• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX gone but never forgotten..

until yesterday i had a 91 nsx..03 viper...08 ram...04 quest....05 liberty..

my daughter just turned 16 and has been begging a for a car. I tried to get her to learn the stick in the nsx but she was just to scared...

Well somthing had to give and being that I like my viper just a LIL better because it's newer and has warranty ect and cheaper to fix..

I traded the 91 nsx with 88K miles for a brand new Kia Forte..

I bought this nsx for 34K 3 years ago..The market has been so soft here in hawaii that even priced at 22K for the past 6 months I havent been able to move it...

Well the dealer got me pretty close to what i wanted for the car at an auction and the deal was made..

Id like to bow out saying that despite buying my car so high at 34K and depite the 4 K for a new clutch and timing chain..Despite the 8K for a new engine when the BBSC blew the origional engine up...despite the 2K I had in electrical gremilins ect...Despite the 50K I had invested into this car and looseing 30K...

despite all that the past 6 months with everything right on the car has been automotive bliss. This car has so much soul while driving it is just rediculoius. days when I planned on driving the Viper I ended up grabbing the keys for the nsx...

What it didnt have in overall speed the car had in off the line excelleration and 1 handed curve takeing smiles, along with quick effortless lane changes at 90 mph..

I will miss the nsx dearly and $$$ permitting I will add a 02 nsx along side my 03 Viper one day..

But as sad as I am to see the nsx go my Daughters smile as she begins her automotive journey is enough to keep me happy..

A quick glance of my nsx...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUvtDuyfm7g

Last edited:
you traded your supercharged, wide body nsx super car for a kia forte??? I thought a kia cost like 8 grand new. A nice used mercedes slk 320 could have been a good trade. Sucks to see the car go but for a kia....

Belieave it or not the kia forte is the upperclass kia and cost me 25k fully optioned plus the hawaiin adjusted mark ups..they had kia reo's for 18k and thos weird looking suv things for 20(.....

got a 10 year 100k warranty....

i here what your saying about tradeing a nsx for a kia...but in reality it was )ow to mid 20's nsx for a low to mid 20's kia forte....

being that i have a 550 hp viper that has turned mid 11's at 125 mph and is a bright yellow convertable and one of 9,000 srt10 convertables in the world i feel overall still satisfied...

if i didnt have another exotic i would have never let the nsx go and just bought it for her......

so please dont think im doing the nsx dishoner with the kia purchase...i tried to get her a bright yellow new camaro and blue convertable mustang....she hated them and wanted the kia forte or mazda3....

gotta make the 16th special so it is what it is

You are one very cool dad! :smile:

Kudos to you for a) being that father and b) having the cajoones to post trading in the NSX for the Kia.

I've read numerous articles whereby Kia and Hyundai are stealing market share like mad and their quality is getting better and better by the day.

It makes no difference what the NSX was traded for, it was the reasoning behind your decision which was on solid ground. You did good. Happy motoring to you and your daughter.

Yeah you did the right thing, letting your daughter driving a nsx as a first car would not have been the best idea. I really like the new hyundai's and kia's so you should have no problems with those cars for the next 10 years ( if you ever decide to keep it that long )

Man you surely had a ton in your NSX. Apart from the reasoning behind trading it - it's the huge loss - WOW. I tell you, you don't hear much about engines blowing but this is the second one I've read about here recently that had a turbo and now your SC'd car blowing an engine.

That is the very reason I believe that lower mileage non modified cars will always sell for more. I'm sorry to hear you had so many problems with your car but that's why most won't buy a car that has been SC'd or turbo'd and this is more proof of that. I noticed that in these pics there was no SC on the car any longer. I guess you sold it???

I've driven around in Hawaii on Maui, Hawaii, Kuai, so I'm curious what in the heck do you do with a Viper over there? Seems just a tad bit in the "overkill" column. Anyway - living in Hawaii I would think is pretty cool. I loved it over there when I went.

All the best and I'm glad your daughter didn't get a Camaro or Mustang. Good choice!

Back