• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Est Fest! May 16-18 2008

Special Announcement!

We have confirmed the attendance of Motorsport Legend "Derek Hanson" for a special session on handling, and performance - getting the most out of your car.

Derek is not only the Chief Instructor for both the Ferrari Club and BMW Club, but he was chief instructor of Porsche Club North America.

He owned and was chief engineer of DECH, which supplied all the "go fast" suspension and engine tuning parts to Saleen as well as building their own high performance mustangs - Saleen actually owes their reputation to Derek's design that made the Mustang's solid rear axel work properly under cornering loads.

Derek will speak to us about how you don't need to be a race car driver to understand how to get extra performance out of your car and how the technology and driving techniques of your NSX apply to F1 cars and vice versa.

Anyone who's spent a bit of time with Derek knows what a treasure-house of information he is - and how lucky we are to have him as a friend!

If you drive on the track, he will help you go faster, if you're considering the track, he'll help you be safer and if you're not interested in the track he'll give you tips to driving safer.

He'll be speaking Monday morning, but will join us for the weekend - he LOVES NSXs - his son, Peter and I went to the Glen and Peter took my NSX out with the Ferraris and Lambos in the advanced group - he could toast them into the corners, the only place he lost ground was the straights, where they had 100-300 more HP than my little ol' stock NSX (stock suspension, wheels and tires)

I cant wait for this!

An update for you guys, we are approaching 30 cars/rooms booked, so if you're thinking about this, now is the time. We have about 8 people who have said that they are coming but have not yet confirmed with me, who's handling the registration, or booked their room.

So this event is easily going to be completely full. We are looking at it as about half the size of an XPO, with 10x the partying that the last XPO had.

This will be a fun event. We have almost all of the car related things that have worked for XPO in the past incorporated into this weekend.

Come'on over and join in on the fun!

Is there a special rate at the event hotel (http://www.gananoqueinn.com) and if so, what is it?

I called but they are not available to take reservations on Sunday.

Yes, there is a special rate - I don't recall the $$$ but just say you're an NSX Cluber and bobs your uncle!

I registered at [email protected] but have not heard back from anyone.
Did it take?

Sorry, Dave is outa town and he's the registration boy!

Dave has been collecting registrations but has been in the Bahamas for the last week. I'm sure the lazy bastard will get back to you upon his return!!! :biggrin:

Can you believe he called me from Bikini Village the day before he left he was all excited he had found Yellow Banana Hammocks that matched his car - he thought he should buy me one too so we could be "Hammock Buddies" :rolleyes:

When I told him he was nuts he thought I was complaining about the price - $39.95 - which he said was a bargain compared to how much he's paid for them in the past!:eek:

I just hope he doesn't bring one to Est Fest:wink:

Who's left in NE who hasn't registered? I can't imagine you guys have fewer cars than we puny Canadians?

Please tell me you're not afraid of our beer?

post a list of who's signed up..
we'll work the rest....:wink:

Ask and you shall receive!

We've got:

Bob O
Larry B+
Ron W+
Simon K+
Jermain L+
Johathan L+
Peter M+
Joe L+

coming from the US.

Do not let our faster CDN cars outnumber your slower US cars!

Cant wait to see you all again.

Can't commit at this time, would love to come even though I don't drink beer (pretty much a soda type of guy), I have to play it by ear as too much stuff on the plate and not sure where it will be come 5/16. Please put me down as a definite maybe!

Can't commit at this time, would love to come even though I don't drink beer (pretty much a soda type of guy), I have to play it by ear as too much stuff on the plate and not sure where it will be come 5/16. Please put me down as a definite maybe!

Ditto, Im trying my best to come and yes, I drink beer:biggrin:

I am trying to make this trip, but I have a question for the Canucks,

My favorite beer is Sleeman's Honey Nut Ale. I cant get it in the here in US but my friend manages to get a case once in a while.

Is Sleeman's very easy to obtain ?

I am trying to make this trip, but I have a question for the Canucks,

My favorite beer is Sleeman's Honey Nut Ale. I cant get it in the here in US but my friend manages to get a case once in a while.

Is Sleeman's very easy to obtain ?

The Honey Brown is a fine choice. I keep it in my fridge. You'll have no problem finding it, if you can find a place called the "BEER STORE".

We'll make sure you don't leave empty handed. Those Beer Stores are rampant up here - they are as common as bad jokes from Dave and Stu!

We'll make sure you don't leave empty handed. Those Beer Stores are rampant up here - they are as common as bad jokes from Dave and Stu!

but dont ask Sean where to find THE BEER STORE because he will direct you to THE COOLER STORE

See what I mean? :biggrin:

but dont ask Sean where to find THE BEER STORE because he will direct you to THE COOLER STORE

Geez, I'm glad Dave didn't come back with his typical thing, telling us about this Brown Honey he almost left his wife for:rolleyes:

Turned out to be Molasses!!!:tongue:

Dudes- if I wasn't into the scotch already tonight I would probably understand your joke. I'm sure its funny.

Do the North East guys know that Stu's "cool suit" says "I'm SUPA FAST" across the front and "Captain Cool" across the back?

Just wait till Est Fest; I will tell the lawn chair saga. It was quite a spectacle!

Dudes- if I wasn't into the scotch already tonight I would probably understand your joke. I'm sure its funny.

Do the North East guys know that Stu's "cool suit" says "I'm SUPA FAST" across the front and "Captain Cool" across the back?

Just wait till Est Fest; I will tell the lawn chair saga. It was quite a spectacle!

Dave's always into those scotch mints, he says the cool mint breath makes him a little dizzy:rolleyes:

Now about my cool suit - or cool shirt as it really is cool - but the rest is mythology created by Dave to "handicap" me at the track so he can imagine he's faster than me!:biggrin:

Yes! This will be a ton of fun

Only a handful of days left to get a cheap room, and I bet there are not many of those left.

BOOK NOW

Back