• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No, I don't want to race.

I drive the NSX to work at least once a week.

Several times now I have been near or next to a TESLA that just has to show me how quick he is off the line.

Yes they are quick. BFD.

The desire to street race seems to be rooted in insecurity--being confident enough in oneself and one's vehicle to not need to show off to prove it to anyone else is a wonderful thing.

The desire to street race seems to be rooted in insecurity--being confident enough in oneself and one's vehicle to not need to show off to prove it to anyone else is a wonderful thing.

Agreed...I say "need to show/prove something abut your car". When I had a Trans Am, I felt compelled, as my vehicles became more expensive I felt less compelled.

Agreed...I say "need to show/prove something abut your car". When I had a Trans Am, I felt compelled, as my vehicles became more expensive I felt less compelled.

Or as you become older and more mature. I think it's been at least 20yrs since I did a stupid street race.

My "speed racer" self diminished after I started going to the track. It has to be 10+ years since I've even thought about racing from a stop light.

Now the only time I speed is because I want to get to the track quicker.

For one, I don't trust any other driver and a TESLA is pretty quick so it would probably beat me or wreck me (with my luck!).

Second, I have a simulator for "racing" and I even get to pick the track and car.

Currently an ENZO at Willow Springs. (go for the gusto!)

Racing on public streets to me is quite silly at best and dangerous at worst. The tesla driver probably doesn't get track time so they want the exhilaration on the streets.

I really enjoyed my Miata when I had it because it felt fast and no one ever tried to "prove" anything to you.

I guess that's just part of the supercar ownership lifestyle: learning how to behave yourself in public!

I'm tempted all the time....self restraint is always a work in progress...

I’ve been driving increasingly quick cars for decades. I’ve come to appreciate what 1500hp can do in the street and he quickly things can and do get out of control. I’ve learned a ton of patience and control over the years. Probably helps I used to ride liter bikes as well.

Not saying your average Joe can even comprehend an 8 or 9 second 1/4 or quicker car or 0-100 In less than 4 seconds on the street, but the “average” Tesla performance model now runs low 9’s and I’m sure this will prove to be disastrous for some.

I know I’ll be steering clear of plaids this summer and once the plaid plus get delivered will exercise some constraint.

Back