Acura wins Lime Rock ALMS!

Congrats to our local Northeast Acura ALMS team, Highcroft Racing. Highcroft not only took the pole but also an overall win in dramatic fashion. The race will be shown on Speed tomorrow, Sunday 7/13. Check out the new Lime Rock layout and see an American driver win an ALMS race for the first time in 3 years.

And thanks to Acura for sponsoring the NSXCA and providing us with a hospitality tent and catering for two days, NSX only corral parking, parade laps and a bird's eye view of the action to witness a great achievement by Acura to win and show up Audi and the Penske Porsches.

"David Brabham did it again. Another late-race pass meant victory in the American Le Mans Series, this time a historic first overall victory for Acura and Patrón Highcroft Racing. Brabham passed Penske Racing's Timo Bernhard with 90 seconds left Saturday to win the American Le Mans Northeast Grand Prix with Scott Sharp.

Brabham and Bernhard ran 1-2 for the last 50 minutes of the race, one that saw Brabham qualify on the overall pole position. The Patrón Highcroft Acura ran the final 1:26 on one tank of fuel and set of Michelin tires and coasted to the finish line in an attempt to save precious drops of fuel.

Brabham won overall for the first time since 2002 in Washington DC with Panoz, and Sharp won an overall race for the first time and the first American to win an overall series race since Butch Leitzinger in 2005. The pairing also won in class at Long Beach earlier this year. The victory came on Patrón Highcroft's home track with its headquarters 50 miles from the track in Danbury, Conn. "

330036185_q96hm-XL.jpg

Last edited:
I like their sponsor, Patron! :wink::biggrin:

Amazing Pics Robert!!

I am going to celebrate by opening a bottle of Patron!!

One of my patients is on the pit crew for the Audi TDI team. He predicted the Acura team winning....they've been coming on strong and that track is too tight for the big Audi.

Has anyone tried Patron Platinum??

And there are four Acura cars/teams?

Great results for Acura! Was there an NSX corral, and was it well attended?

yes I think we had 38 cars.The hosp tent was well stocked with beverage/we had a nice buffet,ect. Lcd tv with live feeds.

Great photos, Robert, thank you. You are getting me tuned up for Mid-Ohio this weekend!
Lime Rock's track looks really interesting and fun to drive.

Is this the same Acura that will be running the Le Mans 24hr race in 2009? There was much talk this year that they would be in attendance. If it is the same then it bodes well for a good showing in the race.

I wonder if this, and a few more podiums/wins will be a springboard for the new Acura sports car to have a successful launch?

regards, Paul

I applaud your enthusiasm. But you posted this THE DAY BEFORE IT WAS TO AIR ON TV. Those of us that watched the broadcast, or like me, have DVR'd it don't necessarily want to know who won.

Please, put a non-committal title and notice a that there's a spoiler inside. I saw the title just now, and I've only watched about the first third of the race on my DVR, but I know who won. :mad:

I applaud your enthusiasm. But you posted this THE DAY BEFORE IT WAS TO AIR ON TV. Those of us that watched the broadcast, or like me, have DVR'd it don't necessarily want to know who won.

Please, put a non-committal title and notice a that there's a spoiler inside. I saw the title just now, and I've only watched about the first third of the race on my DVR, but I know who won. :mad:

I can sympathize I have been boinked more than a few times with F1 results,because I also never watch when it happens.I will make sure RSO does hard time along with some H2O boarding:eek::wink:

I will make sure RSO does hard time along with some H2O boarding:eek::wink:

You're so sexy when you're theatening.........

Sorry about the spoiler. I figured anyone who was interested knew they won and all others might become interested in watching and supporting the Acura teams if they saw the title.

At least I didn't mention that Tony Soprano gets whacked in the last episode.

Oops, I did it again..........

Re: News flash: Shoe String Racing partners with Patron

Yes, the marketing program at Highcroft has really been taken to another level with the Patron sponsorship.

330564265_JBKcD-XL.jpg
Patron; I love that stuff. Hmmmmm, this crew doesn't look anything like my tire changing crew. :redface: Time to put a Patron sticker on my sidepods. :wink:

I think I'll be watching way more ALMS and lots less other stuff.

Back