• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nissan Dealers busted drag racing customer GTRs

Wow! Unreal...I wonder if the Nissan dealership did lose their rights to sell GTR's after this? The thread didn't state whether or not Nissan North America took any action...

Still its a monster truck!

According to the thread, yes it was Rosen. Ironic considering Saul Rosen is the Nissan National Dealer Advisory Board chairman. Or should I say was...

Apparently, one of the men dragging one of the cars is (or was) the General Manager.

Amazing! I can only imagine the BS that they would have given to the two owners of the cars why there were so many miles on the cars at delivery.

I had a student at Mid Ohio who had a new Audi R8 with 400 miles. He runs a car location/broker company and the car had a deposit put on it so he wanted to take it to the track before he said goodbye. Wonder if the new owner was informed of the weekend at the track?

lol smooth move!

i guess they have alot of time to goof around in those cars since they dont sell at 30k over msrp:wink:

and the jackass in the r8 at mid ohio:mad: i would never pay over msrp for a performance car with over 10 miles on it and those r8s are going for $$$$$$

Ethics?

The owner of the dealership, Saul Rosen, is the Nissan National Dealer Advisory Board chairman!!!!

Although I'm with you guys that its not cool to be racing a customer's car... who has actually verified these are already paid for by anyone??? If these are unsold vehicles I don't see what the ruckus is about... it's dealership property they can do as they feel like with their vehicles.... although putting more miles on a new vehicle seems like a dumb move IMO. I'm not sure what is the current status with the GTR sales... do they still have people on a wait list to get these (implying all imported GTRs are already paid for) or are there already some out there just sitting at dealer lots?

Last edited:
Although I'm with you guys that its not cool to be racing a customer's car... who has actually verified these are already paid for by anyone??? If these are unsold vehicles I don't see what the ruckus is about... it's dealership property they can do as they feel like with their vehicles.... although putting more miles on a new vehicle seems like a dumb move IMO. I'm not sure what is the current status with the GTR sales... do they still have people on a wait list to get these (implying all imported GTRs are already paid for) or are there already some out there just sitting at dealer lots?

Current status is that Nissan is raising the price by $8k to anyone that doesn't have an order in already. These ARE sold cars. Even if they were NOT, who wants to buy one now? Can you say "break in period"??

I'm not sure what is the current status with the GTR sales... do they still have people on a wait list to get these (implying all imported GTRs are already paid for) or are there already some out there just sitting at dealer lots?

1,052 have been sold thru the end of September (in the US) and I believe sold means retail customer delivery. If eBay is any indicator of demand, the resale premium is now $5-10k. In a month or two, when another 1000 GT-R's come stateside, you will be able to buy one at MSRP.

FWIW, don't bother following this thread at the other sites, It's a bust. Nobody did anything wrong, the guy racing the cars owned them and has posted pics to prove as much. All the claims about the dealership and who the individual is in the picture at the strip were wrong.

FWIW, don't bother following this thread at the other sites, It's a bust. Nobody did anything wrong, the guy racing the cars owned them and has posted pics to prove as much. All the claims about the dealership and who the individual is in the picture at the strip were wrong.

Well now it's just not interesting anymore :biggrin:

Back