• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Bra questions

Hello all, I'm flying out to Florida this week to pick up my first NSX. I bought a factory bra off ebay to use for the drive home (1800+ miles) but have a few reservations/questions:

-The last car I used a bra on (93 RX7), the bra created small rub marks on both sides of the nose. Is this anything others have seen/experienced with an NSX bra?

-Are there anything special preparations I should take before putting it on (other than a fresh coat of wax)?

-Any tips/tricks to putting it on, or is it pretty straightforward? I don't have any instructions

Thanks, Will

easy to put on--i did it no problem with no info beforehand.

Yeah, ive heard from many that the bra causes issues with rubbing. Guess youve got to weigh out the abrasions youre gonna get with the bra vs the nicks/road rash without. Personally, im opting for the road rash.

WillErickson said:
Hello all, I'm flying out to Florida this week to pick up my first NSX.
No advice on the bra, but congrats on the purchase. I'll bet you are looking forward to the drive home!

congrats on the car, and welcome to the NSXprime family... don't forget to post pictures of your new baby whenever you can. :)

Wow... a 1800+ mile drive alone with the car? Sounds like a romantic trip. :p

WillErickson said:
The last car I used a bra on (93 RX7), the bra created small rub marks on both sides of the nose. Is this anything others have seen/experienced with an NSX bra?

I've been using the OEM nosemask on my car since I bought it in '97. It does not cause any rub marks on the finish. The only rubbing marks I've seen on NSX with nosemasks were those that had them installed incorrectly or had them installed too long where dirt begins to accumulate. There's a flap above the turn signals that must slide just above them. I've seen the flap tucked underneath the mask and not above the turn signal. The flap rests on the upper corner of the bumper and causes the scuffing since air is lifting that portion of the nosemask and flappign it up and down.

You should have no problems. Make sure the white felt on the inside is clean. Will keep your nose clean. My '91 NSX has 45K miles on it and I don't have a single rock chip (only a couple tiny nicks) on the nose. I do a lot of freeway driving so the nosemask really helps. Around town, I don't use it much since you're not driving at speeds that would create chips on the nose.

Back