• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX in "unexpected/remote" countries

I just read a thread about somebody wanting to import an NSX into Pakistan. I have to guess that is probably the 1st and only NSX in Pakistan (somebody please prove me wrong). Anyways, this got me thinking...where are other "unexpected/remote" locations where there are NSX's? Congo? Zimbabwe? Pipe up if you think you have the only NSX in your country!

While not quite a remote place for exotic cars, it was a welcome surprise to see an early model red one parked right below my cuz' condo where I stayed (near The Emporium Mall).

Ojas said:
Here's a picture of one in Mumbai, India (from this thread):

strange, it says "acura" in the tailight lens but yet it has a euro bumper.

bangkok, thailand.. =).. but seen a MKIV supra there before as well..

The Kid said:

Just means that it was most likely imported from Hong Kong... :wink:

{I want that type of rear-bumper badly, though!?! Grrr...}

Only place that can maintain a late-model car in fit-n-proper condition in Pakistan is in Islamabad... the capitol city's infra-structure is no different than what is present in the US or Europe (ie. roadways, traffic-patterns/conditions, safety, etc'). The other cities would warrant a 2"-3" lift, wide-profile tires / small(er) wheels, front/rear bumper-guards, side-molding on doors/fenders. I'd personally get each body panel made in FRP and keep the OEM Aluminum versions as cherished spares.

I imagine now there are fair amount of NSX'es in the People's Republic of China via Hong Kong. On 'Prime, there are owners from Panama, Thailand, Hong Kong, Portugal, Guam, Alaska, etc' that I can recall of unique origin. There's a friend of mine on MySpace who has a NSX & resides in Fiji.

Osiris_x11 said:
On 'Prime, there are owners from Panama, Thailand, Hong Kong, Portugal, Guam, Alaska, etc' that I can recall of unique origin. There's a friend of mine on MySpace who has a NSX & resides in Fiji.

ahheaeheah.... come on..... Portugal is not a remote location.......it's Europe....right next to spain..... remote for me is like....Congo...Mozambique....Mongolia.....etc... :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ghengis_nsx

Haha Nuno! I assume most of the NSX'es on 'Prime can be found in:

- USA & territories
- Canada
- Germany
- Switzerland
- Italy
- UK
- Belgium
- Holland
- Brunei
- Hong Kong
- Japan

(*no particular order)

I'm curious about Monte Carlo, Monaco... heck our NSX featured two of it's fairly desired color-schemes using the titles! Another one is France, such a large/populous developed nation of Europe, yet not much NSX ownership that we know of (but, of-course there must be French groups/forums for both aforementioned countries).

Now that the Kapitalist Swine have knocked down the Iron Curtain ( :D ) w/ McDonalds, Nike, Levi's, and Rock & Roll... I'd assume Russia's growing affluent elite will be drifting around Red Square in a few NSX'es! :tongue:

Re: Ghengis_nsx

Osiris_x11 said:
Haha Nuno! I assume most of the NSX'es on 'Prime can be found in:

- USA & territories
- Canada
- Germany
- Switzerland
- Italy
- UK
- Belgium
- Holland
- Brunei
- Hong Kong
- Japan

(*no particular order):

Interesting... I was amazed when I found out that Bangkok was a "remote/unexpected COUNTRY... But I thought... Hey the US is on the other side of the world so maybe the capital CITY of one of the largest Kingdom's in the world might seem remote.... okay...

But to read that Hong Kong, Brunei, Italy, Belgium, switzerland... Have more NSX's represented on Prime than Australia does... Well... Unless Australia has become a US Territory recently... I suppose that geography ins't the only subject that some people could have studied a little more... :biggrin:

The Japanese have featured some of the Australian NSX's on their websites(and yes! represented here on Prime)

attachment.php

Maybe this thread may jog your memory...

How many NSX owners from Down Under here on Prime?

PS *** No little furry animals were harmed shortly after I read your post Osiris_x11 *** :biggrin:

Last edited:
Osiris_x11 said:
On 'Prime, there are owners from Panama, Thailand, Hong Kong, Portugal, Guam, Alaska, etc' that I can recall of unique origin. There's a friend of mine on MySpace who has a NSX & resides in Fiji.

Hi guys,

Osiris, thanks for thinking of me first. Don't really know if Panama could be considered "remote". Many people just think here is all jungle and a Canal, but can't blame them b/c that's most of what is shown on tv.

Actually there were four NSXs over here, the one from Prime member pronto3000 was sold to someone in California and shown on the cover of a sports magazine.

AC

I've been to Venezuela numerous times, but I've never seen an NSX down there. In fact, I can't recall seeing any sort of exotic sportscar down there. If you like Toyota Landcruisers howver, Venezuela is Heaven :smile: !!!

Osiris_x11 said:
I imagine now there are fair amount of NSX'es in the People's Republic of China via Hong Kong. On 'Prime, there are owners from Panama, Thailand, Hong Kong, Portugal, Guam, Alaska, etc' that I can recall of unique origin. There's a friend of mine on MySpace who has a NSX & resides in Fiji.

All these countries and still no mention of Australia....

Right that's it!!!... I'm AM going to start harming little fury animals now...

The Kid said:
I noticed that too, but it looks like the left and right taillights are "JDM" (or more accurately, not North American). Seems like they replaced the center part w/ an Acura version (which is not as dark).

The Kid said:

Ojas said:
I noticed that too, but it looks like the left and right taillights are "JDM" (or more accurately, not North American). Seems like they replaced the center part w/ an Acura version (which is not as dark).

Speculating here... But since 99% of the wealth in India are educated overseas... I would probably say that owner was educated in the US. However, because India was a British Colony, they are RHD. Now the NSX was never exported to India. Therefore, I would say that the NSX is probably an imported UK car but the owner changed the badges to align with the cars he saw whilst going to college in the US...

Does anyone know of an NSX in Doha, Qatar?
I am moving there soon & thinking of taking mine there, so I want to know how things like insurance, local drivers, servicing will work out...

snn5x said:
Does anyone know of an NSX in Doha, Qatar?
I am moving there soon & thinking of taking mine there, so I want to know how things like insurance, local drivers, servicing will work out...

Qatar are LHD so I don't know if you would be allowed to register it...

I know you wouldn't get a RHD NSX registered to drive on the roads in Dubai...

Vatican got VTEC?

DutchBlackNsx said:
Wot you mean ?
OEM rear-bumper cover that accommodates Euro-plates (wider than their US counterparts). Aside from looking more unique/exotic, I'd want to add the Int'l ID sticker to each side for my country of origin/ethnicity (PK) and for my country of residence/citizenship (US), just on occasion.

Ex
. those black-oval rimmed stickers w/ white-background & two-letters denoting a country-code: Great Britain: GB, Germany: DE, Japan: JP, Canada: CA, Australia: AU (happy? :D )

I didn't include Australia due to cerebral-methane queef... ala' brain-fart! :redface:

The countries I stated in previous posts aren't remote/obscure, but they aren't USA, Canada, Japan, UK, Germany, and Australia... all locales possessing the bulk of the NSX'es in existence (other than MJ's garage... :p ). I should've iterated: "nations w/ lower volume than the bigg'uns."

I think a fantasy-vacation of mine would be in a NSX, touring/travelling in South Africa! Charlize Theron (SA native), serving as tour-guide... following the NSX in a Chevy Suburban carrying a shark-cage, mtn' climbing gear, my threads/gear & snax', and 4-5 SAS elite forces soliders... ;) No PK/US stickers this time, just UN, lol! :cool:

snn5x said:
Re Qatar, my NSX is LHD.. Euro spec..

I dont know about NSX's but i've seen an R34 and a couple R32/33's last time I was there. i'll be going there again next month.

snn5x said:
Re Qatar, my NSX is LHD.. Euro spec..

Oh ok then... You should not have any worries then!

Import Tax is 4%.
Insurance is reasonable (cheaper than UK) and goes on value of the vehicle.
No authorised servicing or repair for the NSX but plenty of aftermarket places.
Local drivers... Hmmm, how can you say atrocious politely???

Back