• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX at Manheim

Hello all!

I am in the process of researching and locating an NSX to purchase, and it has been suggested that in addition to watching private sales, I also monitor the Manheim auto auctions; however, I have been receiving varied opinions concerning the quality of NSX's available there. I read a previous thread that lightly touched upon the subject, but to those who have attended the auction, or attend often -- what is your opinion of the NSX's that have been available/sold? Any additional information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Di

Pm the Kid.

Just like with private sales there are good and bad.. Its up to the buyer to determine what the car is worth.

Private sales will have the same issues that cars at auction will have. I know of several running 05 models that are in great shape. Depending on the seller at the auction they perform a very thorough PPI and note any ding dent or previous repaint. Just like would be noted if you had a private seller car and had a PPI done on it.. The only difference to me is that public cant get into the auctions.

Hope that helps..

I just sold my 05 Red/Tan with 28k on it about 3 weeks ago at Manheim PA:wink: Ive bought and sold countless NSX's from there, like Brian said earlier....some good ones and some rats.

The Auction results are restriced to dealers, and I dont think it would be fair to whoever bought it:wink: Just my thoughts, but any interested Prime members can feel free to PM ME just to keep the selling dealer honest. Everyone is entitled to a profit, just not $10k:biggrin:

I just sold my 05 Red/Tan with 28k on it about 3 weeks ago at Manheim PA:wink: Ive bought and sold countless NSX's from there, like Brian said earlier....some good ones and some rats.

NO way that was yours. I was looking at that car, not that I had the cash:rolleyes:

Picked up a nice 2006 Nissan Maxima that day:smile:

Years ago when visiting the US searching for a special used car, I have been at Manheim PA auto auction together with a cardealer.
As far as I remember this place is restricted to cardealers, private parties cannot buy there? (so you will have to commission a cardealer to bid/buy on your behalf)

Years ago when visiting the US searching for a special used car, I have been at Manheim PA auto auction together with a cardealer.
As far as I remember this place is restricted to cardealers, private parties cannot buy there? (so you will have to commission a cardealer to bid/buy on your behalf)

Yes, this is true. A family friend is a cardealer, and has a pass into the Manheim auctions, but I don't think he deals in cars like the NSX (and likely has not been watching them closely). I'm trying to gauge whether monitoring the auctions would be worth the time (and the wait :wink:)

Thank you for taking the time to reply, everybody. I appreciate the help.

Last edited:
Hello all!

I am in the process of researching and locating an NSX to purchase, and it has been suggested that in addition to watching private sales, I also monitor the Manheim auto auctions; however, I have been receiving varied opinions concerning the quality of NSX's available there. I read a previous thread that lightly touched upon the subject, but to those who have attended the auction, or attend often -- what is your opinion of the NSX's that have been available/sold? Any additional information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
-Di

Hi Diane, I saw you over at Don's today as you were picking up your SEXY/VERY CLEAN red/black 91.:wink: You've made very a good purchase, congrats! Come join us over at the Northwest region where we have local bay area meets, coordinated drives and other events. I'll be glad to introduce you to the local group. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53

Last edited:
Back