• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nsx cracked dash solution

Status
Not open for further replies.
nsx dash solution

this has to be one of the best mods i have done the fitment is dead on and the shipment package is also very protected against bends to dash cover

Installed mine today. Sorry the photos aren't better.

First, the cracked panel.
defrost 11.jpg

Tape the A-pillars per the instructions, and bend the panel so that it fits between them. So far, so good.
defrost 5.jpg

Here is where I ran into difficulty. The instructions say to start at each end, pulling up the dash pad while pushing down on the panel, until it locks in place. I could not get a grip on the dash pad with the panel lying there. So I asked my beloved to find me a piece of plastic that was thin and flexible. She went into the house and a few minutes later came out with this thing. It's some sort of accessory that came with a George Foreman Grill that my son bought to take to college. A George Foreman fork, I guess. :smile: I placed the thin part between the pad and the panel, starting at the center, and worked my way out to both ends. Anything thin and flexible and non-abrasive should work.
defrost 1.jpg

And here's the result. I'm pleased with it.
defrost 6.jpgdefrost 10.jpg

I did not use any adhesive, and the panel fits snug and secure. The new panel is well made, well finished, and comes well packaged. Thanks, Gabriel!

Last edited:
Hi, I placed an order on September 12, payment sent, and am waiting for confirmation of my order.

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta White

I got my panel today, nice and came well packaged as everyone else has said. My misspelling of your email address definitely didn't help getting the panel from you and my apologies for this. Great service from Gabriel who went out of his way to get my problem fixed. Thanks again!

Joe

91 NSX Red/Black
09 VW Jetta White

To all NSX owners with cracked dashes.
I have the lowered the price this year from 250. US to 200. US
The quality remains the same.

To NSX owners with cracked dash. I have only 16 defrost panels left.
Order yours before May 31/15 and I will pay the shipping (in North America only.)
Have a great driving summer.

Unlike the previous posters , I cannot get the panel to drop into place . I tried several methods including using my Chinese upholstery levers . Anyone learn any other trick methods to make it happen ?

Last edited:
Unlike the previous posters , I cannot get the panel to drop into place . I tried several methods including using my Chinese upholstery levers . Anyone learn any other trick methods to make it happen ?

Hi Milton. Please use the instructions that came with the panel. It does go in fairly easy with the help of one other person.
Protect the pillars then flex the defrost panel in the center. Position one end in then the other until the dash is laying flat.
Once the panel is on the dash you lift up on the dash at one end at a time and push the panel under the dash.
That should do it. I've installed it on other NSX's and it works the same on all.
I've sold quite a few and no one has emailed me back with this problem.
Good luck Milton
Gabriel

To NSX owners with the unsightly cracked dash.
I have extended my special pricing until the end of June.
FREE SHIPPING (Only in North America)

Last edited:
My panel is still lying on top the dash . As far as I can tell , it does not fit . If any one local thinks I'm just inept , you are welcome to try it your self . I wouldn't mind to be proven wrong . Or make me an offer .

Last edited:
Only weeks left before the special offer is expired.
This is a great price and a great product.
Don't miss out!

To all NSX owners with a cracked dash.
Just a reminder, my special offer expires June 30th.
Free shipping and $50 off the regular price.
Thanks

As I have posted there hasn't been any other NSX owners that has had any problems with the fitment of the defrost panel.
The person that had a problem hasn't replied with whether or not he installed the panel.
I replied to him but he has not replied to me so I'm assuming that he installed the panel.

Top notch product and service. Might have been packaged with more care than anything else I've ever received. Forgotten all about the crack underneath. I installed by myself and did not use glue. A tight fit, ultimately used a small 6" lever/pry bar that might be used in upholstery and slid in easily with that little help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back