• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Comptech SuperCharger Question

Need Help,

Just installed my SC and at idle it sounds like a chain being banged around...It sounds Like Metal on Metal. As soon as I rev it is gone and comes back at idle.

Is this normal?

Any Help would be awesome

Thanks

It does make the noise you describe. The older Whipple makes more than the newer Auto Rotor version.
Which do you have?
You have of course put 20w50w synthetic oil in the blower, right?

Can you record the sound and post a .wav file here for us to comment?

Yep put oil in it....It just that I am not used to the sound it almost sounds like there is something lose and broken inside

But I guess that is normal

The damn things just rattle. My Whipple makes alot of noise at idle, at least it sounds loud to me, but most non-owners don't really notice it. It is only at idle. I topped-up the oil to the top of the dipstick and that helped a little.

Your idle might be alittle low.
At low low idle that whipple is a can full of washers and a couple of chain pieces, thats for sure.
Check you warmed up idle speed just to make sure.
Welcome to the boost club!
Trev
p.s. you would get more response on ctsc questions in the FI forum.

Your idle might be alittle low.
At low low idle that whipple is a can full of washers and a couple of chain pieces, thats for sure.
Check you warmed up idle speed just to make sure.
Welcome to the boost club!
Trev
p.s. you would get more response on ctsc questions in the FI forum.

+1 What he said ^

Last time I had mine tuned, I had the idle set a bit higher via - AEM, and the sound was virtually eliminated. It didn't take much...
maybe another 50-100 rpm.

Back