• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in Boston

Just wanna let you guys know, I was driving around Boston today and to my surprise when I looked at my rear view mirror, another NSX!! It's not that big of a deal I know, not like it's my first time running into another NSX. However, it's still nice to see someone with the same obsession as I do, he waved me goodbye as I pulled into the Prudential parking garage. The location was on Huntington Ave and if I'm not mistaken, its color is Midnight Pearl (i.e. 95-96 NSX-T, the top was off).

------------------
'98-T Kaiser Silver/Black

That IS a big deal. I've had an NSX for over 3 years and have only 'run into' 5 others on the street. And I've never run into one in Boston....... oh yeah, I don't live there anymore.
smile.gif

Only 5 others on the street in 3 years? Do you count it only when you're driving the NSX too?

Hmm... lemme refresh my memory a little. 3 years ago, this stupid jackass bought an overpriced '91 for 40k. Then again, there's always this red NSX around Boston every once in a while, not sure about the year. In my old apartment building, there was a spa yellow NSX-T and also another spa yellow NSX-T around Chestnut Hill (but I heard it got rammed into recently). 4 months ago, I was on I-95 and ran into a kaiser silver on the fast lane as well as another kaiser silver in Brookline, both different owners for sure (one white, one asian, I don't think they share cars). Again, the latest one I saw was this Midnight Pearl earlier today, dunno if he's on this board or not.

After all, I guess running into 5 in 3 years is about right since I've only ran into 7. However, 5 of those 7 NSXs were encountered only during the past 4 months.

that was me that passed you as you were pulling into the prudential garage, and yes the car is a 96 midnight pearl nsx-t, i jsut bought it a couple of weeks ago, and i dragged my fiance out to enjoy the day and the car, got caught in a little rain but WOW i love driving that car! my fiance actually spotted your car, and i had to zip around a few cars to catch up to you in traffic, it still amazes me that i was driving around today and saw 6 ferraris and 1 nsx, its great to be a member of such a select few. I am a car dealer (chevrolet/specializing in corvettes) and i still love to drive my nsx anytime i can. Let me know if you're ever out and about in town with your car again and we can hook up and talk shop.

mike s.

Originally posted by NsxJoy:
Just wanna let you guys know, I was driving around Boston today and to my surprise when I looked at my rear view mirror, another NSX!! It's not that big of a deal I know, not like it's my first time running into another NSX. However, it's still nice to see someone with the same obsession as I do, he waved me goodbye as I pulled into the Prudential parking garage. The location was on Huntington Ave and if I'm not mistaken, its color is Midnight Pearl (i.e. 95-96 NSX-T, the top was off).

I think that I know which one you are talking about. Was it driven by a *big* guy?

i'll take the *big guy* comment as a compliment, i'm actually 6'3 and 285 pounds, I live on the north shore of boston, and i love it when people see me squeeze myself in and out of my little purple nsx. you'd be amazed at how many people ask me why i would buy such a small car, my feeling is that if you have to ask you wouldn't understand.

Hi NsxJoy, I.m the stupid jackass who bought the '91 X a couple o years ago. I never see any of you guys around town. I can tell you though, there are quite a few in and around Beantown.

Mike,

The reason that I know that you were a big guy was because I saw you driving through Revere Beach Blvd. two or three weekends ago (with T tops down). And I remember thinking.. wow, that's a beautiful one (not you, but the car
wink.gif
).

i actually have a condo on revere beach, so i drive the beach every night and every morning, say hi next time you see me.

Haha, Bucky.

You're definitely not the JA that I mentioned because I know that guy personally. Trust me, there IS a reason why I called him the name and I'm sure he's not in Boston anymore, long story.

Mike,

Nice to see you on the board, I guess NSXprime is a must-know to all NSXers. It'll be a good idea to meet up with other Bostonians sometime but I'm kinda busy these couple weeks since my mom came over to visit me. Plus I'll be taking my car to install intake and exhaust soon, hopefully I can get my Cooper S before then. Btw, tell your fiance that she has good eyes.

Tiger740,

I didn't even catch Mike's face as I had to pull into the garage so I couldn't judge if he's a big guy or not (plus he was sitting down... 6'3? damn...)

Originally posted by Bucky:
Hi NsxJoy, I.m the stupid jackass who bought the '91 X a couple o years ago. I never see any of you guys around town. I can tell you though, there are quite a few in and around Beantown.

Bucky, did you used to have a black '91 NSX?

Anyone on South Shore? I bought my '99 Kaiser Silver Metallic in April and picked it up this past weekend after some "minor enhancements." I've seen one black NSX on 24 North and a red one for sale on a lot in Brockton. Other than that....nada. Guess this is the time of year all NSX's fly south to Newport?

I saw 2 NSX's on memorial day (one even gave me a thumbs up). Normally I only see another NSX every couple of months. I've seen more 360's this year than NSX's. I'm so glad I can to see one in my garage every day.

Speaking of Boston, does anyone know where I can get my NSX Dynoed in the area? South Shore and/or a place who has tuned NSX's would be best but at this point, beggers can't be choosers. Just finished up mods and it's running lean. Thanks

Try ACS Racing in Hanover. They have a Dynojet. I think they even have $50 baseline dynos every other Saturday. Check their website at: www.acsracing.com

Originally posted by McAttack:
Speaking of Boston, does anyone know where I can get my NSX Dynoed in the area? South Shore and/or a place who has tuned NSX's would be best but at this point, beggers can't be choosers. Just finished up mods and it's running lean. Thanks

That can be done, 2nd week of June and after would be best for me.

Anyways, something interesting worth noting. My friend (who drives a black M5) just told me he was racing a 2002 blue NSX last night on Storrow drive towards the Newton direction. Anyone here owns the precious vehicle?

To my knowledge, there has not been a 2002 blue NSX sold in the whole state of MA thus far.

[This message has been edited by Nimbus (edited 31 May 2002).]

You guys should plan on attending New England 2002 in Sept. Rich Hutte lives in New Hampshire and put on an event last year that was really nice. Check out the link. Also, try getting to Larry B's Poker rallye in August. I have a friend who lives up near Boston ( non-NSXer ) who I may visit sometime soon. Perhaps we'll all get together.http://www.nsxuppereast.com/NewFiles/NSX%20NE%202002.html
Greenapple, I'm in Stamford also. Hardly ever see you. Are you ever in Norwalk? Sometimes I see a red NSX up there.
Keith

I think its a big deal that you ran into a Midnight Pearl at all! I still have actually never seen one in person. I've seen all the other colors, except the Japanese ones, but can't find a midnight pearl. Does it really exist?

ck,

You bet! I saw it with my own eyes.

It looked like black when I first saw it in the rear view mirror but as Mike passed me, the sun directly shined at his car and the rich blueish purple color came out nicely.

this doesn't happen around boston everyday, this past saturday night, after spending the better part of the day cleaning my midnight pearl nsx, i went to my favorite restaurant in boston, abe and louie's, i pull up to the valet and i was thinking i must have one of the rarer cars here tonight, and low an behold there was red nsx parked 2 cars down, i didn't get a chance to really check it out, then after having a great meal as usual, i go to leave and there is a lambo diablo double parked right next to my car, it was starting to look like a car show, the valets were beside themselves and obviously nervous, i left thinking thank god i had spent so much time cleaning, i would have felt petty bad to be in such exclusive company with a dirty car.

Back