• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New tires/wheels on my red 96 T

Been looking for the right 5-spoke for awhile now. Got these last week. (thanks hijacker)

Before:

BhdTd.jpg

U0RUP.jpg

After:

JSC11.jpg

Tw72s.jpg

... and just in time for some nice cool targa top weather down here :biggrin:

Like the old ones, Little spoke 5 spokes show too much tiny factory brakes:rolleyes:

both setups are beautiful, but as someone stated, the less busy the wheels are the more the brakes get attention; and do look small compared to the wheels.

btw. you detail your car amazing. the paint looks killer!

Huge improvement. Anyone looking thru a shiny, large wheel at the smaller, darker brake behind it can't see the forest for the trees.
Oh, and any more spokes than 5 is just window dressing, imo.

both setups are beautiful, but as someone stated, the less busy the wheels are the more the brakes get attention; and do look small compared to the wheels.

Agree both are gorgeous. The first setup is awesome but is a little busy. But the dish was sick and i love that style. But the new wheels look nice and clean.

Either way car looks AMAZING. Your paint is so nice and the car shines great.

Thank you! Except for the bumpers (obviously), the paint is 100% original.

My secret is to detail it, apply plenty of wax, then cover it up. Its not my DD :)

It only sees about 100 miles per year and only on nice weather days.

It only sees about 100 miles per year and only on nice weather days.

100 miles per year?!?! :eek: Now that is a garage queen! I don't know how you do... that's like having a Victoria Secrets model as a girlfriend and only being able to make love to her once a year. Get out and drive her! :biggrin:

Nice car though... you definitely take care of her! :smile:

100 miles per year?!?! :eek: Now that is a garage queen! I don't know how you do... that's like having a Victoria Secrets model as a girlfriend and only being able to make love to her once a year. Get out and drive her! :biggrin:

Nice car though... you definitely take care of her! :smile:

I've gotten to the age where it's just too uncomfortable to drive daily but my love for these cars will never die, so I garage her. When the weather is nice I take her out for a spin for a few days.

Dave, you need to keep both sets because they are equally nice...

Back