• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSteXpo this year?

I think I could be instrumental in obtaining a sponsorship from the local Acura dealer. But, we need a date (How about Sat.,July 2nd?) and I need to know what to ask them for. I guess approximate number of attendees would be useful as well. I could do this and use my home to host if anyone else would like to offer their services to get this thing organized.

When they were in Dallas there seem to be around 35 NSX. So you figure 2 people per NSX maybe minus a few would be a good start. Usually the Dealer would host a dinner and let us use their garage as a place to do a couple of tech talks. One Tech Talk I could think of that might be different is one around the brakes and the ABS system. One of the problems I have is adjusting the Glass on the Door. Maybe that could be another one.

Usually we are at a speed shop on Sat doing Dynos, Maybe something different would be a drive from houston out to the space center Sat. Then there is a nice dinner on Sat night. Then sunday might be a meet for Breakfast. And then everyone from out of town usually heads their way home.

Hope this helps with some ideas. Susan can give info on working with the dealership.

Hey, everyone. I just spoke with the owner of our local Acura dealership and explained what we're trying to organize and what his sponsorship would involve (i.e. garage, dinner, possibly Mobil 1 oil change specials and the like) and he said he was "interested". I reached him in Vegas, but he said he'd get back with me on Monday with any thoughts or concerns. I set the date for this event as Sat., July 2nd. It's a long weekend for nearly everyone and it would provide enough time for those whom travel to get back home w/ family for the 4th.
This would be a great time for any other volunteers to step forward in helping to organize this event. Feedback and suggestions are appreciated.

Houston works!

hmmm... I can make a 100% commitment to attend and actively participate in a Texpo in Houston during the weekend of July 4th as I'll be in town regardless for a family gathering. :cool:

For the memorial day weekend in 2004, Paul along w/ other Houston NSX'ers invited us (Austin NSX'ers) for a gathering. Three particular things were rather enjoyable:

- BBQ!
- Karting
- Brunch/Lunch at the boardwalk (marina) http://www.kemahboardwalk.com/ along w/ NSX group drive!

Anyone keen on a cigar/lounge outing at an exclusive, posh establishment?

Would the dealer offer a dyno group special? I was planning on trying to get a few pulls in. following the conclusion of some projects I have going on now w/ my NSX.

Anyone have contacts at a detailing/car-care shoppe and/or Audio/sound place who would be interested in a demo, pref' places that have worked on NSX'es?

What about soliciting Zaino Link, Zymol Zymol, Meguiars Link, 3M Link , Pinnacle Link, Klasse Link . Detailer's Paradise Link for product info/samples/tutorial?

Back