• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX CRAZE (spring) May 21st-23rd in Houston, Tx

I have the full video... from beginning to end... of Kelley getting pulled over by the cops after leaving MSR.

They told him they clocked him at 93 mph in a 65 mph zone...

PM and I'll send you the link... not sure if Kelley wants it posted here.

you can post it. I lied and told him i would watch the speed limit the rest of the way. :biggrin:

I ate up a LOT of gas on the way back to austin!!!

Hey guys,

Thanks for everything. I had a blast, better than I expected. As some of you know, the last few months have been pretty hard on me and I honestly haven't had this much fun since the last time we were in Austin for the previous NSX Crave!

Hope to see everyone at the next Crave! I promise to be more involved and help more next go around.

Btw, what the heck happened to Ross??????????????

Cheers,
- Z

Btw, the cop said we blew by him and he said we were doing 93. I highly doubt we were going that fast....but I wasn't driving. But the cop was polite and came back and wrote us a warning. Then we kinda joked around about how we just left the track and he laughed and said that's probably we couldn't tell how fast we were going. Close call and luckily we had a nice cop pull us over.

I had a great time too....a Big Thanks to Scott for setting up this awesome event...also thanks to all of the out of towners who traveled a long way for this first biannual Craze.

Photo courtesy of Jeff719 :biggrin:

4635816784_6590c1dc45_o.jpg

I got back into Dallas late last night, my 20 year old car handled the 600+ miles including several sessions on the track without any issues :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone for putting on the event and letting me drool on your cars! And a huge thanks to Scin (Chris) for showing me how fast a properly driven NSX can be :eek:

Also, thanks to Ross and the STMPO guys for coming out and hooking us up with the swag!

I have tons of pictures and some videos to post as soon as I get time to go through them.

Last edited:
Btw, what the heck happened to Ross??????????????

Cheers,
- Z

Ross, uh, lost his hood on the way down. Heard it flew off on the highway into oncoming traffic. Glad no one got hurt (at least that I heard of); would have scared the bejesus outta me.

All I can say is WOW. I had an absolute blast, especially driving at night. The X's look so stealth. It was also great putting faces with the names...I will make it a point to attend more functions! Great atmosphere with some of the most wicked X's I have ever seen. By the way , when I finally woke up yesterday and got going , I pulled out of my neighborhood and saw a Mclaren F1 and Sterling Moss SLR. Just completed the weekend. I'll post pics when I get home.

Outstanding event.

Last edited:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDzCwVvOL74&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDzCwVvOL74&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
final...

First-off, a personal thanks to Zishan for accommodating me & so forth. I'm very appreciative. Also, thanks Matt_337 for the offer to stay at his pad, Friday night I got in very late & then just hunkered down @ Z's digs.

Secondly, another personal thanks to TXvsLV for the NSX-Craze Houston Spring '10 event planning/organization. It was so much fun.

Thirdly, more personal thanks to Alas-NSX & Scn for giving me some seat-time as a passenger in their respective rides on the track to compare/contrast. Wowzers is all I can say.

Fourthly, some more personal thanks to acuratech27 for helping to trouble-shoot my (apparent) clutch slave cylinder issue. Thanks man, as I will look into this now.

Fifthly, a very personal thanks to StmpoRaceProducts for the high-quality caps AND the very cool track-day vinyl name/number overlay - perhaps the coolest & neatest thing I've seen in a long time. Very nice to finally meet you.

Lastly, a spread-out thanks to all the fellow NSX'ers on a great time together. Met a few new ones, kicked it w/ the old ones, and crossed paths w/ others I knew from around the ways!

Absolutely look fwd to the next installment of NSX-Craze Fall 2010, wherever/whenever! :cool:

{uploading/editing the pics right now, my subsequent post will have the pics}

By the way , when I finally woke up yesterday and got going , I pulled out of my neighborhood and saw a Mclaren F1... Just completed the weekend. I'll post pics when I get home.
:eek:

By-chance, was it the Silver/Burgundy McLaren F1 that was being sold by by a high-end/consignment dealership in Houston a few years ago? That was perhaps the most striking McLaren F1 roadcar I had evarrr seen! :D

Last edited:
Re: final...

First-off, a personal thanks to Zishan for accommodating me & so forth. I'm very appreciative. Also, thanks Matt_337 for the offer to stay at his pad, Friday night I got in very late & then just hunkered down @ Z's digs.

Secondly, another personal thanks to TXvsLV for the NSX-Craze Houston Spring '10 event planning/organization. It was so much fun.

Thirdly, more personal thanks to Alas-NSX & Scn for giving me some seat-time as a passenger in their respective rides on the track to compare/contrast. Wowzers is all I can say.

Fourthly, some more personal thanks to acuratech27 for helping to trouble-shoot my (apparent) clutch slave cylinder issue. Thanks man, as I will look into this now.

Fifthly, a very personal thanks to StmpoRaceProducts for the high-quality caps AND the very cool track-day vinyl name/number overlay - perhaps the coolest & neatest thing I've seen in a long time. Very nice to finally meet you.

Lastly, a spread-out thanks to all the fellow NSX'ers on a great time together. Met a few new ones, kicked it w/ the old ones, and crossed paths w/ others I knew from around the ways!

Absolutely look fwd to the next installment of NSX-Craze Fall 2010, wherever/whenever! :cool:

By-chance, was it the Silver/Burgundy McLaren F1 that was being sold by by a high-end/consignment dealership in Houston a few years ago? That was perhaps the most striking McLaren F1 roadcar I had evarrr seen! :D

I don't know, all I know is, I nearly S#*! my pants when I saw it.

Last edited:
Damn, I was going to have my car detailed before going down there but ran out of time. Little did I know that close up pictures of the track beater paint would be posted online... as I would have made time! :)

They just don't know what you and your car is all about. I can't wait to get my car back on the road and I will def make plans to come down to Austin to run Harris hill so we can get the suspension tweaked to handle like yours man:biggrin: Or if you decide to come down to Houston we can make plans to go run Grand prix again.
Oh and thanks for letting me ride with you at the track.

Rahim

Wish I could have made it to this event! This looks like unreal amounts of fun!

I was out having fun in wild west Texas. While heading back home today, I saw a flat black widebody NSX without a hood heading the opposite way. I was thinking to myself, what in the world is that doing in the middle of nowhere (Ozona), Texas?! Now I know. :)

Ross, uh, lost his hood on the way down. Heard it flew off on the highway into oncoming traffic.

Here are the other pics, I saw these sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_6596.jpg
    IMG_6596.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6579.jpg
    IMG_6579.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_6636.jpg
    IMG_6636.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_6585.jpg
    IMG_6585.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6637.jpg
    IMG_6637.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_6612.jpg
    IMG_6612.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6582.jpg
    IMG_6582.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDzCwVvOL74&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

thanks for the play by play narration! sux that happen

I truly expected the worst!

I have the full video... from beginning to end... of Kelley getting pulled over by the cops after leaving MSR.

They told him they clocked him at 93 mph in a 65 mph zone...
you can post it. I lied and told him i would watch the speed limit the rest of the way. :biggrin:
Btw, the cop said we blew by him and he said we were doing 93. I highly doubt we were going that fast....but I wasn't driving. But the cop was polite and came back and wrote us a warning. Then we kinda joked around about how we just left the track and he laughed and said that's probably we couldn't tell how fast we were going. Close call and luckily we had a nice cop pull us over.

Photo courtesy of Jeff719 :biggrin:

4635816784_6590c1dc45_o.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDzCwVvOL74&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VDzCwVvOL74&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

thanks for the play by play narration! sux that happen
I was trailing Big'KO during that, doing about 95 at that precise moment (that's feet-per-hour ;)). The Five'Oh just flew by me & cut between KO's silver-bullet & myself. I thought at the time he was doing 95-105 (again, that's feet-per-hour :p) as he was actually leading/pulling from me (though it should be noted I have perhaps close to ~3% speedo' error due to my wheel/tire sizes).

Let's count our blessings & take it all in stride w/ perspective, I believe a few of us (your's truly, included) got off w/ warning citations at some point this past weekend.

Last edited:
10 partners, $25k each, let's get a McLaren MP4-12C!!!

By the way , when I finally woke up yesterday and got going , I pulled out of my neighborhood and saw a Mclaren F1... Just completed the weekend. I'll post pics when I get home.
I don't know, all I know is, I nearly S#*! my pants when I saw it.
Here are the other pics, I saw these sunday.
Oh my, I need a moment! Silver McLaren F1's just make me weak! :redface:

I believe the silver-ext./burgundy-int. McLaren F1 at the Houston dealer was being offered for $2+ million, a few years ago. A relative bargain as those rides are rarer than flyin' pink unicorns (My Lil' Ponies don't count! :p). I believe in ~5 years, it'd be worth ~$5 million - truly the benchmark investment instrument in terms of late-model vehicles.

In all seriousness, like-minded friends/enthusiasts/aficionados should form a syndicate w/ individual shares & acquire such a vehicle. There was a McLaren F1 w/ above avg. miles, but fully serviced/refurb'd a few years ago that a fellow Prime member almost acquired, I believe asking/starting price was $1.3 - $1.4 million & it went for $1.5 - $1.6 million. Looking back, that's once again a relative bargain as the same model would now likely garner $2.25+ million.

Another point of reference, an early Koenigsegg CCX went for ~$240k'ish (or less) about a year or so ago. It was an advertised sale in major publications/registries. I am sure that is a near-zero depreciating platform at that price-point, only to appreciate in value in due time w/o a doubt!

{I can/will find the advert' for the listing, though it may take me sometime to go through my stuff}

Supposedly the forthcoming McLaren MP4-12C is purported to be a "high-volume" hand-assembled, carbon/composite exotic super-car. At a price-point of ~$240k & w/ the performance that is unrivaled by anything less than ~$750k (ie. it makes mince meat of out the F458 Italia, Gallardo LP560-4, 997 911 GT2, etc'), I wonder what it's long-term residuals would be like? Supposedly, 1,000/per-annum units are the slated goals for McLaren. I don't fore-see such a volume due to their nascent planned dealer-base & service/logistics network (it's very interesting - everyone should gain an insight into how/what/where/etc' McLaren plans to do!!!). I am thinking the MP4-12C will likely hold its value much better than its contemporaries, and thus would make for a decent investment instrument for enthusiasts... :D

Last edited:
I got back into Dallas late last night, my 20 year old car handled the 600+ miles including several sessions on the track without any issues :biggrin:

Thanks to everyone for putting on the event and letting me drool on your cars! And a huge thanks to Scin (Chris) for showing me how fast a properly driven NSX can be :eek:

Also, thanks to Ross and the STMPO guys for coming out and hooking us up with the swag!

I have tons of pictures and some videos to post as soon as I get time to go through them.

Mr. Two, I saw your NSX, but didn't get a chance to meet you. Hopefully next time.

All I can say is WOW. I had an absolute blast, especially driving at night. The X's look so stealth. It was also great putting faces with the names...I will make it a point to attend more functions! Great atmosphere with some of the most wicked X's I have ever seen. By the way , when I finally woke up yesterday and got going , I pulled out of my neighborhood and saw a Mclaren F1 and Sterling Moss SLR. Just completed the weekend. I'll post pics when I get home.

Outstanding event.

Hey Raymond, it was great to finally meet you and see the Legend up close and personal! I mean the NSX, not you! :biggrin:

Btw, I may need your help with my lil suspension issue....

Hey Umar, no need to thank me. Thanks for giving me a ride in your rocket. I forgot to ask, but I wanted to take it for a ride. Hope you get the tranny issue sorted. Let's pray it's the clutch slave!

If you guys have a fall one both WB specialty NSX will make it's everybody showing. This should fall into the convoy going to NSXPO. MAybe a pre nsxpo get together before everyone who is attending gets NSX'd out

=g=

Gil, it was great seeing you and the crew. Hope to see you guys at the next NSX Crave event!

Damn, I was going to have my car detailed before going down there but ran out of time. Little did I know that close up pictures of the track beater paint would be posted online... as I would have made time! :)

Haha, those guys are a little harsh.

Ok, oversized (clickable) thumbnail images...

Ha, my cats trying to claw at Umar from underneath the door! :biggrin: :tongue:

I was trailing Big'KO during that, doing about 95 at that precise moment (that's feet-per-hour ;)). The Five'Oh just flew by me & cut between KO's silver-bullet & myself. I thought at the time he was doing 95-105 (again, that's feet-per-hour :p) as he was actually leading/pulling from me (though it should be noted I have perhaps close to ~3% speedo' error due to my wheel/tire sizes).

Let's count our blessings & take it all in stride w/ perspective, I believe a few of us (your's truly, included) got off w/ warning citations at some point this past weekend.

Wow, I honestly didn't think we were going that fast. In that case, we really did get super lucky!

Back