• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in a condo: What would you do?

Let me tell you my story…. Two years ago I realized that I have to start looking for my own place. Saving around 30k+ a year, I would wait to buy something smaller but for cash. I was always interested in cars but Honda/Acura were the best; I began with a Civic, then came the ’05 TL, and shortly after ’05 RL. Last winter seemed really long to me and I began thinking about getting a summer car. My dream was the NSX but the thought of spending all of my savings on this car was a little frightening. Once I started to look around for the NSX I realized that I didn’t have enough money for what I originally wanted (NA2, finding a 2002 for under 40k was hard). I decided to hold off on my dream but I really wanted a high performance summer car with which I could have a little fun :smile:and on April 12 I brought home ’03 Honda S2000. Even though during that summer I didn’t take any vacations, and it was filled with constant work, it was the best summer I ever had. I ended work at 8pm everyday, and everyday the only thing that was on my mind was to go home, take out the S2k, open the roof and just drive. In November I sold the Honda, lost $2k but I don’t regret it at all. If someone offered me a car like that for the whole summer for only $2k I would take it without any hesitation. Right now I own a beautiful 2003 Acura NSX-T and the way I look at it is much different than I did a year ago. It’s not just a thing that I spent my savings on but a life long dream that if didn’t come true now then I don't know when, if at all; and there is a plus to it, the less digits in my bank the greater the motivation to make/save more :smile:. And once I sell it even if I do lose some money on it, compared to the joy that it will bring me this summer (I can’t wait for nice weather) the loss will not even be relevant.

P.S.

If there was a "How much do I regret buying NSX" survey I'm pretty sure the results would help make the 'right' decision :biggrin:

I had exactly the same problem when I bought my NSX, so I rented a space at a nearby appartment building - and parked it there. I just drove over to it and swapped cars when I wanted to drive it, or bring it home for the weekend. It was a slight inconvenience, but completely worth it.

You'll love the NSX, go get one! :biggrin:

Everyone here has good answers. I won't take up a page and a half with mine. I agree that you should pay cash for a '91, and I'm going to pick #1, because I don't think you should own a car like this without a garage. A car cover just isn't the same. My .02.

I didn't read through the entire post once I saw your wife wanted a house. I think the decision is already made. I am in a similar situation as you, but I'm single and don't have kids, therefore, I opted to get the car and wait to buy a larger place. I think a house in a nice area would be more beneficial in the long run.

I just got home from picking up DrVolkl's silver 91. I couldn't resist it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I know it wasn't really part of my plan but I don't think I'm going to regret it. It is probably the most impractical thing I've ever done hehe :cool:

I just got home from picking up DrVolkl's silver 91. I couldn't resist it. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I know it wasn't really part of my plan but I don't think I'm going to regret it. It is probably the most impractical thing I've ever done hehe :cool:

CONGRATS!!! You'll love it... my NSX purchase was the most impractical thing I have ever done also =] Aside from the 02 front end that is... now that was impractical!!

Congrats Cozmo. Great to meet you...looking forward to having you join us at local events, etc!

You literally stole it out from under another person. Nice work. lol

It's ok, when I bought the car I was so broke I had to daily drive it for 6 months because I couldn't afford a beater. The car served me well for 3+ years. You're going to love it.
:smile:

Back