• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Floor Mat Plates

I designed some aluminum floor mat plates to restore a set of mats i picked up. The embroidery was trashed and I wanted to salvage the carpet. I figure this would be a cool touch for some OEM mats, or perhaps to give a NON oem mat a more OEM look.
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 2.05.07 PM (3).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 2.05.07 PM (2).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 2.05.07 PM (1).jpg
WhatsApp Image 2022-06-20 at 2.05.07 PM.jpg

They are made of 6061 aluminum that is bead blasted and bright dip anodized. I can get a better price for a batch run, and i think I might be able to get other colors for the anodizing, though I really like the metallic look of these.

What do you guys think? Cool idea or waste of money?

Im epoxying one in place now. Its 0.25" thick which isn't too high compared to the carpet. I wanted depth to it. Ill show some more pics after it cures. As for cost, the unit cost is fair but adds up when you factor shipping and duty. Id have to inquire about a bulk run to get the costs down to a level that would be palletable.

I made them with threaded holes. I didnt use them last night when i epoxied but they have 3 M3 holes. Im leaning towards just keeping the set i made for myself. I dont want to get in trouble by selling items with a trademarked logo.

Last edited:
Im currently doing a small design project for another piece, will have the same shop fab that. I might do a very small batch run on these same time to combine shipping.

Back