• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX delivery

Unless the car was airlifted, it would be effectively impossible for a car to get from Ohio to Taiwan between May 24 and today. Someone with the money and connections to get one of the first ten cars and have it airlifted to him in Asia would not have it delivered to the local dealership. It would have been delivered from the airport to his home in a covered truck.

Therefore, the most likely explanation is that this car is a pre-production car that was cleaned up and shipped to Asia for press purposes. In other words, it is *NOT* a car being delivered to a customer.

Last edited:
The car would still require a PDI, regardless of whether it ends up getting delivered straight to the owner's home. And I highly doubt Acura would go to the trouble of wrapping up the interior if this was a used pre-production model. My guess is that some billionaire paid Acura a million dollars for VIN#2.

Expensive top cars are often airlifted to my hometown. Why not Taiwan? And this could be #30 produced on June3rd, while celebreties in USA are quietly getting theirs.

I do not see the letters NSX on the brake Calipers so I am thinking this is not a production car.

I do not see the letters NSX on the brake Calipers so I am thinking this is not a production car.

I think that is more to do with the low resolution of the video than anything. Keep in mind that all the pre-production car calipers still have the NSX logo on them.

You also can't see the NSX logo on the small side window either. In fact, you really can't see any small details on the car.

Last edited:
It seems to me that, just as images of the car were captured and shared, any other dealer delivery would end up on the Interwebs very very quickly. Just seems unlikely that this is the first car, worldwide, to get to a customer (other then the stages VIN 1 event). Time will tell. I still doubt this is a customer car, but admit that it is possible.

Unless the car was airlifted, it would be effectively impossible for a car to get from Ohio to Taiwan between May 24 and today. Someone with the money and connections to get one of the first ten cars and have it airlifted to him in Asia would not have it delivered to the local dealership. It would have been delivered from the airport to his home in a covered truck.

Therefore, the most likely explanation is that this car is a pre-production car that was cleaned up and shipped to Asia for press purposes. In other words, it is *NOT* a car being delivered to a customer.

I bought a 2008 R8 that happened to be the first one ever delivered in Michigan and it was airlifted to my dealer by Audi, and trust me, I'm no one special. :smile:

That is in Taiwan. I saw it from instagram saying that somebody bought it!

How do you know from the video it's in Taiwan?
I see the word Stop written in English on the ground behind the truck.
How do we know it's not a prototype for a car show?
How about posting the link showing the details on the Taiwan sale?

Last edited:
How do you know from the video it's in Taiwan?
I see the word Stop written in English on the ground behind the truck.
How do we know it's not a prototype for a car show?
How about posting the link showing the details on the Taiwan sale?

I can't read the writing on the side of the truck, but it does seem to be some form of Oriental writing. It has Honda badges, and apparently Acura is in China and Hong Kong. Furthermore, in the Jay Leno video, Ted Klaus stated that the car will be sold as an Acura in China (as well as the mid east). Don't know about Taiwan though. Also, it is left hand drive which rules out Hong Kong anyways, as well as Japan.

Also, it is left hand drive which rules out Hong Kong anyways, as well as Japan.
Not necessarily, it could end up as collector's car which won't be driven much if not at all. China or HK is very likely IMO.

Not necessarily, it could end up as collector's car which won't be driven much if not at all. China or HK is very likely IMO.

Then someone should tell all the drivers on the road (in the background) that they are driving on the wrong side of the road.

It's a demo car for Honda Taiwan's NSX event. (6/17 - 6/19)
9 Allocation / 4 Sold.

That make more sense.
If it's a prototype for demo then it would move on after the event.
If it's a production car it would stay on to fill an order.

My 1991 was a show car. After being on stage at Paris auto show, it was temporarily in Istanbul car show, which was the last stop of the Europen tour. It was a production car, hence an offer to pay duties and taxes were accepted, and Honda management agreed to let it stay here.
So the car in Taiwan may well be a production version. It will probably not be on the road for some time, but debut on various shows before delivery to its owners.

Back