• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

North GA Mountain Run, Saturday May 2nd

Hey guys, I just picked up a 997tt and a buddy just picked up a v10 R8, so we decided we were going to head up to the mountains next Saturday. A few other friends are going (M5's, Supra, etc), so we figured we would turn this in to a bigger run. Post in this thread, or PM me and Ill send you more details. We are going to head out around 8:30 AM from Exit 7 on 400.

Terrell

Meant June the 2nd...
______

Last edited:
Right now, this is who has confirmed:
Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra

A couple of GTRs are tentative.

Let me know who is planning on making it out so that I can update this list. From a random text between me and Dustin, this is shaping up to be a pretty good time.

Update

Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra
Sam-GTR
Dyjo-GTR

Incredibly jealous....I just put my car on jackstands for the headers install and 90k service.

I'll def join you guys next time!

Incredibly jealous....I just put my car on jackstands for the headers install and 90k service.

I'll def join you guys next time!

Most definitely. I am surprised none of the NSX guys want to come out? This is currently who has committed. We are going to run up 60 through Dahlonega and hit the 60/180/129 loop, then come back down to Dahlonega for Brunch/Early lunch. It should be a good time. Post here or PM me if you would like more details.

Current lineup

Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra
Sam-GTR
Dyjo1-GTR
Keith-BMW E63 M6
Ted-Audi V10 R8 (meeting in Dahlonega)

A few others are tentative.

Current lineup

Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra
Sam-GTR
Dyjo1-GTR
Keith-BMW E63 M6
Nathan-M3

Most definitely. I am surprised none of the NSX guys want to come out? This is currently who has committed. We are going to run up 60 through Dahlonega and hit the 60/180/129 loop, then come back down to Dahlonega for Brunch/Early lunch. It should be a good time. Post here or PM me if you would like more details.

Current lineup

Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra
Sam-GTR
Dyjo1-GTR
Keith-BMW E63 M6

Have you guys ever tried going straight up 129 over Blood Mountain, then to Richard Russell Scenic Hwy, then either turn around and go back the same way or if you have a little more time after Richard Russell, go up 17/75 to 180 then east to 129 and back down 129 to Dahlonega. I make this run with my motorcycle all the time and it is much more fun than the western end of 180. Just an idea.

Current lineup

Terrell-Porsche 997TT
Dustin-Audi V10 R8
John-BMW E60 M5
Jordan-Ferrari F355
KAW-Toyota MKIV Supra
Sam-GTR
Dyjo1-GTR
Keith-BMW E63 M6
Nathan-M3
T. Parker-BMW E60 M5
Harvey-Ford GT (Tentative)
Dustin's Friend-E92 M3 (Tentative)

Be on the lookout for an a text/PM from me later tonight. If you haven't sent me you number yet, please send me a PM with your contact info!

Have you guys ever tried going straight up 129 over Blood Mountain, then to Richard Russell Scenic Hwy, then either turn around and go back the same way or if you have a little more time after Richard Russell, go up 17/75 to 180 then east to 129 and back down 129 to Dahlonega. I make this run with my motorcycle all the time and it is much more fun than the western end of 180. Just an idea.

I think what we are going to do is 60 to 129 over to 348 and take 348 back down in to Helen for lunch.

Timing is everything. I am selling my 911 on Saturday and joining my buddy for a DE at Road Atlanta, so no can do. I hate to preach, but that is a bunch of high $ machinery that gets the blood boiling, so please keep disciplined, specially for those that are new to their cars. I have done those roads many times over the past 10 years and know how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and forget you are not on a track. Seeing a cop now and then unfortunately brought back reality. That's why I pretty much stick to the track these days. :smile:

Timing is everything. I am selling my 911 on Saturday and joining my buddy for a DE at Road Atlanta, so no can do. I hate to preach, but that is a bunch of high $ machinery that gets the blood boiling, so please keep disciplined, specially for those that are new to their cars. I have done those roads many times over the past 10 years and know how easy it is to get caught up in the moment and forget you are not on a track. Seeing a cop now and then unfortunately brought back reality. That's why I pretty much stick to the track these days. :smile:

Thanks for the advice. None of us are new to the route, driven it 20+ times. No intentions of coming back with a wrecked car *knocks on wood*.

I just text everyone the info for the run tomorrow.

Bob, We are leaving Roswell at 8:45 so that should put us in Dahlonega around 9:30? We will be driving on Highway 9/60/19 up to the Mtns.

Last edited:
Check the edit. I mistyped the thread title. It is this Saturday, June 2nd. I am pretty sure one of the GTRs is coming from Augusta.

would have loved to go!!

ill stay tuned for next trip! gotta work this weekend.

have fun!

We had a very spirited drive up and down the mountains with the only fly in the ointment being that the cops must have had some kind of mission as they were all over the place with one of our group getting a ticket for passing over the double yellow. Thanks Terrell for getting a good group together and when I get back in town in fall I hope we can do it again.

Here is this post, sorry I missed it.

I wish someone would have called or PM FLA LIZ because she has been aching for a mountain run.

Terrell, you need to put this on facebook too in advance:cool:

Who is FLA LIZ? I posted it up on a couple of forums. We didn't want to advertise it too much (def not on Facebook). It started with me and my buddy Dustin wanted to take our cars up to the mtns. I think we had a perfect size group.

I should have called you, Alex. I will be setting up another up at the Cherohala Skyway. I will let you know the details.

We had a very spirited drive up and down the mountains with the only fly in the ointment being that the cops must have had some kind of mission as they were all over the place with one of our group getting a ticket for passing over the double yellow. Thanks Terrell for getting a good group together and when I get back in town in fall I hope we can do it again.

Big thanks to Bob for showing us a new road up to Highway 60 (and keeping us all from getting taken in, haha). Chasing that turbo NSX was super fun (and you can drive the hell out of that thing)! Thank you for coming out Eiffel. Your car is beautiful!

Here is a link to the picture/vids thread. There will be a TON of pics and videos and I will post them as they come. We had 5 go pros strapped to the cars and one of my buddies is taking the content and putting it together. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1583434#post1583434

Back