• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX EU Launch

Are you still getting one Jim?

Wow that's a lot of info will take an hour to read

1763-1801kg is heavy for a supercar

Thanks for this find

I like the info about not having the clear coat creep down as it dries by having the panels lay flat

I found this part to be interesting:
For extensive servicing of the powertrain (engine, rear motor and transaxle), the team designed a modular rear section – once the rear fascia panel is removed, the entire boot section of the vehicle can be removed as a single unit to permit easy and unrestricted access to the mid-mounted V6 engine.

I was wondering how you would get access to the top of the engine, since there doesn't seem to be much room between the hatch and the c-pillars to get to the engine.

Thanks for this find. I like the info about not having the clear coat creep down as it dries by having the panels lay flat

As time goes by there seems to be more and more we learn about what's gone into this NSX.
I too found the paint comments most interesting.
And all the info about the induction system and cylinder liners, etc.
And having the whole back end come off for maintenance, amazing really.
Seems to be a great deal of attention to detail and a well thought out machine.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you still getting one Jim?

Still driving my 91, Jinks.
On a road trip through the Canadian Rockies at the moment.

The third playbook listed a lot of what the dealer will need to service the cars

The following part is now making sense

07AAK-T6NA100

Rear Deck Platform

<colgroup><col style="width: 36.760981%"><col style="width: 63.239019%"> </colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

The newest info says:
50 units per year for Germany
15 for Switzerland
That's a low amount for Switzerland as they sold a little bit more of the first Gen (+-250) than in Germany. Maybe that's because there's only one certified dealer. But that's good in contradiction to the inflationary amount of other supersport cars desperately waiting after +-3 years for the next owner but getting square tires, LOL!
Interested in the UK numbers...

Newest infos:
170 units per year for Europe
15 units per year for Switzerland
Price SFR or US-$ 200'000 plus Options
first deliveries in October 2016

Back