• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Northeast Early Departure Caravan

There will be a small group leaving for North Carolina on Wednesday, October 9th.

We will drive to just south of Roanoke (Ft Chiswell area) on Wednesday, possibly including a bit of Skyland Drive in Shenandoah National Park. We'll have dinner together and stay the night.
On Thursday we will continue to Ashville, NC for a tour of the Biltmore Estate and or Gardens. (2 1/2-3 hour drive)
Then drive up to the mountains for a peaceful night in the Banner Elk area ( 1 1/2 hour drive)
On Friday we will have a lazy morning and head to the NSXPO Host Hotel in Cary, NC with either some twisty mountain roads and or stops in some small towns. (4 1/2 hour drive)

We already have 6 couples and 2 singles interested in joining us.
If anyone else is interested please email me at [email protected] within the next week or so. I would prefer to have a small group as it is easier to plan so if you are interested, let me quickly. If you are not from the Northeast you are welcome to join us and can meet us either at Ft. Chiswell, VA or at the Biltmore Estate as long as you let me know (in case we change plans on the fly as I would hate to have someone expected us somewhere where we don't show up).

Everyone will pay directly to the hotels, restaurants, entrance fees though we will make the reservations.

Approximate costs are (we are ordering off of the restaurant menus so there are no set dinners. You would of course be able to spend more or less should you like to)
Shenandoah National Park Entrance Fee 15.00 per vehicle
Hotel Ft Chiswell - 100.00 probably less plus tax
Estimate dinner at around 20.00 per person (reasonable local place)
Biltmore Estate - 42.00 entrance fee
Potential Biltmore Lunch - 20.00 (you can always choose a less expensive option)
Hotel Banner Elk - 125.00 plus tax to 190.00 plus tax (includes breakfast)
Nice Dinner Out - 35.00 plus tax

Thank you Carla for planning this. I know that Nancy is really looking forward to the "pre-NSXPO" as well as the "main event". For those that are thinking about joining this "group", know that Carla guarantees good roads and good weather, so come and join the fun.
BTW Carla, how is The Don going to be able to bring a change of clothes, if the trunk is filled with your shoe changes?

On you must not have heard. Nancy and I hired a separate driver and vehicle as our 'support' car. Her clothes and my shoes. Think the company mentioned something about us needing a 22' truck to fit our needs. Uhaul is amazing that way.

Sounds great, Though I am going to be bringing my car on a trailer I think this is a great idea for the ones who are driving.

Sounds great, Though I am going to be bringing my car on a trailer I think this is a great idea for the ones who are driving.

More fun to drive the car, than to "haul it". Put some miles on, it won't hurt it, it's a Honda.
I had the oil changed this past weekend, they "inspect" the car while up on the lift. (not a dealer, and unless it needs service, I don't bring it up to Larry), car has 64,000 miles and over 40% left on the original brakes. My comment to the mechanic.........."I don't use them"!!!
Don't be a wuss, join us for the "pre-fun"

Carla, that would be funny, only if it's not true!!!!!

Best bring a 53' cuz I've got shoes, clothes and who knows what else I pick up along the way.............maybe him too :>)..............Roger, you're still third no matter what us women bring.

Best bring a 53' cuz I've got shoes, clothes and who knows what else I pick up along the way.............maybe him too :>)..............Roger, you're still third no matter what us women bring.

Careful "Canook", you're treading on thin ice. We might have to revoke your passport!!!!

Back