• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New (to me) 2000 Yellow/Onyx NSX-T

My search finally came to fruition today. After several years of on and off looking I finally pulled the trigger on a 2000 Yellow/Onyx today. My youngest son and I flew out to Phoenix to do a final inspection this morning. Everything checked out and we started the trip back to DFW today. So far, the car has been fantastic. The first tank of fuel returned over 28mpg on the highway with the cruise mostly set on 80mph. Everything I've read on Prime here about being a people magnet is true. Every stop we've been getting compliments, questions, people wanting to take their picture with it, etc. We're stopped in Las Cruces, NM for the night and will start out again in the morning for the last part of the trip to DFW.

This car is awesome; just like I knew it would be.

:smile:

Congrats! It really is nice when its everything you dreamed it would be!

Welcome to the community, you'll like it here :smile:

Nice. Was that one from Scottsdale? I think I saw it for sale as well.

I just picked up an 01 in the spa yellow. It is on it way from Chicago as we speak!

Yellow is the best.

Ha I looked at buying that yellow one as well and ended up striking a deal on an 00 Silverstone in SC, it's on the transport from there now, turns out it was a lot cheaper for me to just have it shipped than drive it back to TX...

Congrats!

I do not recall seeing a yellow 00 in Scottsdale on Autotrader or craigslist, unless you're talking about this one that we all thought was a scam. Details please!

thats great, the lurkers and new guys looking for their first NSX will never know till they own one

the tons of people every where you go, little kids,

but sadly always attracts dudes LOL

every so often a hot chick will say

" is your car faster than mine ( bmw )"

I say naa but your prob faster than me. they never get it.

what does your son think of the car? all smiles I bet.

It was this one located in Scottsdale:

http://www.arizonaautogroup.com/web/used/Acura-NSX-T-Open-Top-2000-Scottsdale-Arizona/3392184/

I can't even begin to account for the hours and days of early mornings/late nights spent scouring autotrader, craigslist, ebay, etc. just to try and turn up one I hadn't seen before.

We finally made it home to DFW about 730 this evening. Car performed flawlessly the entire way. I ran through an entire tank of gas in West Texas with the cruise set on 90. When I filled up the math worked out to about 27mpg, amazing! Coolant temp and oil pressure both rock solid the entire trip even when I pushed the car hard. Didn't burn any measurable amount of oil in over 1000 miles of fast running through 100+ degree desert heat. It literally feels almost like a brand new car.

It's covered in bug splats and road grime from the trip right now. It will need a serious detailing. The only problem I noticed during the entire trip was a wind noise (more of a sharp whistle) from somewhere around the RH side of the targa top and/or window at speeds above about 85mph, especially when driving in a stiff crosswind or in the turbulent air around the tail end of a semitruck. I suspect it's just one or more of the rubber seals not quite seating correctly, but does anyone have any ideas?

My son had an "ear to ear" smile the entire trip. I think he's even more in love with the car than I am. He's already counting down the time until he's old enough to drive it.

Thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and assistance during my lengthy search.

Patrick

Congrats cb and welcome to the Prime family...yellow is my 2nd favorite color!

Welcome to Yellow Fever! Looking forward to seeing it at C&C Dallas if
you get to make it. Congrats, you're going to enjoy it more & more!
Enjoy!:biggrin:

How did you come across this car? Was it listed on another site? I wonder if it's the same one that is mentioned here for $39k (if so, it looks like they slapped the chromies back on). Also, there's some history on your car in the Wiki.

The asking price is rather high considering the mileage IMO, but I assume you got a better deal. Congrats again!

Last edited:
Congrats, post those post detail pics so we can salivate. Welcome and congrats

Quick heads up:

Another Spa Yellow ('99) headed from Phoenix to Dallas this weekend.

Got relocated from Dallas to Phoenix in 2004. Now getting relocated back to Dallas. :D

welcome to the club. how long have you wanted the car?

and who had the bigger smile you or your son? age?

anyway I look forward to handing the keys to mine when he turns 16
in 14.5 years LOL

congrats and Yellow is a great color.

Back