• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX 1/4 mile numbers

I've never driven any of the forementioned cars, so I can't help ya there, but I've been in all of them.

Considering a mustang to an NSX is sort of comparing a JCPenney suit to an Armani, both get a job done, one with alot more class. It depends on you. Some cars fit certain people. Some people would kill for a 400HP Cobra mustang. Personally you couldn't pay me to be seen in one. But it's just my taste. I prefer something you don't see everyday, I see 5-10 mustangs, 1-2 corvettes a day, and a viper a month, but have yet to see an NSX on the street. In my opinion, I'd be slightly torn between a Viper and NSX, just because I love the viper too. But it's a matter of taste and needs. My advice, drive them all, more than once, and make a decision like that. DOn't let any bias get in the way. :)

Just my $0.02

p.s.
these guys are great, don't let this thread fool you. If u ever get an NSX these guys will bend over backwards to help with a problem. Just some people in the past before you have offended the regulars I guess, so they can be leary about some newbies, which is understandable :)

rickysals said:
I've never driven any of the forementioned cars, so I can't help ya there, but I've been in all of them..........

......Some people would kill for a 400HP Cobra mustang. Personally you couldn't pay me to be seen in one.

You contradict yourself!! hehe j/p~! :)

I agree with you though, I'm torn between the Viper and the NSX. i love the power of hte Viper, and if you know how to drive it, the awesome handling, but I love the style and the drive of an NSX so much more...10x's more comfortable, reliable, efficient, and a bigger aftermarket.

As for the mustang/vette/viper sightings down here in South Florida: I don't even recognize mustangs anymore...every 4th car is a mustang. Every 8th car is a vette, so no biggie there either.

As for Vipers, i saw 4 SRT-10's in ONE day...3 were red!! I see a viper once a week, sometimes more on average.

I see two NSXs because they live close by but other than that, i rarely see them

check out this excellent link...
http://web.missouri.edu/~apcb20/times.html

hey...great link, no? :cool:

4600cc said:
Hi. Don't have NSX, have my eyes on corvette, viper, cobra before I even would consider NSX, but you have a chance to change my mind.

2000 and up NSX, what are the 1/4 mile numbers while N/A? What is rwhp of different engines available with the car? What weight? What's the top speed when not limited by computer? What kind of engine technology is used; vvt, variable runners, multi resonance, etc? How come new NSX is so expensive?

AL

4600cc ...If you think we're a little rude post a thread reading ; "Looking to get a mustang or corvette...convince me why I should get a supra" on supraforums you'll have thirty kids swearing at your mother by the end of the HOUR...followed by a big "BANNED" citation by one of its many troll thwarting pro-supra moderators. LOL :rolleyes:

Please compare a Mustang to an NSX.........I don't understand this logic at all!!!! It is like comparing a V-max motorcycle to a GSXR. Actually, you don't see many V-max's!!! Please.......lets think before we type!!

i dont own an NSX either but i do own a Fiero GT and i can say that even though its no where NEAR the car that the NSX is i would compare it to it. if you are a skilled driver and can make yourself learn how to drive MR cars then get an NSX. its a completly different beast to have 260hp in MR than it is to have 260hp in FR. if you only want performance get the NSX then put coilovers on it and some big wheels that are WIDE for stability and get some big brakes. im also pretty sure that if you buy a car because of the type of people associated w/ it then you are a dumbass that doesnt deserve the car to begin with. from you attitude so far i would associate you with a Twin Turbo Supra owner. right now im convinced that you should get a honda civic and go be a ricer. but thats just my opinion and i dont have an NSX but something VERY similar.

4600cc said:
Hi. Don't have NSX, have my eyes on corvette, viper, cobra before I even would consider NSX, but you have a chance to change my mind.

...How come new NSX is so expensive?
...your line of questioning is exactly equivelent to ;

" At only a buck-fifty a draft for my BUDWEISER, WHY should I spend $100's of dollars on a bottle of Crystale' or Moet to GET ME DRUNK "

...if we even have to educate you on the difference, you're not in the right class here*

...get the Mustang, put $900 worth of bolt-ons on it...and you'll be fastest in the drag race your mind is quantifying as the measure of a performance car.

NSXTASY_MD said:
...get the Mustang, put $900 worth of bolt-ons on it...and you'll be fastest in the drag race your mind is quantifying as the measure of a performance car.

I would agree. The mustang is easy and inexpensive to make REALLY fast in a straight line. If that is what you are after, stick with the mustang.

I drove the NSX in an autocross and I didn't think it was that great of an autocross because of the gearing, but I am also not a great autox driver (1st time). I probably pushed it 75% of what it could do in the hands of an experience autoX guy.

I have heard from others that it is a prett good car for autox though.

NSXTASY_MD and some bolt-ons from Effer! said:
:D ...your line of questioning is exactly equivalent to ;

" At only a buck-fifty a draft for my BUDWEISER, WHY should I spend several $100's of dollars on a bottle of "Krug", "Veuve Clicquot" or "Moët & Chandon" to GET ME DRUNK. WT... with a "Château Pétrus"? "

...if we even have to educate you on the difference, you're not in the right class here*

Splendid!

Your analogy is...splendid.

In the same line, I hope Mr. 4,6 L doesn't choose a girlfriend like a car! :D

Seriously, maybe he only wanted to stir up from us some passionnate reaction in the goal to let us doing him the "grand jeu" in seducing him to the NSX body...

Fall ball...

I don't want everybody to be wine connoisseur because there will still be no more than 60 000 bottles of "Château Pétrus" available per year...

I think I'm a lucky man, I do have an NSX and a 1994 bottle of IT waiting for another decade to get to its apogee...

Best wine tasted so far ( in y2K ) : Vega Sicilia Unico 1970.

Cheers all!

Effer

12.87@104mph stock. 12.53 @ 114 with bolt-ons.

Here's the time slip stock:
nsxvsvetslip.gif

Back