• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Basch Supercharger Dyno (428whp SAE)

I've been meaning to register on here for a while but with being so busy lately it has kept me from doing so. I figured now was the best time :biggrin: Hope to contribute here. Luis brought his NSX to Total Performance and Service for supercharger install, fuel pump install, fuel injectors install, AEM EMS install, AEM Serial Datastream Gauges (2) install, re-wiring the main relay, etc. Thanks to Marshall there for busting his ass making this happen. Then I came down to tune the AEM EMS. I've tuned a lot of Supra's, Civic's, Integra's, EVO's, Subaru's, M3's, Nissan's, etc. This was my first NSX. I was pretty happy with the outcome. Car drove great on the street, pulled great on the highway, etc. I'm going to try and get the dyno sheet from TPS but you can see it some what in the video. The car made 428whp SAE (most post inflated STD numbers) with 170 degree intake temps

http://www.inductionperformance.com/video/dyno/louis-nsx-dyno.wmv

Last edited:
What year was the nsx and how much boost

Hello Alpha this is Luis glad to see you were able to get some video of the car on the Dyno I meant to bring my camcorder with me but forgot it rushing out the house. I guess we will have to take some more video when I see you again for the Methenal injection Kit. I guess at that time we might have to experiment with the 11lb pulley. Damm speed crack pipe

Special Thanks to:
TPS in west palm beach Mary ,Marshall,& Eroll
Alpha from Induction Performance for Aem Tuning
Blodi for hooking me up with his BBSC Kit
Ross from Stompo Nsx for Aem EMS,AEM Digital Gauges ,& Aem Dual Wide Band set up.

What year was the nsx and how much boost

1lb - 3800RPM
2lbs - 5000RPM
3lbs - 5900RPM
4lbs - 6400RPM
5lbs - 7100RPM
6lbs - 7700RPM
7lbs - 8100RPM

Hello Alpha this is Luis glad to see you were able to get some video of the car on the Dyno I meant to bring my camcorder with me but forgot it rushing out the house. I guess we will have to take some more video when I see you again for the Methenal injection Kit. I guess at that time we might have to experiment with the 11lb pulley. Damm speed crack pipe

Special Thanks to:
TPS in west palm beach Mary ,Marshall,& Eroll
Alpha from Induction Performance for Aem Tuning
Blodi for hooking me up with his BBSC Kit
Ross from Stompo Nsx for Aem EMS,AEM Digital Gauges ,& Aem Dual Wide Band set up.

Thanks Luis. You're welcome for the quick video. Sorry I couldn't take more. Maybe next time ;) Yeah. Keep me updated on the meth injection. As soon as you have that finished we will coordinate

Man those are some really good numbers, On 5 psi on my BBSC I only made 305 rwhp....I've been trying to find another pulley, but no one seems to want to let one go....

Anyways it sounds sick! What kinda exhaust do you have?

Are you running an AEM EMS or what are you using for tuning? How high were you revving? He has B&B Headers and Kakimoto Exhaust. I agree. It sounds great. TPS is going to install a new pulley for more boost and a custom meth injection system controlled by the AEM EMS soon

Did I read somewhere it was a stock engine?
If so, you are getting REAL close to the limits of the engine, in stock form.

Correct. Remember with the centrifugal supercharger boost is made through rpm. With the new pulley he will have a broader powerband and will not have to rev as high. Also with the meth injection he will have a safe/reliable 450whp car

Man those are some really good numbers, On 5 psi on my BBSC I only made 305 rwhp....I've been trying to find another pulley, but no one seems to want to let one go....

i had the same problem sourcing a smaller pulley... Eventually i just called up a maching shop, and in 36 hours, for $60, I had my 7 lb pulley machined down to 3.77" for 8.5psi. And that was after waiting 4 months for the other machine shop that kept promising basch his pulleys. He's still waiting on 4 other customers' pulleys!

Correct. Remember with the centrifugal supercharger boost is made through rpm. With the new pulley he will have a broader powerband and will not have to rev as high.

New pulley will increase boost but simply by design the engine will still have to rev higher to produce the most boost.
I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't already know but the design of it will never provide the torque band quite like the CTSC or GMSC.
Either way, those are some awesome numbers and all involved in it should be very proud.

Did I read somewhere it was a stock engine?
If so, you are getting REAL close to the limits of the engine, in stock form.

I think he is well past it for long term use.

Here is a quote from Lovefab, though I am not sure if he feels the same way about 3.0 as the 3.2. Maybe he can chime in.

"My official recommendation is to keep the power at or near 400whp if you care about longevity." -- Lovefab.

You can read the full thing here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087783&postcount=5

Last edited:
I think he is well past it for long term use.

Here is a quote from Lovefab, though I am not sure if he feels the same way about 3.0 as the 3.2. Maybe he can chime in.

"My official recommendation is to keep the power at or near 400whp if you care about longevity." -- Lovefab.

You can read the full thing here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1087783&postcount=5

not to be an ass torwards Cody....but he has about as much experiance as anyone else.....400 is just an arbitrary number....no one knows what, or if there is a safe level, and every year this number is tested and pushed to the next level....

congrats....nice power...glad to see the BBSC is still getting used, my favorite SC for sure.

I think someone finally hit the nail on the head.I most certainly have to agree with 01 Black on what is a safe # to stop at this is surely an answer that can be answered by a certified tuner only not any ordinary Joe the Plumber with an nsx. Are #s showed everything was in the safe zone when dialed in properly If anyone needs a good AEm Tuner you shoud definitly contact Alpha @ Induction Performance this kid knows his sh!t.We will keep you guys posted on next pulley swap 11lb with 100% Methanol set-up .I cant wait.

not to be an ass torwards Cody....but he has about as much experiance as anyone else.....400 is just an arbitrary number....no one knows what, or if there is a safe level, and every year this number is tested and pushed to the next level....

congrats....nice power...glad to see the BBSC is still getting used, my favorite SC for sure.

I was lucky enough to pick up a rare Kakimoto exhaust with 4" exit tips from another prime member this car sounded sick even without the supercharger .This was ordered in Japan & took several weeks to get your hands on.I dont believe there is a better sounding exhaust out there.

not any ordinary Joe the Plumber with an nsx. .

Well, three of us in the thread of has BBSC's and now don't. So you can call us Joe the Plumber if you like. We are only trying to look out for you.

Best of luck in the future. I know how much fun the car is.

Are you running an AEM EMS or what are you using for tuning? How high were you revving? He has B&B Headers and Kakimoto Exhaust. I agree. It sounds great. TPS is going to install a new pulley for more boost and a custom meth injection system controlled by the AEM EMS soon

I'm using EMS, and I'm wrapping it out on redline.

i had the same problem sourcing a smaller pulley... Eventually i just called up a maching shop, and in 36 hours, for $60, I had my 7 lb pulley machined down to 3.77" for 8.5psi. And that was after waiting 4 months for the other machine shop that kept promising basch his pulleys. He's still waiting on 4 other customers' pulleys!

That's what I needed, I was PM'ing other prime members about selling it, or even giving me the dimensions of it! Thanks peiserg! I might just get one made now!

I'm using EMS, and I'm wrapping it out on redline.

That's what I needed, I was PM'ing other prime members about selling it, or even giving me the dimensions of it! Thanks peiserg! I might just get one made now!

be cautious tho.. i have an aftercooler which i think means i need a smaller pulley for the same non intercooled boost level.

You can ALWAYS take more off... you can't add it back tho!! what's the outermost diameter size of your pulley? Pete the machinist's number is

ahh crap i can't find it. I will update this when i find it.

He did, btw, mention $60 was too low for the 2 hours it took him. I think his normal rate is $45/hr.

On a sliiping clutch and 5 psi on a one time only hot egine run my 1991 BBSC put down 310 rwhp ( version 2 SS box)..

Thats a low number..But with that slipping clutch and little 310 rwhp my lil 2995 pound 1991 nsx was still able to hit 113 mph trapp speeds in the 1/4 mile...

Now she's pushing 7 psi and has a fresh clutch installed...Cant wait to see how high she can trapp now..

These lil nsx's really impress me with how fast they can be with such little power. In my previous vettes or vipers 400 rwhp was nonthing ( hell both my Vipers were higher in rwhp bone stock and 410 rwhp for the 99 and 445 rwhp for the 2003 respectively..

But somthing tells me that a 400 rwhp NSX will move the hell out..Anyone know what a 400 rwhp nsx should trapp in the 1/4 mile. Im guessing 120-123 mph all day

On a sliiping clutch and 5 psi on a one time only hot egine run my 1991 BBSC put down 310 rwhp ( version 2 SS box)..

Thats a low number..But with that slipping clutch and little 310 rwhp my lil 2995 pound 1991 nsx was still able to hit 113 mph trapp speeds in the 1/4 mile...

Now she's pushing 7 psi and has a fresh clutch installed...Cant wait to see how high she can trapp now..

These lil nsx's really impress me with how fast they can be with such little power. In my previous vettes or vipers 400 rwhp was nonthing ( hell both my Vipers were higher in rwhp bone stock and 410 rwhp for the 99 and 445 rwhp for the 2003 respectively..

But somthing tells me that a 400 rwhp NSX will move the hell out..Anyone know what a 400 rwhp nsx should trapp in the 1/4 mile. Im guessing 120-123 mph all day

Are you the same person that bought the NSX w/BBSC and was racing all your friends on the V1 SS box a while back?

Are you the same person that bought the NSX w/BBSC and was racing all your friends on the V1 SS box a while back?

Ive only street raced my nsx once..And I regret it..So you must be thinking of someone else

Why do you regret it?

prob cause vin diesel brought a 10 second car, the nsx is only a 12-13 second car, and now he owes vin diesel a 10 second car because the Triad machine gunned his nsx till the NAAAAWWWSSS!!! blew it up, and then they had to walk home, where he fell in love with vin diesel's sister, which is always an iffy proposition, since vin diesel may kick your ass if you treat his sister wrong.

just my opinion.

and I've added the dog photo just because i can. click to enlarge for full effect.

Attachments

• dogface.jpg
    dogface.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
THANKS NETVIPER no hard feelings nothing directed towards you I appreciate all the input I was able to gather on this set up prior to Install.Everyone on prime with a BBSC has been very helpful in giving me helpful insight.I can only cross my fingers & hope for the best if worst comes to worst Ill be forced to rebuild then i definitly will go for even more power .

Well, three of us in the thread of has BBSC's and now don't. So you can call us Joe the Plumber if you like. We are only trying to look out for you.

Best of luck in the future. I know how much fun the car is.

Back