• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

noble m400

Just wondering what you guys think of noble M400. I'm interested of buying one but don't know if it passes CA emission test. Where do these cars go for service anyway?

The gentlemen I purchased my NSX from was building one. I can pass his name and contact info to you, if you are interested.

I have looked at possibly getting one as all driving tests are very positive and these are very fast.
What put me off however was that when looking at for sale ads, these are all very low mileage cars with multiple owners, while in most cases already lots of engine and transmission work have been carried out:confused: :frown: .
To me this sounded way to unrelieable to get one:mad:

Overhere is a V6 and the only thing that put me off getting one is that I wanted a daily driver. The interor is worst than an Elise and unless you just want a track car it will leave a lot to be desired from. As far as reliability, just look at how much it gives for how little money. All in all a great weekend warrior, but not an everyday car IMO.

Here's the equivalent of NSX Prime for Noble owners....this should give you some insight......great performers but tough to resell IMO.

http://www.nobleforums.com/

My shop works on Nobles everyday here in California.
I own one as well as just sold my NSX the other day.
They do not require emission testing if registered correctly.

I view the two very simply-

One is a luxury race car (nsx) and the other is a race car with air condition (Noble).

In my experience with Noble owners, they seem to enjoy having a "toy" to play with while they are out driving their Ferraris, Posrches and other exotic car.

One has to remember why they are buying one vs. what they are buying it for. It's a lot of fun for the right reason and the twin turbo V6 is a definite plus.

If you are local, or even not so local, please come by or fly in.

Here's a few pics. of cars we've finished this year. I think we've worked on 30+ in the past 10 months.

dgdbhu.jpg

Golteman_008.jpg

DM-M400_010.jpg

m4002clamsup.jpg

You can phone my shop if you have any questions.

My shop works on Nobles everyday here in California.
I own one as well as just sold my NSX the other day.
They do not require emission testing if registered correctly.

What do you meant by registered correctly?
What is its maintenance cost?
Thanks again :biggrin:

What do you meant by registered correctly?
What is its maintenance cost?
Thanks again :biggrin:

State Bill 100 allows 500 vehicles to be registered as a specialty component vehicle. On Jan. 2 you need to be at the DMV before they open and if you are lucky, you will get one of the 500 numbers issued for this type of registration.

Cheap to maintain, it's a Ford motor for the most part.

I got a chance to get a ride in Tim's (Jorligan) Noble at NSXPO, and I have to say...I was blown away at the raw acceration. A true beast. My neighbor had one and I've toyed with the idea of getting one, and still might. NobleForums is a great site and you can learn alot there.:wink:

I got a chance to get a ride in Tim's (Jorligan) Noble at NSXPO, and I have to say...I was blown away at the raw acceration. A true beast. My neighbor had one and I've toyed with the idea of getting one, and still might. NobleForums is a great site and you can learn alot there.:wink:

Tim is one of my customers.
We call his Noble an M500 since he's modded it.

Tim is one of my customers.
We call his Noble an M500 since he's modded it.

I know, he was telling me you have a black, if I recall.

The Noble is more designed for the track 'out of the box.' It is much lighter and obviously more powerful. It also handles nicer.

However, when it comes down to it they aren't massively reliable and use some very under engineered parts from cars which have under 100bhp for cost cutting reasons. Also, the NSXs chassis is better designed and is far more adjustable, so when you go the bare bones the NSX makes a better race car too.

I know people with 500bhp, 600bhp Nobles... but have never been tempted to switch. They just don't do it for me. I guess they have a bigger rarity factor over in the States, but to me they are just decent kit cars.

If you want to know about Noble, contact Hoover directly as he suggested earlier. He knows what you want to know. :smile:

Nalesh,

How have you been?
The person that bought my car is located in Roseville.
His name is Dodi.

Hoov,
My cousin in named Dodi (but probably not the guy who bought your car). I'll keep an eye out for your old NSX up here. It will be strange seeing it and you not being the driver.

I've been good. Very busy this year w/ the house and family events (but that's why we moved up here, so it's worth it). I stopped by the shop a couple of months ago when I was driving back from an event in SJ, but you were on a field trip w/ your son. I've been planning on taking a day trip to come out and visit - I miss moving the pushers around the shop at the end of the day :smile: (also need to adjust my exhaust just a little). I'll call you soon. Hope the family and your crew and doing well.

Back