• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Northern NJ Meet

Calling all NSXs! There's gonna be a northern NJ Acura meet this Sunday.

Place: South Mountain Arena Parking Lot
560 Northfield Ave.
West Orange, NJ

Time: 1 pm
Date: Sunday, August 19th

Rain Date & Place: Sunday August 26th, Same Place.

There is going to be mainly Acura TL/CLs/Legends/NSX invited to this meet. But any Acura or any car is welcomed.

------------------
tlogo.jpg
bart.gif

2001 Acura 3.2TL w/ Navigation
NightHawk Black Pearl Exterior, Ebony Leather

Sunroof Visor, Mudguards, 35% Metallic Tint All Around, Acura Burlwood Shiftknob, Alpine CHM-S620 6-Disc CD-Changer, Custom Metal Mesh Grill, Video in my Navi Kit, Playstation 2, JL Audio 12" W6 Subwoofer, Audiobahn A1800E Amplifier
Moderator of Acura-TL.Com Forums

bdimc2001,

What's on tap for Sunday? Is there an agenda or is it just a get-together?

Anyone else plan to attend?

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
Looking for 76-79 Honda Accords

Jimbo,

We where planning on meeting at the parking lot for about an hour or two, then drive around a bit, after that we'll probably head to Friday's or my restaurant for early dinner. There's also a zoo behind the arena where we're meeting at.

But it looks like I may have to postpone the meet till next Sunday b/c of bad weather, but I'll keep u guys updated. Hope to see a few NSX show up.

Is this behind the Ice-Hockey ring in West Orange next to the Zoo???

I might show up if the weather will be OK.
Keep us updated.

Thx

The absolute best way to get there is to get on the NJ Turnpike (95) from NY/CT, then get on Route 280, exit off 10 (West Orange). Make a left onto Northfield Ave from the exit, and head up the hill about 2 1/2 miles till u see the arena. You can't miss it it's gonna be on your left.

Or goto Mapquest.

Hope the weather holds up or otherwise it'll be next week.

Yes, it's the Turtle Back Zoo or South Mountain Arena Parking Lot big big one.

[This message has been edited by bdimc2001 (edited 15 August 2001).]

Hey ladies & fellas,

I was alerted to this thread from a friend (and NSXer) in CT.

Since the weather is still a bit unstable for Sunday, I'll check back here tomorrow night to see if this event is still on.

On the NSX list, it appears the south and west coasters are having all the fun, so it's nice to see enthusiasm like this on the east coast.

Ciao,

Miled
'91 Sebring Silver/Ivory Honda NSX

On the NSX list, it appears the south and west coasters are having all the fun, so it's nice to see enthusiasm like this on the east coast.

Huh?

So far this year, there's been Don's NSX River Run in NJ(thought I saw you there, Miled), Larry's NSX Poker Run in NY, Rich's NSX event in NH, an NSX dealer event in DC...
confused.gif

The Meet is ON!

just checked the local weather forecast, now it's not gonna rain at all till at least 3 pm. And at 3 there only a percentage chance of rain, it's gonna be sunny till 3, and the meet is at 1, so there's at least 2 hours of good weather. So the meet is on!

Huh?

So far this year, there's been Don's NSX River Run in NJ(thought I saw you there, Miled), Larry's NSX Poker Run in NY, Rich's NSX event in NH, an NSX dealer event in DC...
confused.gif

Well, I know those events took place and yes, I attended them all!
wink.gif
But it was nice to see this post here, and I'm envious of all the events that take place on the west coast ---> Comptech this, Laguna Seca that, etc., etc... Mama mia!!!

Hey Jersey posse... The weather here (NY) does not look anywhere's close to what you are saying (thunderstorms all over), so looks like I'll miss this one.
frown.gif
Hey Ken, can you believe it, I'm actually not going to be able to make it to an event!
eek.gif

Ciao,

Miled

What? your not coming? You gotta show up, gotta rep the NSX crew. Spoke to your friend Keith and he said you where coming, oh well, maybe the next meet which will be in 2-3 weeks, I'll keep you guys posted. I'll post pics too.

can you believe it, I'm actually not going to be able to make it to an event!

Yes, but this is a Legend/TL/CL event - not exactly the same thing...

Originally posted by nsxtasy:
can you believe it, I'm actually not going to be able to make it to an event!

Yes, but this is a Legend/TL/CL event - not exactly the same thing...

So you guys are too good for us?

Everyone at the meet wanted to see a few NSX, that would have been a real good meet, oh well, I guess the next one in 2-3 weeks. I myself really wanted to see a few NSX show up b/c I am planning on getting one when I graudate college.

So you guys are too good for us?

Boy, talk about a wild misinterpretation in order to fulfill someone's preconceived stereotype...
pat.gif

Look at it this way. I have an Integra Type R. I go to a bunch of events that are for Integra Type R's ONLY. There are OTHER events that are open to all Acura's - Legends, TL's, CL's, NSX's, etc. But if I can't go to EVERY event, because there are so many events, which are the ones that I'm going to limit myself to? The ones that are for my car only.

Does that mean that the Integra Type R is too good for those other cars?
nono.gif
Heck no, it just means that I'd rather go to events where everyone has MY car - where I've gotten to know a lot of the folks who have my car, and where we have more to discuss because we all have the same car - instead of one that has lots and lots of different cars.

It's no different for the NSX than it is for the "lowly"
wink.gif
Integra Type R. It has nothing to do with feelings of superiority you seem to want to ascribe to us. You may want to re-think your apparent prejudices concerning the NSX - especially since, if you one day own one, you'll be facing them yourself.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 19 August 2001).]

Hey Joey,
I wasn't blowing you guys off, I'd love to check out your rides and let you see mine. Just had some scheduling conflicts. Definately let us know when your next one is, and I'll try to be there. I need to see some Integras, as I'd like to get one to work on with my son in a couple of years when he's old enough to drive(if he does well enough in school
wink.gif
)
Keith

Well, you are right in a way. But I didn't see any NSX show up, and am a bit dissapointed. But that's ok, I don't really know any of you guys, so hopefully next time. Sorry about that lil comment, I don't wanna get off on the wrong foot.

Anyways we had alot of fun. There was about 14 total cars that showed up. CLs were the majority, then TLs and even GMC truck and a Cavalier.

Wayne the service manager from Park Ave. Acura was the first to show up, then I came next. After that everyone started to roll in one by one. We hung out for a few hours then headed to the new Fridays on Rt. 10 in East Hanover. All in all it was pretty fun, the weather held up nicely, it never rained the whole time. It was really fun especially being on the road and ruling it.

allmeet.jpg

Click here for the rest of the pics http://pirate.shu.edu/~chansing/Meets/njmeet/njmeet.html

Looks like a nice turnout! Feel free to post here next time you have an event to which NSXs are invited and hopefully schedules will work out better.

Thanks for the welcome Lud. As a matter of fact we're planning an all out Acura Shore Invasion. All Acuras are invited. The tentative date is Sept 16th. And we'd be honored if the NSXs came to join us in the fun. We haven't planned as to where this will take place but somewhere in the NJ Shore that's for sure.
biggrin.gif

Hey fellas,

I'm really sorry I didn't get the opportunity to come out there to meet and hang out with you all.

Like Lud said, please post and let us know when the next event is, and I'll do my best to be there.

The pics were really nice hope I can be part of it next time.

Thanks for inviting us!

Ciao,

Miled
'91 Honda NSX

p.s. Keith, hope you can make it.

Hey everyone,

Any updates on the next Jersey gathering?

Ciao,

Miled

[This message has been edited by TochigiNSX (edited 10 September 2001).]

Hey Miled,

I had posted another meet, and nobody responded...we just finished it yesterday, we all meet at Pt. Pleasent Beach a couple of Ct. People drove down and about 10 other NYC people as well...Overall it was a good turnout. No NSX or Legends that I invited showed up...Most TLs and about 3-5 CLs came and went. Hopefully we'll have another one...most likely it will be dealer sponsored..Park Ave Acura..It should be a huge turnout, the first one 88! Acura and Bmws showed up. I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Hi bdimc2001,

Thanks for the update. RRRRRats, I missed it again! And we've had nothing but sunshine for the last several days!
frown.gif

Ok, please do keep us posted here and I will do my best to represent.
biggrin.gif

Grazie,

Miled

[This message has been edited by TochigiNSX (edited 10 September 2001).]

Back