• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX beats C6 ??

azndng said:
i think i remmeber seeing the z06 do a sub 8 minute on the ring. (7:50) i think. i know it wsa faster then the nsx-r. given, it does have 400hp... and you need that for the uphill/straights.
the new c6 will outperform probably every nsx, maybe on par, or better then the nsx-r. its just simple facts.
As I already wrote (and I'm only speaking of track performance because I have no interest in drag races) the C 6 was tested at Hockenheim short with about the same laptime as the NSX-R and "sport auto" will publish a "supertest" next month with the C 6 including Nordschleife - I expect also about similar performance but that's just a guess.

That Mugen Engine is amazing. If they could use that for the NSX, it would rule.

Personally, I would like to see them make about 500HP and around 380TQ with a good 300lbs at 2500 RPM. Redline at 8500 would be good enough for me. 1st gear would be too long with 9500RPM redline. I wonder how the motor compares to the C32 from an actual size standpoint.

haha i love ITB's
wonder if you can tune them to sound like a pipe organ ? :biggrin:

CerberusM5 said:
First of all, the 0 to 60 time are fairly meaningless to me as a guideline for accelerative prowess. There are too many variables in regards to the launch, driver skill level as well as drivetrain abuse. I think 40 to 140 and beyond are better demonstrations of a car's acceleration ability far better.

1. A stock supercharged Cobra will pull decisively on the NSX from a roll. One with $1000 in mods will destroy it.

2. The E55K would crush the NSX from any speed. (Just drove my friend's 2003 yesterday and know for a fact it would bury my NSX.)

3. A 997 Carrera S pulls away strongly (I know this personally in back to back runs switching drivers)

4. I have driven several GT3s and that car is a lot faster. It reached an indicated 165 on a section of road that my NSX attained about 145.

5. The V10 M5 should be faster than the supercharged E55, enough said.

I have two friends who bought 997S and they both stickered under $90k and they are far from "strippers". The NSX looks cheap and dated in comparison to the 997's interior. Also, the 997S has 65 more horsepower, a lot more torque, massive four piston brakes, fat 19" wheels/tires and a better performance suspension.

1. SC Cobra? If it pulls on the NSX, it will pull on a lot of other cars that cost 3x as much, including every jaguar, Maserati, Aston Martin, most Ferraris, most 911s. Who cares? It's a freaking Mustang.

2. This is a laugh. The E55 is a large brick. At higher speeds, drag resistance would be limiting.

3. The 997S is a 355hp car w/ a 3.6l engine. I will grant that it is more powerful.

4. Perhaps you were on it more. The NSX's top speed is not much in excess of 165 anyway.

5. It may or may not be. We'll see.

I agree that the NSX should be making more hp. If they'd have spent any development dollars on the engine since 1997, they could have merely upped the compression ratio to where the TL and s2000 already are and with some other minor year-to-year tweaks, could be developing 340hp. This would put the car on par with or faster than any that you mentioned except for the big engined American rattlemobiles.

NetViper said:
That Mugen Engine is amazing. If they could use that for the NSX, it would rule.

Personally, I would like to see them make about 500HP and around 380TQ with a good 300lbs at 2500 RPM. Redline at 8500 would be good enough for me. 1st gear would be too long with 9500RPM redline. I wonder how the motor compares to the C32 from an actual size standpoint.

590/4.0L = 147.5 hp/l that's sick!!! thats some good F1 technology there. hMm imagine the nsx with the mugen engine, and nsx-r weight (sub 2800 lbs) = .214 hp/lb. which is higher then the enzo/s7. lil lower then the McLaren F1.

that'll mean the peak hp is pretty high and all, but i'd imagine with i-vtec, that they'll put tq lower then normal, 3000 rpm, and it'll be "ok" for daily... but i would assume that an ITB car to be race ready...

Last edited:
liftshard said:
2. This is a laugh. The E55 is a large brick. At higher speeds, drag resistance would be limiting.

I love the NSX as much as anyone, but you can't dismiss the speed and power that the E55 can put out. Laugh all you want, but you will see it's exhaust in every straight line race large brick or not and at any speed. However, if you make any turns... :wink:

I'm not a huge fan of the E55, but I have to repect what it does well.

Last edited:
jlindy said:
I love the NSX as much as anyone, but you can't dismiss the speed and power that the E55 can put out. Laugh all you want, but you will see it's exhaust in every straight line race large brick or not and at any speed. However, if you make any turns... :wink:

I'm not a huge fan of the E55, but I have to repect what it does well.

What's that, burn gas?

Comparisons to factory-modded cars like the MB AMGs, is rather ridiculous in the first place. MB can't make high hp without FI. Slap a blower on the NSX, then. You won't be seeing any exhausts.

With the C6 and Viper and 997, at least these are NA engines. The SLK55 is a freaking 5L with a blower on top. E55, S55, SL55, CLK55, all of them.

My perspective on these MB cars is why in the hell would you spend S-class money for an E-class car? OK, the AMG 55s are fast and have 500hp. What else can be expected of a car with a gigantic engine and a SC?

But...on another note, I just spec'd out an E55 on Edmunds. $80K? LOL! Not EVEN close. W/ just a few options on it like the comfort package and whatnot, the damned price balloons to $91k!

YES, with THAT price, you CAN get a 2005 NSX and a Comptech SC and you will fk this E55 up in any race at any speed. Let us at least compare $80k apples to apples if we're going to. Whoever spends close to $100,000 on an E-class is a certifiable dipsh!t, but hey, it's their money I guess.

liftshard said:
What's that, burn gas?

Comparisons to factory-modded cars like the MB AMGs, is rather ridiculous in the first place. MB can't make high hp without FI. Slap a blower on the NSX, then. You won't be seeing any exhausts.

With the C6 and Viper and 997, at least these are NA engines. The SLK55 is a freaking 5L with a blower on top. E55, S55, SL55, CLK55, all of them.

My perspective on these MB cars is why in the hell would you spend S-class money for an E-class car? OK, the AMG 55s are fast and have 500hp. What else can be expected of a car with a gigantic engine and a SC?

But...on another note, I just spec'd out an E55 on Edmunds. $80K? LOL! Not EVEN close. W/ just a few options on it like the comfort package and whatnot, the damned price balloons to $91k!

YES, with THAT price, you CAN get a 2005 NSX and a Comptech SC and you will fk this E55 up in any race at any speed. Let us at least compare $80k apples to apples if we're going to. Whoever spends close to $100,000 on an E-class is a certifiable dipsh!t, but hey, it's their money I guess.

I am comparing apples to apples. If it comes from the factory that way, then it's factory to me. Is a Mitsu Evo not factory, just because it comes tweaked to the max from the manufacturer? Someday I would like to own a 993 turbo, but that doesn't mean that it is not fair to compare it to a NSX, viper, or C6. I'm not saying a FI NSX couldn't be made to blow away anything on the street, I am just following up on your comment on the E55 being laughable which is silly. I don't like the car that much, but I respect what it does well and that is torque and acceleration, period. The stock E55 out accelarates a stock NSX, but I would still rather have the NSX. I don't care how much it costs, how heavy it is, how they did it, or what it looks like. The E55 is still a very fast car with a butt load of torque.

Last edited:
liftshard said:
What's that, burn gas?

Hmm.. Perhaps you do not know that MB is going NA with all their future AMG models. Take a look at the new SLK55. 350+HP. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Even with a CTSC, you will still be seeing the exhausts on this car.

ahem there IS a SC'd slk in the works.

I love how the import crowd with tiny engines seem to refer to Ïi as 'cheating". It dont matter - power is power as long as it comes from the factory like that. Do you think its easy to simply strap a turbo on and be done??

Look at the 996TT for example. The car has barely ANY turbo lag, is tuned like a champ. Those engineers at stuttgart put their work and hearts in it. The great part is tat the motor can handle MUCH more. BTW regarding E55s, I lined up with one in my TT. I was only able to pull ahead above 90. The thing is the e55 had 2 passengers (one eating a burrito). Now granted my TT was stock at the time, but i guarantee you that that same car would absolutely ass-rape an nsx.

After the race, other driver informed me that he followed me to race b/c he used to have a 550hp 996 TT. He sold that and bought a gallrdo - but still thought his TT was faster.

As long as there are idiots to buy acuras BS - the nsx will soldier on its "perfect" condition.

Here's one for you...I bet an E55 would crush a stock NSX on the track as well (not the fabled NSX-r that everyone seems to conveniently confuse with a USDM NSX).

Hows that for apples to apples.

Technology moves forward at a hellacious pace, keep ahead....or fall way behind.

Right now acura is in BIG trouble. They have no desirable product. There is arguably better prodicts coming from the other jap makers or of course the germans.

qirex said:
Do you have a cite? That would be news to me and I follow the SLK world fairly closely. One of the tuners might make one but I don't see it coming from MB/AMG.

That engine was on Panoz Mugen...

4.0L V8...well over 600HP for race version.

panoz_mugen.jpg

NetViper said:
Hmm.. Perhaps you do not know that MB is going NA with all their future AMG models. Take a look at the new SLK55. 350+HP. 0-60 in 4.3 seconds. Even with a CTSC, you will still be seeing the exhausts on this car.

riiight. 350hp does not equate to much exhaust seeing. Wow. 5.4L. 355hp. Woo hoo. BTW, the C5 made 350hp and was considerably lighter than the SLK55. There was and is no exhaust seeing. Amazing, then, that the SLK55 can do what the C5 couldn't, what with carrying more weight and an automatic transmission. Must be that amazing German knowhow. If it's German, it's got to be tha shiznit.

qirex said:

I love how the import crowd with tiny engines seem to refer to Ïi as 'cheating". It dont matter - power is power as long as it comes from the factory like that. Do you think its easy to simply strap a turbo on and be done??

Look at the 996TT for example. The car has barely ANY turbo lag, is tuned like a champ. Those engineers at stuttgart put their work and hearts in it. The great part is tat the motor can handle MUCH more. BTW regarding E55s, I lined up with one in my TT. I was only able to pull ahead above 90. The thing is the e55 had 2 passengers (one eating a burrito). Now granted my TT was stock at the time, but i guarantee you that that same car would absolutely ass-rape an nsx.

You must be a lousy driver, then. That's the only explanation here. You are down a few hp, but his car was insanely heavier and had 2 extra passengers. Yet you couldn't beat him in a dragrace? With a 4WD car?

The issue with FI is that it is irrelevant whether it comes from the factory or not. Who cares? How is THAT relevant? What matters is what hp at what price. E55s are $90,000+ cars with any realistic optioning. At that price point, you can get a SC'd NSX. No, people don't pay MSRP for NSXs.

qirex said:
Here's one for you...I bet an E55 would crush a stock NSX on the track as well (not the fabled NSX-r that everyone seems to conveniently confuse with a USDM NSX).

Well, with you driving the NSX, certainly. We've already established that.

With a competent driver, there's not a chance in hell.

qirex said:
Right now acura is in BIG trouble. They have no desirable product. There is arguably better prodicts coming from the other jap makers or of course the germans.

Are you stupid? Both Honda and Acura continue to set sales record after sales record for each respective marque. Do you have any clue about car sales? Acura has two incredibly desirable products, the MDX, and the TL, which sell in ridiculously profitable volume. The TL has been the leading luxury call seller for several years running. The TSX has also been very successful in its market space.

Honda has won 40% of the "10 Best" slots for a decade and a half. I guess with this kind of success, you are going to attract a lot of dumb haters.

Nobody claims that the NSX is the world's best car or perfect, far from it. However, we DO take issue at the notion that even WITH all of this excess rated hp that appears in abundance in premium models now, that the NSX is significantly slower, outperformed, or put to shame by these cars.

And, this board seems divided up into people who actually own an NSX and those who hate them. And, the hate crowd never seems to waste an opportunity to say something INCREDIBLY dumb. It's as if EVERY car made can smoke the NSX, 0-60, in the 1/4, on the freaking Nurburgring, everywhere. The C5 could do it for years, the 911 too, every car from every German, blablabla. Yet, in actual tests, it appears that this is NOT what actually happened. It's NEVER been what actually happened. And, we get nothing but EXCUSES for the successes of the NSX in head-to-head tests. Oh, Mario Andretti is just crazy or C&D had a ringer. WTFever.

Love your Turbo, man, but you just can't drive.

why are we always comparing cars??
m3forum they think the m3s are the best
rx7forum they think the rx7s are the best
motorcycle forum think they are better than cars

blah blah
if we all wanted race car feel for super low price we'd all be drving lotus elises.

I bought my nsx because i love its styling and handling. Its not the BEST car out there but its the best car for me. Even if it only had a 190hp engine i would love it. hmm maybe not as much but Id still own one.

liftshard said:
riiight. 350hp does not equate to much exhaust seeing. Wow. 5.4L. 355hp. Woo hoo. BTW, the C5 made 350hp and was considerably lighter than the SLK55. There was and is no exhaust seeing. Amazing, then, that the SLK55 can do what the C5 couldn't, what with carrying more weight and an automatic transmission. Must be that amazing German knowhow. If it's German, it's got to be tha shiznit.

You must be a lousy driver, then. That's the only explanation here. You are down a few hp, but his car was insanely heavier and had 2 extra passengers. Yet you couldn't beat him in a dragrace? With a 4WD car?

The issue with FI is that it is irrelevant whether it comes from the factory or not. Who cares? How is THAT relevant? What matters is what hp at what price. E55s are $90,000+ cars with any realistic optioning. At that price point, you can get a SC'd NSX. No, people don't pay MSRP for NSXs.

Well, with you driving the NSX, certainly. We've already established that.

With a competent driver, there's not a chance in hell.

Are you stupid? Both Honda and Acura continue to set sales record after sales record for each respective marque. Do you have any clue about car sales? Acura has two incredibly desirable products, the MDX, and the TL, which sell in ridiculously profitable volume. The TL has been the leading luxury call seller for several years running. The TSX has also been very successful in its market space.

Honda has won 40% of the "10 Best" slots for a decade and a half. I guess with this kind of success, you are going to attract a lot of dumb haters.

Nobody claims that the NSX is the world's best car or perfect, far from it. However, we DO take issue at the notion that even WITH all of this excess rated hp that appears in abundance in premium models now, that the NSX is significantly slower, outperformed, or put to shame by these cars.

And, this board seems divided up into people who actually own an NSX and those who hate them. And, the hate crowd never seems to waste an opportunity to say something INCREDIBLY dumb. It's as if EVERY car made can smoke the NSX, 0-60, in the 1/4, on the freaking Nurburgring, everywhere. The C5 could do it for years, the 911 too, every car from every German, blablabla. Yet, in actual tests, it appears that this is NOT what actually happened. It's NEVER been what actually happened. And, we get nothing but EXCUSES for the successes of the NSX in head-to-head tests. Oh, Mario Andretti is just crazy or C&D had a ringer. WTFever.

Love your Turbo, man, but you just can't drive.

preach on preach on... dunno where that other guy gets his facts...but honda is on their top game, minus the super/exotic car class.

back to the subject. this is why most don't want a vette.

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/corvetteblow.html

davidkimchee said:
why are we always comparing cars??
m3forum they think the m3s are the best
rx7forum they think the rx7s are the best
motorcycle forum think they are better than cars

blah blah
if we all wanted race car feel for super low price we'd all be drving lotus elises.

I bought my nsx because i love its styling and handling. Its not the BEST car out there but its the best car for me. Even if it only had a 190hp engine i would love it. hmm maybe not as much but Id still own one.

Amen to that. There will always be something faster, something cheaper and newer. I'm happy with my NSX, it's still fun to drive. Haha, I'd be pissed if it dynoed 190hp though...

nitro said:
Timpo you are a piece of work.You have no clue.I bought my 02 z06 4 years ago for 50,000 ,spent 8,000 on head/cam.That's at least 20,000 less than an NSX.I have 40,000 miles,no rattles no breakdowns,I am at 540 h.p.thats low 11 sec. territory.And what have you got?Good luck lookin good with that nice interior in the slow lane partner.

Well if thats all it takes, I guess I will go out and get a Factory Five Cobra replica for around $40-45K with a proper motor to thrash the vette, nevermind all the kit car qualities it has. Then again, maybe I qwill just go and drop 10K on a ZX-10R or Busa and wax everyones arse on this forum. It's still not the same as an NSX. Is the NSX the best car out there? No, but lets not pretend a Vette is a superior car in the overall driving and ownership experience.

I happen to like the looks of an NSX and in no way putting it down.I was merely responding to Timpo's stupid comment of "the corvette is a piece of garbage."I bought the Z06 for the performance.I have been driving my car balls to the wall for four years now and have had zero issues.So the interior which by the way was materials that was used to keep the car light,does not make the car junk.Its funny how the people that call the interior cheesy are the same people who are trying to justify why their more expensive underperforming car is better.I could buy a whole lot of interior for $35,000.

Shumdit said:
Well if thats all it takes, I guess I will go out and get a Factory Five Cobra replica for around $40-45K with a proper motor to thrash the vette, nevermind all the kit car qualities it has.

My pops has a 540rwhp FFC built by a guy named Wayne Presley. Fast is not just an understatment but not even in the same world. But the car, even with R-compounds is traction limited. From a roll though, I know of no quicker car.

FWIW, I love my NSX. But after driving a C6 and then seeing the specs for the Z06, I'd trade mine in in a sec if I could afford it. If friggin Honda doesn't develop a much better NSX than the C6 Z06 is my next sportscar.

Sure, the Factory Fives and Superformance's have amazing straight line acceleration, but how are they on a road course?

Aren't they all based on a Mustang chassis?

This would severely limit their ability in the twisties.

nitro said:
I happen to like the looks of an NSX and in no way putting it down.I was merely responding to Timpo's stupid comment of "the corvette is a piece of garbage."I bought the Z06 for the performance.I have been driving my car balls to the wall for four years now and have had zero issues.So the interior which by the way was materials that was used to keep the car light,does not make the car junk.Its funny how the people that call the interior cheesy are the same people who are trying to justify why their more expensive underperforming car is better.I could buy a whole lot of interior for $35,000.

Well, if you can drive the car as you say and have zero issues, I would suspect you are the exception to the rule. Anything thrashed will break sooner or later. I have never heard the Corvettes choice of interior materials was to keep the weight down, and since I read most every popular publication on automobiles I would think I would have seen that somewhere since all the staff of the mags also harps on the C5 interior quailty, and to a lesser extent the C6 one as well (mostly centered on the steering wheel for some reason). While every sports car maker takes some steps to save weight (hollow carpet fibers was laways my favorite on some Japanese models), I think GM must be weight-concerned on all their cars, since the interior on my Duramax Diesel Crew Cab is pretty crappy too (good thing, I would hate the truck to weigh another 10 lbs. with a good interior, since it weighs 6000 or so now! I am a fan of GM (have owned quite a few) but the Corvette is a good value for the $$$, but not the same target as the NSX aims for I think. I also think the C6 is a much better car than the C5, much as the the C5 was better than the C4 etc. I still do not think it has quite the feel I like. I can not really say what keeps bringing me back to the NSX (on #3 currently), but every time I sell mine and try something else or go without for 6 months I get the shakes and start looking for one again! It's great we have all these choices since we all have varying tastes, just like music, food, and women (three more of my favorites, but not in that order :wink: )

Last edited:
PaulL said:
Sure, the Factory Fives and Superformance's have amazing straight line acceleration, but how are they on a road course?

Aren't they all based on a Mustang chassis?

This would severely limit their ability in the twisties.

I do not think the chassis is the Fox based Mustang, I think a Mustang donor car contributes some driveline components and brakes, front spindles and the rear axle? The frame and suspension I think are unique to the kit. I have heard good things about the handling of them, but doubt it would be quite the same type of feel you would get in an NSX, Porsche, etc.

"I can not really say what keeps bringing me back to the NSX "

I can.
New cars like the new Vette's (and I do not dislike Vette's) have engineered away all the feel from the road. Several cars are now like this. Just a vague sensation of speed with the steering feel completely removed from the driver.
The only way I can tell I am going fast in some cars is to look at the speedo.
All sensation has been removed. Some may like this, I do not.
(Man I wanted this thread to die) :rolleyes:

azndng said:

DAMN......under 300lbs! That is what the NSX needs.....just detune to say 550 HP and slap it in the next gen NSX. Where can I find more info on that engine?

satx said:
DAMN......under 300lbs! That is what the NSX needs.....just detune to say 550 HP and slap it in the next gen NSX. Where can I find more info on that engine?

Dug this one up from the dead didn't you? That engine does sound awesome on paper (or LCD in this case).

Off topic, it always seems the newest members tend to revive these year old threads.:wink:

Back