• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noob

Welcome. You are headed in the right direction if you are on this board. I probably lurked here for at least 3 years or so before I found my way into an NSX.

I wonder, have you made it to any of the Cars & Coffee meets at European Auto Garage? I've had my black NA1 at quite a few of those and remember seeing at least a couple of black S2Ks.

I also autocross a Red MR2 with the ETR region (most of whom live Knoxville-ish) if you've been out to any of those events.

I'd love to be able to tell if I recognized your car, but the internet-gestapo have blocked most of the image hosting sites at work :mad:

Yea I have been to 1 C&C meet and will be at the one on the 2nd. We have met actually. Lol I have an I <3 my honda t-shirt as my seat cover if that might help you remember the car... First thing people usually notice.

Were you on Merchant Drive last night? I saw a Black NA1 going toward the Foutain City direction as I was getting off of the Interstate.

I live in Halls/Powell.

I also was at the last Pellissippi ETR event this past season and James Cather was co-driving with me.

Last edited:
Yup, that makes sense then :). I remember the t-shirt.

Wasn't me down on Merchants. There is still at least one other black NA1 running around Knoxville even after USAFDarkhorse (aka Jared) sold his. I am not over that direction very often unless there's something going on down town.

Good to see some other local folks on here though. We have a few other k-town folks on Prime, but I haven't seen that they've been active in a while.

Gimme a yell if you make it out to any more ETR events next year as well. I'll probably be splitting time between the MR2 (which can actually be competitive if I can muster the talent) and the NSX (mainly for fun).

Welcome. I am not sure you should be scheduling your car purchases around insurance rates. I noticed no drop in mine at 25. I believe that is more of an old wives tale versus something that actually happens.

Not an old wives tale, although it will vary by company and state. In some cases (more often with clean record and good credit) it can be pretty substantial...like 1/2.

Also, companies don't always automatically re-rate your policy at age thresholds or when accidents/tickets fall off the record, so if you see no change, it may be time to call your agent (who may be paid on commission), or shop around.

Just sayin' (as someone with insurance licenses in 47 states :wink:)

Yup, that makes sense then :). I remember the t-shirt.

Wasn't me down on Merchants. There is still at least one other black NA1 running around Knoxville even after USAFDarkhorse (aka Jared) sold his. I am not over that direction very often unless there's something going on down town.

Good to see some other local folks on here though. We have a few other k-town folks on Prime, but I haven't seen that they've been active in a while.

Gimme a yell if you make it out to any more ETR events next year as well. I'll probably be splitting time between the MR2 (which can actually be competitive if I can muster the talent) and the NSX (mainly for fun).

Yea, I knew Jared got rid of his a while back. The one I saw last night was really loud... not a good loud. :frown:

Will you be at the cars and coffee on Jan 2nd?

I plan on being at as many of the ETR events that I can be this coming year, so, I should see you around.

Well this is a dissapointment! I thought the name of the thread was "Boob". Where's my stinkin glasses?:redface::biggrin:

Well this is a dissapointment! I thought the name of the thread was "Boob". Where's my stinkin glasses?:redface::biggrin:

Here ya go. (.) :wink:

Back