpg
Do you have the dimensions? I have a ducted hood and from the pictures it looks to long and will block the vent on the hood.

Correct me if I am wrong as I am mostly going from memory and don't have a NSX infront of me right now, but does the NSX not already have ducting from the factory that seals off the airflow from the areas you say your product would???

It has some from the factory yes. You can leave that in or remove it, it's up to you.
The s2000 has some from the factory, yet more than half of those guys run cooling panels in conjunction. They add a nice touch to the under hood area.

some of the body kit /aero bumpers for the NSX may require removal of the factory ducting to fit on the car properly, our cooling panel should work with every body kit that I've seen so far, so for those guys a + for sure.

Last edited:
any idea when this product might be ready?

Depending on finish time for anodizing / powdercoating / etching etc.. I'd say they can be ready as early as next week. We are currently awaiting the first sample for testing.

Sounds good. I think Ponyboy is referring to also that it's a good looking item and that for it to look even better it might look more uniformed if it covers more. But I could be mistaking what he's saying.

Correct. If it covered the entirety (end to end) of the radiator area, it'd reduce the appearance of various parts and enhance the "fit and finish" of the cover. Albeit in cf, here's a good one for the s2k:

2406_6_L[1].jpg

Back