• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New qualifying rules for Lime Rock

What do you guys think of this? Sounds kind of lengthy and unnecessary to me. Seems like they are trying to make it more entertaining to increase viewership for qualifying.

I don't like it. Increases chances of an accident or DNF to top drivers before the actual race even begins. As we all know, it only takes one unfortunate DNF to knock you out of championship contention.

http://www.speedvisionwc.com/news/02press29.html

Does anyone else qualify this way?

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 11 April 2002).]

[This message has been edited by ilya (edited 11 April 2002).]

The Touring Car qualifier race is standard procedure at almost any local oval track. The top guys get in on time without having to run the qualifier. Everyone else gets a few race laps even if they don't make the main event.

Single qualifying for GT cars has been done at Daytona for the 24 Hour race. I think they only did it for a year or two and now use normal 20-30 minute qualifying sessions. NASCAR does single car qualifying at Watkins Glen and Sears Point. I don't think there's anything wrong with it... just a different style.

Back