• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX at 19

Hi all,
I have been reading this forum for quite some time now. I am only 19 but work full time and am VERY successful concidering my age. I have been searching for NSX's for about 3 months but get scared of all the NSX's I have looked at. I am in Chicago but will soon purchase an NSX. Anyone know of any good NSX's? 91-93, none red? I am willing to travel. Just thought I would introduce myself.

Thanks

What exactly are you looking for? For example, would you be willing to pay thousands more for a car with super-low miles? Do you have a maximum price in mind? Do you want modified or stock? etc.

I know of a '91 black/ivory with 7500 miles for sale at a dealer in St. Louis that I'll private you about.

Feel free to come to our Chicago-area meetings. Currently the first Wednesday evening of each month at Pauly Acura in Highland Park, business meeting at 6:30 followed by dinner at a local restaurant.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 21 March 2001).]

CHInsx what do you see when you are looking at the 91-93 NSX's that scare you? Any examples or tips that might help the rest of us shop? Your information from the inside of the insurance business might give us a new tool to add to our check list
wink.gif

Yes, I prefer a stock NSX but that is not that important. I am looking for one with good maintainance records. I am looking for one with no accidents. One with miles up to 65k would be fine. Let me know if you know any??

Keep in mind that you might not be looking at a representative sample of the NSX's that are out there. Cars that are in good shape and have good history tend to belong to their owners for a long period of time and to get resold quickly. Cars that have title problems and poorly-repaired accidents are the ones that sit on dealer lots for long periods of time.

The FAQ has a list of various places to look for used NSX's. My impression is that the very best places to find one that's been well cared for are those where the real NSX enthusiasts hang out: these forums, plus the national and regional NSX e-mail lists. I would suggest posting a WTB post in these places, and make sure you put that in the subject.

Wow, just a topic i wanted to post.
Let me properly introduce myself to the members. Hi everyone! My name is Nick, and i'm proud to be a member of this board. Hopefully I will be accepted. I'm a very cool young guy
cool.gif
. Ok i'll stop.
Back to the topic:
I'm also 19 years old, living in Chicago. I'm in the process of looking for an NSX and hopefully purchasing one soon. I'm looking for a 97+ NSX, but also considering a brand new one. But i don't know if it's worth the money or not. I know the 97+ model is a little faster, but i can't seem to find any specs on it(E/T..weight..ect..). I currently own an S2000(your little brother)i love the car, but i worship the nsx. What kind of things do i look for in a used NSX, any signs or anything in particular. Any help will be appreciated. =D
P.S. I like everything about the NSX, every color, style ect...
NICK

Wow - you guys are making me feel old ... and I just turned 22 last week. Look for all the things in the FAQ checklist... Also, some of the original owners purchased transferable extended warranties. The car i just bought has a full Acura warranty until november of next year. This provided great peace of mind prior to the purchase.

------------------
-------
95 T bl/bl @ 35K

I'm looking for a 97+ NSX, but also considering a brand new one. But i don't know if it's worth the money or not. I know the 97+ model is a little faster, but i can't seem to find any specs on it(E/T..weight..ect..). I currently own an S2000(your little brother)i love the car, but i worship the nsx. What kind of things do i look for in a used NSX, any signs or anything in particular.

Check out the FAQ at http://www.nsxprime.com/toc.htm There are several topics under "Buy/sell/ship/store". Also I think you'll find most of the specs you're looking for in the FAQ.

Make sure you buy one in time to bring it to NSXPO 2001, which will be close by this year (October 17-21, 2001, in Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin). Watch for an update in the forums later today.

We have a very active group of NSX folks here in the Chicago area. We meet every month and have other activities (although a lot of our work this year is on behalf of NSXPO 2001).

Back