• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nordic NSX Meeting 2003

Rumours says that there might be a Nordic NSX Meeting taking place this year.
Anyone having more information about this; date, place etc.?
Club Honda in Norway will participate in a street car-meeting in mid-July (11-13/7) about 150 km north of Oslo. There will also be a Honda-meeting at Arctic Circle Raceway in end of July.

------------------
Have a Honda-experience every day!

Jon
'91 NSX for summer & '97 CR-V for winter

Any mroe information on this? Is it speculation or fact. I would definately make the journey from Stavanger to Olso for this. Might even be able to make it into a business trip, since I work in Olso often, to save cost. Keep me posted to an new information that comes availalble.

PS - Where is the Arctic Circle Raceway located? Northern region???

Originally posted by midNight Sun Xpress:
Rumours says that there might be a Nordic NSX Meeting taking place this year.
Anyone having more information about this; date, place etc.?
Club Honda in Norway will participate in a street car-meeting in mid-July (11-13/7) about 150 km north of Oslo. There will also be a Honda-meeting at Arctic Circle Raceway in end of July.

------------------
John C. Hanks
RBI Senior Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant
Det Norske Veritas AS/CNCNO744 Stavanger
Stavanger Office Phone: (+47) 51 50 60 42
Stavanger Fax (+47) 51 50 60 70
Stavanger Mobile: (+47) 91 58 03 35

"EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others believe is possible!"

Hi John

Yes ACR is way up north. It is called "Artic Circle" raceway. Not sure exactly on what longitude and all, but maybe 50 kilometers south of the artic circle..

It is about 1058 kilometers from Oslo. Not sure from Stavanger.

It is the best track maybe in whole of Europe.

If things go my way I will be driving a NSX this summer too..

Regards

------------------
Martin Bergvill
Narvik Norway
Prelude 2.2iVtec
My Prelude at Artic Circle Raceway

Rumours came from Sweden so I hoped for any of the swedish owners would come forward with some more information.
I have tried to gather some more information about the nordic NSXs, but it seems difficult to get the correct numbers.
Fredrix in Sweden claim there are 28 NSXs currently, Jesper from the danish Honda club says 0-2 i DK as he is living on the swedish side of the border. In Norway I know for sure there are 3 Acuras (Svolvaer, Oslo-area and Stavanger) and 8 Hondas (2xTrondheim, Harstad, 3xOslo, Ski and one unknown, 3 of these cars are not carrying licenseplates yet).
I also been told about one 2.hand NSX sold from a dealer last year which was alledgely totally wrecked, and I will try to get some more information about this car. There might be another 1-2 cars in the country.
We also have two VERY eager guys whom I expect will import their NSXes this year (BiTER & Martin).
Total of appx. 40 NSXes for a meeting. I think the meeting should take place near a circuit (and maybe NSXLR8R could give us some instructions as I have heard that you know this game well?). Arctic Circle is 1000km north of Oslo and will be too far a ride for some. I suggest one of the better circuits in southern part of Sweden, which also is a new attempt to play the ball back to the swedish NSX-owners society ;LOL
Might also be a good idea to invite our fellow addicts in Europe as well.
Well, this became longer than I intended, and any respons and new information is welcome.

------------------

Jon

I agree that some place where we could get some track time would be great. I am getting withdrawls. I need some seat time. I would be more than happy to contribute my instrutional abilities to any and everyone that we had time for. Before moving to Stavanger, I was attending a track event at least once, and sometimes twice a month, as instructor and/or driver.

You guys know the availability of tracks, geographical area, and country configurations better than I do, so just tell me where to be and when!

I look forward to it!!!

[/B][/QUOTE]
I think the meeting should take place near a circuit (and maybe NSXLR8R could give us some instructions as I have heard that you know this game well?).

[/B][/QUOTE]

------------------
John C. Hanks
RBI Senior Engineer/Project Manager/Consultant
Det Norske Veritas AS/CNCNO744 Stavanger
Stavanger Office Phone: (+47) 51 50 60 42
Stavanger Fax (+47) 51 50 60 70
Stavanger Mobile: (+47) 91 58 03 35

"EXCELLENCE is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is safe; dreaming more than others think is practical and expecting more than others believe is possible!"

[This message has been edited by NSXLR8R (edited 31 January 2003).]

Hi

Just thinking out loud here..

John

How about you drive about 200 kilometers to Bergen. Then get onto the "Hurtigruten" with your car.

Hurtigruten.com

Then enjoy a trip along the coast and then get off at Sandessjøen.

You then have about 74 kilometers from Sandessjøen to the ACR track.

Advanced search_Search for Sandessjøen Norway and Mosjøen Norway

That's about 1 hour and 13 minutes...you do that in 20 minutes
smile.gif

Link to the track here:

ACR

You could ofcourse drive all the way up to ACR, but that is maybe too far?

I have no knowledge on tracks in south of Norway, but I do know that ACR is the best track in Norway and probably in north of Europe too.
smile.gif

We do not know yet when the meeting at ACR will be. But a weekend in june of july we think. I will keep you posted about that.

In Club Honda Norway it is Tore Kvittem at [email protected]which is planning the meeting at ACR and the other Honda meetings in Norway.

Also check this site: Gatebil

It will be huge in 2003 too.

Regards

Martin

[This message has been edited by martin (edited 31 January 2003).]

The Gelleråsen track www.karlskogamotorstadion.com/motorstadion/motorstadion.htm located near the city of Karlskoga (sweden) would be an execellent choice for an official future Nordic NSX meeting

its a good beginners track, very forgiving. If you do misstakes and run off the track you wont crash the car because there is enough space, very twisty, and pretty low speed (maximum speed about 200+ km/h with a stock nsx)

excellent facilities

the location is perfect, its located "in the middle" not far away from Stockholm, Gothenburg and Oslo

its also pretty cheap to rent the track compared with the other swedish tracks

im just thinking out loud..infact i dont even own an nsx yet but i have driven with my civic vti -00 (EK4 b16a2) on the gelleråsen roadtrack and its a fun experience

experienced drivers who likes high speeds might think its a bit boring though

dont miss the "japmeet" in july 12th www.japmeet.nu (everyone with a japanese car is welcome)

i have a movie from the last year japmeet...its 127 mb..msg me on icq 1843030 if u want it

/stef

[This message has been edited by S|b (edited 31 January 2003).]

[This message has been edited by S|b (edited 31 January 2003).]

Thanks for your info, S|b!
Not too expensive but seems to be quite busy every weekend? Maybe the first weekend in August would be good (although I will return to tthe north after 4000-5000km of holiday-driving the weekend before!!).
But where are the Swedish NSX-owners hiding, we would very much appriciate if some of you could come forward.

------------------

Jon

I would be more than happy to make the trip up. Been thinking about getting up further North to see the country and scenery anyway. Will just wait and see when this all pans out and plan for it! Thanks! See Ya!

Originally posted by martin:
Hi

Just thinking out loud here..

John

How about you drive about 200 kilometers to Bergen. Then get onto the "Hurtigruten" with your car.......etc.

I am sure you will enjoy driving your NSX on curvy, norwegian roads, John. If you are doing a long trip, take the west coast up to Trondheim. Back home from T.heim, I will recommend E6 to Otta and over Valdresflya. From Geilo you will have several options to Stavanger.
From Trondheim and to the north, E6 is the safest route but boring. You might consider RV17 along the coast all the way up to Bodø or you might at several points change from RV17 over to E6. RV17 has smaller roads with a number of ferrys but the scenery is magnificent.
Please feel free to send an e-mail if you need more tips or even a guide if you are in my (or Martins) area.

------------------

Jon

Dudes!
The Swedish Honda club will have a gathering/track event May 1st.
I have talked to the guy in charge, and he is very positive to make it possible for an nordic NSX event as well...
any non-Swedish interest?

It is still a bit early for making the trip via Kiruna or through Norway at that time of the year. Besides I will be returning from Praha on April, 30th.
Any gatherings later in the year?

------------------

Jon

Back