• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSTeXPO Dates?

Hello South Central!

Does anyone have any information (dates,location, etc) for this year's NSTeXPO? I heard rumblings about the last weekend in April, but haven't seen anything formal yet.

With the weather this nice, it's hard not to think about getting a big group together, isn't it? :cool:

Thanks in advance for any info.

Todd

Todd,

Funny you should ask, I just emailed Paul about this today. He is taking part in helping out with this event. Rumor has it that NSteXpo will be within the next few weeks. It's going to take place in the Austin area. Hope to see everyone from the NSX Austin meet that a few of us Houston NSXer's took part in and also others from around the way.

I should have my NSX there, with a new look. If for some reason, my car's not ready, I will hitch a ride, take a taxi, ride my bike!!! I WILL BE THERE!!!! :D :D :D

Regards,
- Z

Isn't NSteXpo normally in Dallas?

No.

The first NSteXpo was in San Antonio followed by Austin. It "migrated" to Dallas when the original event organizer moved there from San Antonio. Now that he has stepped aside, the current organizer opted to return the event to the Hill Country.

Ok. I thought both had been in Dallas. Is there another event that is in Dallas all the time?

Hey guys,

FYI Eric, Ojas, and myself are planning NSteXpo at this time. We are planning to have a dyno event, carting event, group drives, and a technical session.

As of now, there is a 99% chance that NSteXpo will be held in Austin. The event will begin Friday afternoon April 23 and end Sunday afternoon April 25.

Once we confirm dates with the dyno shop and RPM (the carting place) I will start another thread posting a detailed schedule including hotel reservation information.

Paul

apr 23rd wknd works for me. I was going to say that the TDE event is apr 17th wknd, and june 12th wknd, but thats a mute point

teamikonnsx said:
you guys should have it in houston:)

The unofficial rule is, if you get to host the Super Bowl, you don't get NSTeXpo the same year! :D

Besides, I don't think anyone will complain about the great hill country roads in Austin that we like to traverse, compared to the flat asphalt jungle of Houston.

I'm in, just waiting for details....:cool:

LeftLane said:

Besides, I don't think anyone will complain about the great hill country roads in Austin that we like to traverse, compared to the flat asphalt jungle of Houston.

Hey, I resent that! We have a whole obstacle course of pot holes and speed bumps here!! Donbehatten!!!!

Sometimes even wheel barrels on the highway, right Darren!? Or wheels falling off cars, right Paul?! Oh oh, and SUV's running over NSXer's!! :D :D :D

All jokes aside, I think Austin is perfect for NSXteXpo! :cool:

Regards,
- Z

LeftLane said:

Left Lane - we know how short your leash is and how hard it would be for you to securing a hall pass if it was in Houston, so we decided on Austin. :D :D :p

Only kidding, look forward to seeing you again.

Yeah! Count me in. Looking forward to meeting everyone... errr y'all
GeNSX

Paul said:
Left Lane - we know how short your leash is and how hard it would be for you to securing a hall pass if it was in Houston, so we decided on Austin. :D :D :p

Only kidding, look forward to seeing you again.

Truer words were never spoken! :D

teamikonnsx said:
you guys should have it in houston:)

It will get there someday. The biggest factor in where NSteXpo is each year is WHO is planning it. The people who make the personal sacrifice of time, money, energy, headaches, risk, etc., get only one benefit - they pick where and when the event takes place.

(oh - having a dealership interested in sponsoring the event to keep the costs down for the attendees helps, also)

EDR

Guttiensx said:
whats up fellas count me in. Is it going to be in Austin?

Well well well, looks who we have here! Mister Two Thousand Three decides to grace us with his presence! Where you been pretty boy, you're never around when I call you. Hit me up on the celly yo! :D hehe
- Z

I will be there.....except to avoid being "stood up" (like for the TWS event back in November) for the caravan to Austin, I may head up there on my own. :p

Is April 23rd definite? I know I'm getting a little excited here, but I do need a little lead time to make sure I can get the weekend pass, and I'm sure others want time to plan as well. No disrespect to those generous folks who are planning and arranging - but attendance will be maximized with as much advance notice as possible.

Thanks for coordinating, and please don't take this plea as bitching! :)

Guttiensx said:
hey z..what is your cell phone number... i am moving and I lost it....

Beeeeach, check yo email ! :D

LeftLane said:
Is April 23rd definite? I know I'm getting a little excited here, but I do need a little lead time to make sure I can get the weekend pass, and I'm sure others want time to plan as well. No disrespect to those generous folks who are planning and arranging - but attendance will be maximized with as much advance notice as possible.

Thanks for coordinating, and please don't take this plea as bitching! :)

Yes go ahead and secure the pass for April 23, 24, and 25. I have been out of town for a week skiing so we are a little behind on planning. I hope to be caught up by the end of the week.

Andy – I will be going rain or shine…leaving Houston sometime between noon and 1:00 Friday, April 23.

Paul said:
Yes go ahead and secure the pass for April 23, 24, and 25. I have been out of town for a week skiing so we are a little behind on planning. I hope to be caught up by the end of the week.

Andy – I will be going rain or shine…leaving Houston sometime between noon and 1:00 Friday, April 23.

If all the Houston guys want to caravan on Friday, I'll go ahead and take the day off and join. But if everyone wants to head out early Saturday morning, we can do that. What's everyone think?
- Z

Back