• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Now that the MSRP is disclosed for the new NSX,

people will try and dump them for a down payment for their new LEASED NSX so I think the prices will go down for awhile. then when demand is low for the new one the prices will go back up.

I personally will not buy the first year production as there is always problems they fix the next year, and the price will drop down to about 85-90K the first suckers are gonna buy it at 150+

while the people that wait will get theirs for way less.

I will have the new one its only a matter of time. will not sell my old ones for nothing.

Concur. Also, keep in mind the number put forward at the unveiling was an EXPECTATION. Whenever anyone uses that word, you can count on the number to go up.

NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION UGHHHHH not the car for me, since the new VETTE is stick I think I might go that route.

people will try and dump them for a down payment for their new LEASED NSX so I think the prices will go down for awhile. then when demand is low for the new one the prices will go back up.

I personally will not buy the first year production as there is always problems they fix the next year, and the price will drop down to about 85-90K the first suckers are gonna buy it at 150+

while the people that wait will get theirs for way less.

I will have the new one its only a matter of time. will not sell my old ones for nothing.

Huh?? The price will go from $150,000 to $90,000 MSRP???

Doubtful.

Another vote for "not much."At this point, we are not talking the same market. They are not comparable cars. Was anyone here considering selling their Gen1 NSX for a BMW i8? Probably not too many. Just totally different markets. It seems to me that the best comp out there to the G2-NSX is the BMW i8. So, I'm afraid that given the price point, the NSX is going to be a pretty tough sale. The G1-NSX market will move more with the economy and the value of the collectibles market than anything else. That being said, I can't wait for a few years from now when you can buy a used, depreciated G2 for the same price as a G1. Someone will most certainly lament that "who would EVER pay as much for a G1 as they would a G2!!!"It will happen, mark my word.... (3-5yrs after the 1st sale of a G2)

All new cars will depreciate, unless it is limited production such as Ferrari. Secondly I feel the new NSX is a completely different market from the first, so it should have no effect on the G1 NSX. The NSX has been out so long that I can only see it appreciating because they are becoming more rare each year.

Not even same demographic. BUT I believe the astronomical price (especially considering it WILL go up from his estimate, AND dealer markup will surely occur) will actually help the older model out. Not a huge amount but probably a bit more of a bump. This new NSX doesn't have the same ground-breaking technology to brag about. It is a little late to the party.

Personally, with no manual I wouldn't give up my current NSX for it.

I don't see that many people dumping their current NSX for the 2015. In the reality of it, a lot of us here bought our current NSX only because it became affordable. I had to wait 15 years before I could afford mine. That's my plan for the 2015. 15 years and maybe it's doable then.:wink:

Can someone make Shawns picture bigger? I'd like it as my new wallpaper.

Last edited:
Actually G1 prices could go up if the G2 opens up a new demographics that wasn't aware a G1 existed, or maybe they were previously not interested. The typical person who can afford a $150k vehicle is the same person who can afford to pay cash for one. If they have a G1, they'll probably end up keeping it. If they purchased a new G2 without ever owning a G1, they may want to pick one up just to complete their collection.

If a person has to take out an extended loan to cover the price for a "brand new" play vehicle in this price range probably couldn't afford it to begin with. I bet registration and insurance is just shy of insane. This isn't a simple Corvette upgrade path.

As for myself, I'd never own a sports car with a missing pedal, it's against my religion.

As far as G2 second hand markets (out of warranty), I'd be very apprehensive about rare hybrid vehicles. Ten years from now a battery pack replacement, control module repair, electric motors, automated clutch transmission could end up costing the value of the vehicle. I sort of see the values of the G2 cars fall into the realm of recent Maserati territory, where the resell values could be equal to the value in parts. Generally the first owners will dump a complex luxury/exotic as soon as warranty ends, the 2nd owners will get a great deal (probably $70k range), but as soon as things start needing repair, the 2nd owner will dump it with outstanding issues again lowering value and the cycle repeats. Electrics of new cars today are vastly more complex and customized than cars of a decade ago. We are fortunate that G1's are relatively simple inexpensive machines to work on.

Last edited:
My first inclination is prices will drop for older models. Time will tell.

guy did you see the battery is it that thin? how bigs the tesla batts? or are they more like instant discharge type battery?

it looks to small and did you see the dual air-intakes yummy

I think the opposite, knowing that it's close to 200k once everything factor in, the older version price just spiked IMHO

This.with the rising prices of modern cars @30k for a classic exoctic seems like a bargin to me.the demand will still be there because at one time it was the pinncale of car engineering

I just hope the price comes down... or my income goes up... I don't know... we'll see. I'm somewhat surprised at how many here have said "no manual, no deal." There seem to be a lot of DCT/PDK fans on this forum...

I think the opposite, knowing that it's close to 200k once everything factor in, the older version price just spiked IMHO

+1

With the $150k starting point, the G1 looks like a bargain right now... If it is as well received as the the first Nsx it will only drive the prices up further..hang on to your Nsx's fellas...

I'm no expert on car prices, but even with the new Porsche GT3 release, it doesn't seem like it affected the 997 GT3 prices that much. In fact, the prices for the 997 appear to be going up.

That said, even with new P-cars coming out, the old classic 911's are still skyrocketing in prices.

I don't see why the NSX would be any different.

The new car is an ugly turd that will have to outperform everything on the road to have even a slim chance of selling for $150k. Acura/Honda screwed the pooch with this one. I am soooo depressed thinking about what they could have built instead. Take a look at the new Toyota Supra prototype to see what I mean. The beak on this new car is beyond hideous.

The new car is an ugly turd that will have to outperform everything on the road to have even a slim chance of selling for $150k. Acura/Honda screwed the pooch with this one. I am soooo depressed thinking about what they could have built instead. Take a look at the new Toyota Supra prototype to see what I mean. The beak on this new car is beyond hideous.

I really don't understand why people feel this way. The Porsche GT3 is around the same price and doesn't out perform the 458, though it's close. If the engineers hit their mark this new NSX and it's better numbers wise than the 458 then I don't see an issue with the price. How much better? We don't know yet. Of course if it does get tested and it's not better or is on the same level as the GT3 then I would say that they failed their mission.

Also I don't think it's an ugly car. That wedge design is kinda timeless. That's why Lambos rarely look dated.

Last edited:
The part you are missing is the GT3 follows the form of a 911. If someone didn't tell you it was a Porsche you could tell yourself just by looking at it. The new GT3 is an evolution. The new super ugly NSX is nowhere near an evolution. It's an insult to the NSX brand. This is what happens when a company is run by corporate schmoes and not enthusiasts. The whole point of that stupid beak is to try and make the car look like their current line up - a group of cars known for their blandness.

I was President of a local PCA chapter and as an enthusiast I think styling wise the 911 has maintained their brand quite well. Honda should have done the same with NSX, or at minimum not called this new abortion an NSX because other than the mid engine layout there is no shared DNA. Ferrari doesn't have this problem as they currently don't have a ton of continuity. A 288 GTO is the most beautiful Ferrari in my mind and there isn't another Ferrari named the same. If they called the new 458 a "288 GTO" I would have been just as disgusted. Honda should have called this hemmoroid a new name rather than tarnish the NSX brand.

I could care less about the prices of my older NSX (that was made in Japan) because I'm never selling it now that I saw the new American $150k car that has no direct link to the NSX heritage. I'm not a hater because I would love to add the new gal to my collection one day, but there's just way too many great exotics up in that price range. I'm afraid Honda is too late to the party.

Back