• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Not my week.. Vandalism.

To go from picture of the month to this is just, I cant put into words what I would feel if something like that happend to my white baby. Maybe you could paint the car with some cheap spray paint to make it look like you fixed it and wait with you new servailence camera to see if they strike again before you do the real repaint. Good luck and I pray you find who did this.

WTF is wrong with people?? I can't believe that someone did this to your car. I'm just as sorry as everyone else here on Prime.

Unfortunately, I don't see how you can catch the person who did this without having a witness. You should probably go out and buy a cheap remote camera and connect it to your VCR tonight. You can even keep it in your window if possible and zoom onto the car. Sheesh this really sucks, but what else can you do right now.

Keep your spirits up as everyone else has suggested. We're all behind you buddy.

Bro-

Those pictures made my stomach turn! Totally horrible for people to act so maliciously, simply out of jealousy I am sure! Good luck with the car in the future. I would report the incident to the Apartment Complex and their security department. Perhaps they can beef up the security in your area for a while. Sorry again.

Nev

Now THAT's really messed up.....Looking at those pics made me angry for you!!!
new_cussing.gif
If you say it was some sort of foam, it could be oven cleaner. That stuff will foam up as well as eat thru paint. Whatever it was MadMaxx is right, you should wash it off and neutralize it as well as you can. Given time this stuff will eat thru aluminum. I feel for you man!!! Hopefully after this string of bad luck, things will start to look better for you.

[This message has been edited by Deuce (edited 27 February 2003).]

First get one of these wireless motion detectors and leave it in the nsx there is a transmitter n reciever.$27.95
tvproducts4less_1730_8137386

Instant Alert Wireless Motion Detector

Then get yourself a Infra-red Cam $289
eagleeye.jpg

ACTUALVIDEOCAPTUREFROMCYBEREYE.jpg

CYBER EYE (aka CAR CAM)

Finding a home for your friend when you catch him....PRICELESS !!
AlcatrazCell.jpg

[This message has been edited by Acura NsX Pilot (edited 27 February 2003).]

Hooooooooly Craaaaaaap!!!!!!! I absolutely felt sick after looking at those pics!!!!! SO SORRY MAN!!!! I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU!!!
frown.gif

I doubt the cretin did it out of jealousy. I believe this person really dislikes you for some reason. I don't believe someone goes through the trouble of getting the striper and waiting for the opportunity to do this to your car, and also risking getting caught unless he really has something against you. I would follow the advice you got above - videotape the bastard! - because he/she is likely to come back for more.

A kid tried to poison my dog a few years ago with meat laced with antifreeze. He failed the first time and I nailed him on a videotape the second time he tried. I turned the tape over to the police and they shook him up - he didn't go to jail
mad.gif

OMG, those are horrible pics...and I freaked out about a little spit!

Sorry to see your NSX like that. Truly painful.

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black), '03 Honda Pilot EX-L (silver/gray), '97 Honda Civic HX (but not for long)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Looks like paint strip: Zip strip etc..
Hose it off with water and it will neutralize it.
I repair vandalism all the time. I see this kind of thing when couples break up or neighbors are at war.
I feel it's unlikely that someone could think of and carry out this type of attack toward a person they don't know or have a histoy with.
If you repair the car before you solve the problem with this party (if you can figure out who it is) I believe it will happen again. Soon.
Good luck.

------------------
www.vincesautobodyworks.com

Originally posted by pbassjo:
If you repair the car before you solve the problem with this party (if you can figure out who it is) I believe it will happen again. Soon.
Good luck.

I wish I could think of even a SINGLE person that I have pissed off. I have no idea. I really just talk to the same friends. I don't really go anywhere to make enemies. I don't go out. I have no idea. I am just at a loss. I do think that they will try it again if I do fix it and frankly that terrifies me. I worked really hard for this car and then some asshole ruins it with a $30 can of paint stripper.

I am just really sad right now.

Originally posted by NetViper:
I wish I could think of even a SINGLE person that I have pissed off. I have no idea. I really just talk to the same friends. I don't really go anywhere to make enemies. I don't go out. I have no idea. I am just at a loss.

If that's the case, then I suspect it is some punk in your neighborhood who sees your car parked outside all the time and feels extremely jealous - and decided to take action to vent their frustrations.

I would definitely file a police report and start monitoring your driveway.

We all feel for you. Hang in there!!!

i'd be doing what nsxtasy suggested file a report, any case in the future if you catch the scum will be strengthened. Nothing will stop the person doing worse if he/she gets charged though
frown.gif
. good luck anyways.

It's especially painful for me to view the pictures of your car because my NSX is also white and I don't have a garage either. I don't know if you're living in New Orleans, but when I went to college there in the late '60's - early '70's more than a few of my friends had their cars vandalized or stolen. It can be a tough town on cars.

Originally posted by NetViper:
I wish I could think of even a SINGLE person that I have pissed off. I have no idea. I really just talk to the same friends. I don't really go anywhere to make enemies. I don't go out. I have no idea. I am just at a loss. I do think that they will try it again if I do fix it and frankly that terrifies me. I worked really hard for this car and then some asshole ruins it with a $30 can of paint stripper.

I am just really sad right now.

Paintstripper is only $4.00 comes in a spray can. I had that happen to my truck by some A**hole. I think it's pretty lame when people do stuff like that. Jealous idiots, if they spent more time actually doing something productive they could probably buy one themselves.

I hope you took it off the plastic it will eat it. Very sorry to see this. Why are people such morons?

it's just heartbroken to see the pics, this is the stuff that I have nightmares about. To actually see it happen in life, it's just destroys the spirit of a person.

I am very sorry this happened. I hope you get it taken care soon, and follow some of the good avice from the posts above. And may the culprit be run over by a 10 ton semi, then by your newly repair NSX, three times!

Wow - a damn shame. I have 3 young kids and I will do my best to teach them to always respect other peoples property. To me it is not much different then destroying a work of art.

When I see this stuff - I see a failure to parent and educate kids. The only thing you can tell yourself is it was a random act of violence against the car - instead of you or someone you love.

Good luck - hope it turns out OK for you. You shouldn't have to buy a garage or security to have something nice. I thought that was only in 3rd world places.

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

What a horrible thing to do. Even though whoever did this got away with it this time, what comes around goes around. Sooner or later they'll get theirs.

------------------
Russ
'91 black/black

NetViper,

What a senseless malicious act! Sorry about your misfortune. Your pictures speak a thousand words.

Maybe you could go the route of the airlines in the 80's. Strip it all and do the brushed aluminum look.

Seriously. I hope your insurance takes care of it the right way. Good luck.
------------------
Hans

[This message has been edited by Hans (edited 28 February 2003).]

Hey bud,
So sorry to see that. It just makes the mind boggle, doesn't it? Same sort of thing happened to me a couple years ago w/ my previous car, a 911 C2. Key scrape all the way down the side, and they made sure to get all 3 panels, just so it would be all the more expensive to repair.

I very much doubt that anyone "hates" you. More likely, they have massive problems of their own, they are desperate and embittered, and they cannot stand to see someone doing "better" than themselves. THAT is what they hate. It stems from feelings of worthlessness, and that person I guarantee has a much worse life than you do. If anything they are to be pitied more than anything (not that a good prison sentence wouldn't serve them well), and this is their way of venting some frustration w/ their sorry state.

So sad, the only thing to do is to keep your NSX in safe storage at all times, and you will sleep better. Best of luck, let us know how the repairs go.

if there is a bright side to this.

your insurance will cover it and you can completely update the rear end to the 2002 but you'll need to finish the left tail light though.

Back