• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Alignment in Dallas

My NSX is wearing out the inside edge of the rear tires. The dealer says that when the car was lowered, it became impossible to set the camber correctly on the rear tires. I am looking for an alignment shop in the Dallas area who has experience and can help. Thank you.

wbryan,

I think it's going to take more than an alignment shop to correct your issue.

The NSX, when lowered, requires camber settings that are unattainable on an OEM alignment hardware. Do a search from "Thom Camber" for a solution.

My NSX is wearing out the inside edge of the rear tires. The dealer says that when the car was lowered, it became impossible to set the camber correctly on the rear tires. I am looking for an alignment shop in the Dallas area who has experience and can help. Thank you.

There are a few things you can do to help reduce tire wear.

Reducing OEM toe will give you longer life on your tires.
A good suggestion, ask for the following:
Front: -0.06 to -0.03° spec is -0.18 to -0.10
Rear: 0.03 to 0.06 spec is 0.12 to 0.20

This helps increase tire time from 3k to about 15k miles per set.

To increase the longevity of your tire even more you can install the rear camber kit.

Thom

http://www.geocities.com/thomayotte/NSX_Camber_Correction.html

Back