• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Brunch in Chicago (June)

The 18th

Is good for me. Just let me know where. I am in Wash DC this weekend and ran into a Porsche gathering in the burbs here. Nice common cars.

location finalized yet ??

YellowNSX said:
you might have noticed that I didn't put a location in. This too is up fpr debate!
Rick -- do we have one locked-in yet ??
Seems like there are no strong objections to a buffet place in N/NW suburbs ??

Also -- all cars welcome, except maybe Supras with an NSX bodykit :)

Hey Manuel how about and Accord with a NSX body kit :D . I agree with either the Barn or Allgauers as i have entertainment coupons for both :)

ASENNA88 said:
i have entertainment coupons for both
There goes Rick's argument for being able to divide the check equally... :eek:

:D

(The Entertainment coupons for both places refer to entrees - lunch and dinner entrees for Allgauer's, dinner entrees only for the Barn - and would seem to exclude a buffet brunch...)

LOL @ Ken :D I'm not intending to use the coupons I just thought it was funny that I actually had them to both places :) .

P.S.
Has anyone come to a decision yet on which one ?

Re: Good crowd for 7/18 so far...

nsx1164 said:
So far we have at least 10 folks :
- Rick (YellowNSX)
- Ken (nsxtasy)
- Manuel (nsx1164)
- Tom (T Bell)
- Mitch (Meeyatch)
- AaronR
- GinaK
- NSX Chi-town
- Fantasia
- Bad TL

Including SOs, this gets us to around 20 people... Rick, lets do it !!

I just found out that i will be out of town that weekend.
It seem like i'm traveling more during the summer and can't enjoy the nsx.:(

Do we have any firmed up plans for where and when?? I just need to plan this ahead to be sure that I can make it. Thanks! :)

Meeyatch1 said:
Do we have any firmed up plans for where and when?? I just need to plan this ahead to be sure that I can make it. Thanks! :)

I don't know, but somebody should really pick something. I don't think there are particularly strong feelings, and I have no input on these locations, so please feel free . . .

I am thinking about coming down, and would like to have a more definite idea as to location and time.

nsx1164 said:
Sounds good. Let's do it.

We'll need to know headcount so someone can make a reservation. Here's what I THINK we have - I'll assume 2 people for each person listed - my apologies if that is not correct - post changes and I'll keep this post up to date.

Official List of Attendees for July 18 Brunch at Allgauer's

- Rick (YellowNSX) (2)
- Ken (nsxtasy) (2)
- Manuel (nsx1164) (2)
- Gina (GinaK) (2)
- Darrin (ASENNA88) (2)
- Ryan (brahtw8) (1)
- highjohn (1)

- Aaron (AaronR) (2)
- badtl1000s (2)
- Bob Kenney (2)

Confirmed attendees in red. If you haven't confirmed yet whether or not you are coming, please let me know.

Want to join us? Let me know so I can add your name!

Last edited:
Brunch at Allgauer's is fine by me, I was going to make sure that we nailed someplace down by this weekend so that there would be no confusion. Now, just have to get the car ready.......Wish I could get some of the paint blemishes out. But alas, Paint is going to have to wait till after Watkins Glen.:rolleyes:

What kind of paint blemishes?

(I've been busy taking advantage of the pleasant weather this week to detail both my other cars...)

Do you have room for two more ? as the wife and I would love to join you all if its ok.

Darrin,

ASENNA88 said:
Do you have room for two more ? as the wife and I would love to join you all if its ok.
Of course!

Sorry I wasn't clear in my previous post (and I added a note at the end of it). Others are welcome - just let me know (either by PM or by posting here) so I can add names to the list and keep our headcount estimate up to date.

Re: what about Allgauer's

nsx1164 said:
Any objections to Allgauer's in the Northbrook Hilton ??

2855 N Milwaukee Ave, Northbrook, IL
Tel: 1-847-480-7500 Fax: 1-847-509-1043
Sounds like we have 20 or so folks who plan to go. Do we have a TIME in mind ??

I'd suggest we gather in the parking lot 1030-ish or so, with a target "seating time" of 11 AM.

#################

Also would want to see if there was any interest in a post-brunch activity -- drive to a location / car show / event. I'll open up another thread on this in this forum.

Last edited:
I Agree with Manuel I think we should eat no later than noon 1pm is kinda late . But thats just my opinion so just let us know what time Rick.

Darrin

Count me in for 1, possibly 2. (looks like 1)

Edit: I guess Steve isn't coming, but if Tom or anyone else wants to caravan down from Milwaukee, PM me or email at [email protected].

Last edited:
Back